Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-11, 16:52

Plan: Exante WS to Paleo
Stats: 188/176/154 Female 170
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi from Newbie and Goodness Direct Voucher

Hi there, I'm a newbie! Currently on Exante food replacement diet but gonna come off soon and want to carry on with healthy eating/low carb to lose remainder of weight! I'm going try to follow the Paleo diet so had to source some unusual ingredients (low carb coconut flour/oil etc!) and found them on the above site...whilst googling for it I stumbled across a voucher code for £10 off a £35 spend so used that and got free delivery! So just thought id let u know!

Also just wondering if anyone could let me know wot suppliers they use?

Thanks
H x
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-11, 09:02

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Welcome to the board

I get my coconut oil from my local Indian grocery shop - a couple of quid for a 500 gram jar!

What other kinds of food are you trying to source, H?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-11, 09:04

Plan: Cambridge diet
Stats: 275/220/155 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi there!

Hope you get the info you need - just wanted to welcome you!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-11, 04:15

Plan: Exante WS to Paleo
Stats: 188/176/154 Female 170
BF:
Progress:

Hi all, thanks for ur welcomes! I'm gonna try to follow principles of Paleo diet so no grains, no sugar, low carb and little dairy.... made some "bread" using coconut flour and flaxmeal yest, was ok, v diff texture to bread but tasted nice, v filling (due to all the eggs, protein/fibre in it!) and nice to have something to put a bit of butter and cheese on! I've pretty much got all the ing I need now but just wondered where everyone gets theirs from, I thought Goodness Direct were quite reasonable and v good delivery service but if someone knows of a cheaper place etc then I'd b interested to know!x
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-11, 07:28
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Dahlqvist's
Stats: 205/152/160 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 118%

In case anyone didn't find it the £10 off £35 discount voucher code is on this page
I use so much coconut oil it's worth my while buying in bulk.
While the cheap Coconut oil from the Indian cash and carry is certainly the cheapest and is fine for cooking I prefer the flavour of virgin organic CO.
If I wasn't bulk buying I'd probably add it to an order from IHERB. They do quite a good range and although it doesn't seem at all green buying from the USA it often works out a lot cheaper, and if you use the DHL delivery option it's as quick and DHL only charge £1.25 to collect the tax whereas the Post Office charge a £8 handling fee. Code ~~~~~~ for $5 discount if you want to give them a try.