Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 17:41
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 163/156/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default New Here..Hello

Hi guys,

I am so happy with this new forum. I start SB a week ago Monday and I have lost 7 pounds and I am very happy. I did Atkins, but it didn't work out. I feel as though I will have better luck with this diet because of the foods we are able to add in Phase 2. My problem is I HATE veggies. I havetried to eat them, but I just do not like them. I do eat lettuce though. But once I move on to phase 2, I will have a healthier eating plan.

I do have one concern. I have no appetite at all. One day, I ate breakfast and that was it all day. I did not loose anything that day, so I realized that I have to eat in order to loose. But I just do not want food anymore. I had to force myself to have an egg and some bacon for lunch today. And for dinner all I had was some roni. I will have something else later, just to have it, but I do not want it. Have any of you guys felt like this? I am hoping it will pass and I will want to eat again.

I also plan on working out staring next week, not heavily, but 30 minutes here and there.

I look forward to meeting all of you.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 22:03
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 270/266/140 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 3%

hee hee isn't that wonderful It's been my favorite part so far, though I agree with you, it's a problem. But I'm not used to not having cravings, or sometimes I feel hungry but still don't really care if I eat or not. But I do eat.

Obviously you've already discovered that your body isn't going to give up the weight if you don't give it enough food to keep it happy. Is it so bad that you have a hard time choking anything down, or just that you're not interested but you still could eat if you would do it.

What's roni?

Anyway, that lack of hunger passed for me. My theory is it's because I started drinking milk.