Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 09:33

Plan: Vegetarian LC
Stats: 231/206/112 Female 155 cm
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Irish Vegetarian LCs

Any Irish veggies out there? Anyone have any new or exciting uses for Quorn? The US-based vegetarian LC lists all seem to focus on the processed poison that we can't get here anyway. I need some local ideas to get me out of my lentil and cauliflower/leek puree rut. Anyone know of anywhere to get good and cheap organic veg? I'm trying to wean myself off Tesco and Lidl.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 16:19

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi Izzyh, good luck to you if you can low carb and be a vegetarian.I did not eat meat before,not for moral reasons just because I never liked the taste,but I have had to eat chicken and sausages in order to stick this wol as there is only so much you can do with Quorn.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 04:10

BF:

Thanks for your reply Carmel. I have spent several months losing and gaining the same 7 lbs, thanks to the slippery slope of "I'll just have one taste of a chip". I have just finished reading "The South Beach Diet", which is a lot more vegetarian friendly than Atkins, and allows for the human failing of giving in to temptation. The South Beach Diet also helped me to understand exactly why "just one bite" leads to a disastrous day. So I think I'm back on track, now.

For any other Irish veggies out there, I found the Atkins Bars in Boots (Tallaght) at the weekend. Unfortunately, they have gelatine in them, so they aren't suitable for us. I haven't seen any other Atkins products around.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 06:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/158/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Where can I purchase TOFU? I tried at dunnes but when I asked about it the guy looked at me like I had 3 heads and then went to ask an older lady working there and then they both went to the customer service desk when I finally had 5 of the dunnes employees staring blankly at me - I told them nevermind. I am not a vegan so to say but I don't like the taste of the red meat here in Ireland. guess I am used to the grainfed taste of american beef! although even back in the US I don't eat it alot. HELP!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 08:54

BF:
Default tofu

Tofu can be bought in any healthfood shop. Both Tesco and Superquinn do it, as well. The Tesco tofu is best, IMO.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 06:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/158/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Thanks I will check both places - do you know if they sell the hard tofu?