Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-17, 17:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/247/160 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: -38%
Default 1st day

Hello all! Ready to get back on the bandwagon! After having a delicious low carb meal Saturday and feeling really good about and then hearing a friend say she was eating low carb, I thought, why not!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-17, 07:12

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Great positive attitude!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 20:40
Registered Member

Stats: 286.8/257.7/190 Female 70 inches  (5'10")
BF:
Progress: 30%

Best of luck to you! I am absolutely amazed at how much better I feel since beginning this woe. Aside from the weight loss, I have so much more energy and I am no longer a slave to food. My physical cravings are almost entirely gone and I only occasionally wish I could have something off plan, out of habit, or in a social situation where I wish I was "normal." But it is all worth it. I also have discovered that my moods are much more stable and my depression and anxiety have significantly decreased.
Be aware if you haven't done LC before that the "Atkins flu" will be miserable and the cravings may seem unbearable a few days in but it will get better in short order! I have always been a binge eater, so during the first week, when all I could think about was food, namely carbs, I allowed myself to binge on induction friendly foods. It was the only way I could get through it. And here I am seven weeks later, 23lbs lighter and feeling confident that I can reach my goal. Keep on keepin' on. You'll be glad you did!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-17, 13:37

BF:

Thank you Elizellen, and Penelope! It is so good to keep coming back here. I think it really helps. That is amazing Penelope! If I lost 23 pounds I'd be under 200 lbs. I'd love that! Way to go!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-17, 14:28

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 217/211/155 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress:

Hi all! Nice to hear of your great start over a few weeks, Penelope. I just weighed myself and have gained 50 lbs in one year due to stress. Things have settled down now so I will be moving forward in my eating. Love induction for at least 2 weeks!!Cant wait to see the results!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-17, 10:08
Registered Member

Stats: 286.8/257.7/190 Female 70 inches  (5'10")
BF:
Progress: 30%

Thanks to both of you! I get discouraged sometimes because I have so much to lose so I'm trying to just focus on the next jeans size. I found my favorite jeans on sale and ordered them in the smaller size. As my current jeans get looser, I get excited about trying them on. Easier for me to have small goals or I will begin to feel defeated.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-17, 11:40

BF:

Hi Penelope! I have a goal now too. To be under 220 by the end of August. I think I should keep setting goals. Gives me some direction and focus. You can do it DrMum!