Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2386   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-18, 05:01

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning- Wow the last couple days has been a blur of work/school. I am up pounds. Remember the bounce house from last year. Down two/ up 3/ down 3/ up 2- Sick of it!

Oh ladies- I hear you loud and clear on losing $$$$$ straight from the wallet!!!!! Dang! I have not gotten over the 4 k drop in a car that turned out to be a piece of crap! GRRRRRRR!!!!! I could really have used that to pay off my credit card.

Trig- Choices in a boat huh? Well- for what it's worth, my preference is that the hubby gets on and you get one. Here is my thinking. A total fishing boat is well just gross. So get him a cheap one all his- then get a modest "family" outing boat. The two just don't mix. It's like wanting to have a family take a family drive in a tractor. NOPE!
Truly you could get him a used "decent" workable fishing boat! -

For the most part you hold the keys to the wallet? Well, ya can't take it with you! That is my thought.
I love helping OTHERS SPEND MONEY!!!!

Lori- so you are on your way back- safe travels!!!!!! Your sister is blessed to have you!

NIC- I am curious about the bed topper you bought? is it really just the topper, or is it the mattress? I tried to use a topper on my last bed to extent the life of the bed. I ended up just getting a new bed altogether.

I hear ya on being just tired! You have been a traveling and entertaining queen of late! I would be totally peopled/ traveled out. I do need my down time!
Get some rest!!!!!!

Blue- Missed you yesterday! But I am hopeful it was due to you being busy! You seemed a bit down in your last post! I know its a tough time you are going through. But it truly is almost getting to your deadline. I think once you get settled again- you can really settle!!!! Right now you are still in free fall- however at least you know where you are going to land! You have a goal and a vision! That is better than some!

As far as the scale and clothes tight- I am in the bounce house myself and want to kick it to the curb! I just don't get it. sighhhhh
Let me say- once this weight finally does come off- I am not going to be here again! Too tough to go through this again!
--------------------------------------------------------
OMG- I am just SO tired! Seriously. I crammed a weeks worth of work into last night. I usually use the weekend to get a jump start on my papers. But this last weekend was sucked up completely with family stuff. I enjoyed it, but it was a learning curve for me. I can't use BOTH days for fun. I know know that one of those days need to be a school day. It has been a hard week.

Cruella- has been in her office and leaving me alone. She is very aware that I went to HR. I think I scare the hello out of her now. I am in a leaders meeting from 9-3pm that is most of my day. She will be there right next to me. It's tough for both of us. But I have dug my heels in and not going anywhere right now. I am looking- but it has to be a good switch.

Well- discouraged in my WOE. My Garmin came yesterday- I am taking the box into work and will set it up.

Ok- all have a great day
Sponsored Links
  #2387   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-18, 05:22

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, wondering how that good night's sleep was for you with the new topper? waiting for that report

Jaz, glad the crazy boss is not in your face and leaving you alone!!
2 boats, NO FREAKING WAY GIRLIE! I dont' really want one boat anymore HAHA......the old saying is one of the best days of your life is the day you buy and boat and the other best day is the day you sell that boat! Boats are a pain to own. We will get a 'bass and ski' type. Combo. More open for fishing and troll motor etc...but I want some better lounge type seating in the boat also for pleasure cruises. We can find a combo that will work and if 'icky from fish' he can wash the darn thing before we get in it I barely want to spend any money on a stupid boat anyway LOL UGH please don't get me riled up on this boat thing HA!!

Sorry you are whipped. Being super tired is NOT a good thing at all. You bought that home to sit your butt in that back yard and relax and chill and revive yourself on the weekends. Try not to spread yourself too thin, while sometimes we have to go all in to get'er done.....we must remember it catches up wtih us.....you know for me it was more mental exhaustion in the end. You mentally start to fall apart without some good down time. Good quiet relax time. Time to friggin' do nothing! Nothing but yawn, stretch out on a lounger, soak up the sun, run thru that sprinkler when ya get hot, sip on that fine drink next to you, and watch the clouds and the dog play in the backyard!

Hey all
have to hit grocery store today. maybe tomorrow LOL I just hate shopping anymore and have hit stores to do this and that and just sick sick sick of it. will see if I get my butt in gear or not on grocery shopping today.

waiting for monster fog to lift. hope the day is super sunny and hot as heck want to float round the pool today and do nothing. yup that is my goal in life now, to do as little BS in life and just relax. relax to the max

got dragged off yesterday afternoon looking at boats at used marine places. omg such crap out there for very high prices. Told hubby to take his time on buying, he might rush and I won't let that happen. A great boat deal is out there and the perfect boat, so instead of going insane and buy fast, I am slowing him down on this, he is going boat crazy right now HAHA Driving me nuts on it in a way. come on ya know, kick it down a notch and chill Don't have to have the darn thing tomorrow now do we? Or DO WE? heehee, ugh

today is simple food. as ya'll know I hate cooking and spending time in the kitchen ever!

tuna and mayo later for brunch time meal
having nice ribeye steak and grilled shrimp on the side tonight

everyone have a fab day!! and CHILLAX if ya can!!
  #2388   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-18, 10:54

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hello!

