Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 09:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176.5/172/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default I need breakfast help.... seriously.

I am new to this forum, but desperate to continue the Atkins diet. I have been on the diet for 5 days and lost 3 pounds. I have been on Atkins once before, six months ago, and lost 10 pounds, but gained back 6 of it.

My problem is BREAKFAST. I think I could continue with Atkins for the rest of my life if I could have something good for breakfast. I work early in the morning, and breakfast has always been my favorite, most necessary meal. I HATE eggs, and almost gagged this morning eating one. But I know I needed something in my stomach! I almost cried this morning watching my daughter eat a pop tart and drink her orange juice.

My question: Are there any good low carb products for breakfast? I have been reading this forum, and I have heard the Atkins products are over priced, and I can't afford to spend very much. But, I really need something better for breakfast or I will never make it.

Thanks for the tips.. and have a great day!

Vicky
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 10:02
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Hi Vicky,

what kind of stuff do you like best?
There are some great ideas in Recipes forum, just go to main forum and scroll down.
Alina
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 10:07
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Vicky,

You don't have to eat "breakfast food" for breakfast, you can eat any foods allowed on your plan, since you are still on induction for now you would be limited to "induction foods" but you could have salmon and mayo, steak,burger patty with cheese or chicken and all kinds of other things. When you are finished induction then your options increase - you could make lo-carb versions of your favorites and have them for breakfast. Lot's of people don't like traditional breakfast foods there was a good thread on this the other day, if I find it I will paste a link to it for you.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 10:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/225/142
BF:41%/41%/20%
Progress: 0%

I don't have much help for you because like you I hate eggs so most morning I eat steakums with chees, bacon, or peperonie with parm cheese zpped in the mic for 1 min. and even tuna salad I am having a hard time with finding foods I like. I hope you find some soultions I haven't found many yet.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 10:10
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Default Breakfast Thread

Wow you will have lots of ideas by the time I found the thread 2 others had already posted

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=95250
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 11:17

Plan: SP/Atkins hybrid
Stats: 224/192/130 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

My husband and I both love the Flax O Meal cereals for breakfast.

http://www11.netrition.com/lowcarbs...omeal_page.html

I've made muffins with it before too.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 11:35

Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%

You can always try something non-traditional like smoked salmon or thin sliced turkey spread with a little cream cheese. Also, call some of your local nutrition stores and ask if they carry low-carb cereal. I stumbled across one near my house that has a certified Atkins center and quite a few other brands.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 11:46

Plan: Atkins, KISS, BFL
Stats: 205/153/154 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Have you tried the Atkins muffins? I was just thinking this morning that the cranberry orange is as good as any muffin I've ever had.

I'm not a breakfast eater either so I like to freeze a batch and just nuke one in the morning. The Atkins pancakes are pretty good too, although not really like regular pancakes. Sometimes I'll just have celery and cream cheese for breakfast.

Amy
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 11:52
Registered Member

Stats: 191/190/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 2%

I have found that I have to eat a good breakfast to get me by until lunch time. I have also found that I have to have a lot of fiber intake to stay regular. I usually eat Keto Oatmeal for breakfast. They have several flavors available. I like the banana nut. I get it from Netrition.com or a local health food store that stocks lo carb products.

If I'm tired of oatmeal, I usually have bacon and sausage. I found precooked bacon at Sam's, and microwave ready sausage at the grocery store. Lose out on my fiber, but it is a change of pace. I am allergic to eggs and don't have much time to cook in the morning, so my options are limited. Hope this helps.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 12:12

Stats: 168/154/135
BF:
Progress: 42%

Well, I am new here too and sort of having the same problem. I will be glad when induction is over and I can add a little more variety. In the mean time I am trying to be creative. This morning I sliced up and fried a Giants Stadium Dog and had a slice of provolone??? LOL I am trying not to have too many hot dogs, bacon etc, because of the salt and some of the other bad stuff in them. The other morning I sauteed some mushrooms and tossed them around in a pan with some left over steak I sliced up. But, if you are like me, sometimes you don't have time to cook much - or you just really need to grab something fast - like a pop tart! I have some left over italian sausage in my fridge that I could eat cold. Or there is always cold chicken - if you really don't have time. But those are greasy. I too would like to figure out something that doesn't require cooking, that isn't to greasy, difficult to handle or needs to be prepared. I know, you are not supposed to eat on the run - but some days we have no choice!

I'm looking forward to more answers to this question as well. And - once I am done with induction I am going to track down some of those Atkins muffins everyone is raving about!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 13:15

Stats: 170/151/135 Female 5'6"
BF:?
Progress: 54%

i have guacamole for breakfast most mornings. avacado, sour cream and salsa (fresh, no sugar).
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 13:57

Stats: 199/193/159
BF:
Progress: 15%

I had hot wings this morning. Who said you had to have "breakfast food"?
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 14:07

Stats: 180/168/135
BF:
Progress: 27%

I too have a breakfast problem. I have been living on Atkins drinks for breakfast. I cant find my book but thought I had read something about being careful with nitrates. Does anyone have some insight on this? I have been having alot of lunch meat for lunch and also the bacon and sausage and I have been wondering about the nitates in those.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 15:01

Plan: My own
Stats: 165.5/155/135 Female 5'2"
BF:Too much
Progress: 34%

Try plain yogurt the add some sugar free jam in whatever flavor you like !!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 15:02
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Yogurt isn't allowed during induction ... sorry.