I am home! I arrived about 11AM. Drove thru periods of heavy rain and then nothing, then a downpour, then sun....weird! Have you all seen pictures of the flooding in Central PA? Terrible. The river in front of our house is WAY up and muddy, but we will be ok. As long as we have power and our sump pump keeps working, we are high and dry. The drive in restaurant across the river has packed up all they can into a trailer truck and are holding their breath. The predicted river crest should be just below their building with a few feet to spare, but that could change anytime.

I am back on strict LC starting today. Back to feeling like a busted can of biscuits, and I hate it. I will not weigh myself until August 1, but it is time to pay the piper. Eggs, cheese, butter & cream....and trying to only have a 6 hour eating window for the coming week.

I have to work tomorrow night and then nothing until next Wednesday night. Supposed to play lots of golf in that time off, but our course is flooded. Not sure when it will be playable again.

I am planning to go back down to Sis's on September 9. That will be the beginning of the 3rd week post surgery for her. She will not be able to drive, but I'm hoping she will feel well enough to want to go out a bit. She has a dental appt. on 9/11, and doesn't want to miss that, so I will take her. I may get an argument at work about being off over that time, but if so, I will just quit. I have a feeling they'll work with me.

Doing a bit of laundry and just enjoying being home with DH. Every once in a while it opens up and pours for a few minutes and then gets sunny...haven't seen anything like this in a long time. Enough already!!

Later!
  #2389   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-18, 16:47

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Interesting discussion on different spending styles. Dh is a "fritterer"- he will fritter money away on buying lunch out, a bit here, a bit there, and it adds up with nothing to show for it. He's on a spending budget- he gets fritter money twice a month that he can do with what he wants, but it's limited. That being said, it is a decent amount per month! I am more of a "big experience" spender on the whole. I don't buy books or clothes or food out regularly etc but then I will put a chunk of money toward an experience be it a trip, or something special.

You are totally right about the expense of NYC being the lodgings. Food can be had pretty cheap. I can't imagine going and not seeing a show but discount tickets can be had for less expensive shows and then you can offset that by going to museums etc or just walking around and people watching.

BLUE! I am excited that you have discovered the wondrousness of Kindle library books! It is the bomb, right? The other two things that are wonderful are Bookbub, which will send you an email every day with good Kindle deals that are cheap. It learns your preferences too. Most are 2.99 and under. Then Netgalley is also amazing.

Jaz- Gotta give credit here to DH. He doesn't know this big dinner is happening. It's a surprise! Turning 50 is a big birthday and his brother called and asked me if I was doing anything and if not, they'd like to invite everyone out to dinner. Their budget is really tight though, for their family, so I sort of lied and said I was going to do it but I would love their help with planning and such. Taking our big family group out is $$ and then some of the folks drink a good bit too. I just didn't want them to sink the amount of money into it that I knew it would become. They are bringing the cake and a gift for DH.

Your comments about Noah are too funny. When DS16 was a baby he looked like Uncle Fester! A little old man! So are you totally used to your Mac now?

I hope the meeting day went well and nasty miss M gave you a wide berth!

Lori- OMG RISOTTO!! I do love risotto and would choose it over pasta any day. To me it is totally worth the splurge. I bet it was amazing!

I saw those pics of Hershey Park flooded, but then can you believe they opened the next day? Some areas were still not open but still! I wonder if they gave discounts on the tickets since like 14 rides were down?

I completely agree about traveling when you can do so. Hopefully we are all able to do that for a long time to come, but prioritizing my bucket list and doing the places I most want to see first is the strategy I plan to use.

Glad you are home safe and sound. What is the actual date of your Sis's surgery?

Boats: We talked very briefly about getting a boat once upon a time but we decided we'd rather rent lake houses for a week in different places and rent a boat to go with it. lol Plus DH is not at all a fisher or hunter or anything else like that. He doesn't even mow the grass!

••••••••••

Let's see-

Bed topper- I slept until NINE this morning! No hip or back pain at all. Hopefully that will continue for the next few months while we go on deciding about a mattress. It is such a hard thing to make a decision on IMO because EVERYONE has a strong opinion, the opinions all differ wildly, and you can't even price compare from one place to another. This is the kind of purchase I hate to do because I can't reason it out at all.

BUT I got a FIERCE headache this afternoon. I finally broke down and took one, and then a second, Advil. I never take stuff for pain but this was rapidly crossing the line into becoming a migraine. Weather, hormones, or fumes coming off the topper, even though I opened it and let it air out in DS19's room for a while? Guess we will see if I get another one tomorrow. The smell was faint last night but I could smell it.

Went and visited my CASA baby today for the first time in a long while. Talked to her GGdma on the way over and she said CB's mama isn't doing too well, so the right decision was definitely made. CB is cute as can be, talking well although her enunciation could use some work. Talking in sentences! She has one more month in this (crappy) daycare and then she moves into a preschool program via the SpEd umbrella. That will be great for her and I expect her to make huge strides then.

Came home and FINALLY made myself get brave and try my first Indian food recipe- I made Chicken Tikka Masala! I was so freaking proud of myself. It took a while- about an hour of doing something- but it was good. It made a lot of "gravy" (masala) so I thawed and am now marinating a bunch more chicken thighs in yogurt, garlic and spices, which I will cook and then add into the gravy tomorrow. I am really glad that I sucked it up and stopped circling the spices in fear. Now it is a matter of what I will try next!

I was supposed to go to a cooking class tonight but it got canceled. Pretty last minute cancellation too- I found out at 4 and I would have left at 5:15. I would have been MAD if I had driven all that way (an hour one way) to have it canceled. I just chose to get a refund because it is rescheduled for September and I am not ready to commit to that yet.

So I am really having a hard time staying on track- on one day and then falling off by late afternoon the second day. I am frustrated with myself. I don't feel all that well physically and I know exactly why.

I'm also just feeling a little blue and overwhelmed in general. Not massively so, but enough. This big dinner is coming up on Saturday, and my IL's are complicating things by both spending the night here AND bringing their dog.. it was just supposed to be a dinner! But they are driving up from VA and so they can't drive back that late at night. I should have planned a lunch! So now I have had to make ANOTHER plan, and DS19 is going to invite DH to a movie for a birthday treat. That gets DH out of the house so the ILs can get here and bring their dog here, get him settled and then we will go on over to the restaurant and throw some decorations up etc.

Then DS19 and I leave for Canada on Wednesday, a week from today. I really haven't planned well for it- I've got the tickets, car and lodging, so the bones of it are covered, but usually I have educated myself better by now about what to see, best things to do, where we might like to eat etc. I need to get on the ball about that.

And then of course, the wedding is coming fast and furious, and also coinciding with the first week of school. I met with DS16's guidance counselor yesterday and they've put him into 7th period Physics, which absolutely sucks. There is no way around it, that is the only time it is offered, but during baseball season he will miss class 2-3 times a week, and it is a HARD class. He will have to really bring it the first three quarters and we might need to consider a tutor to help pull him through toward the end. It makes me mad that they allow a class like that to happen 7th period. It is a small school and most of the kids play multiple sports.

Anyway, I need to get a grip and get off the stress boat. Life is good, all the upcoming things are good. TOM is late and I think that has something to do with it too. AND NO I am NOT pregnant!! OMG I would DIE.
  #2390   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-18, 17:43

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Lori---Wow, on the pix of your river! Does have that angry look. So glad you guys are high and dry.

As for work, I'd be very surprised if they didn't say OK. Your management is either smart or they aren't. Smart knows it's not easy to find an employee like you. Owning my own store sure taught me that. Mature, trustworthy, good employees are as gold as what's in the till. Your sister is having surgery and she needs you, just that simple. Not like you're asking for time off to go to Key West during inventory. Ha. See the sorry Ms. Cruella D that Jaz had to teach that lesson to.

I love "busted can of biscuits." TOO perfect. Everything exploding out the middle, and I'm right w/you sister. Going to try to hop on the wagon with you.

Trigger---You crack me up!!! "Don't get me all riled up on the boat thing." hahahahahaha. Think you can do plenty of riling up w/the chop all by yourself if need be. BUT, I notice you've already found a solution---combo boat! Boyo, you're right though, anyone I know w/a boat bigger or fancier than a row boat w/a motor is constantly fixing it. My bro is on the 3rd at his cabin...and that's w/a whole lot of in-between maintenance and money.

Good news/silver lining here---I'm hearing hubby's energy is back, along with much more zest for life. I'm so glad that job isn't running him into the ground anymore---even if it does cost you a few bucks.

One other thing---I just have to say I continue to be so impressed w/your woe commitment. I read what you're eating every day and think, DANG, that gal has it goin' on! Bravo. I am friendly jealous.

Jaz---You also make me laugh. Loved "She's scared out of hello." Good. She knows what her file looks like. She was just bullying you. Lord, I hate bullies. But true to what many say, they can be deflated. For some it takes longer to happen than we'd like, but fact is bullies don't make real friends, and when you're out of friends, you're out of luck...eventually.

You sound so exhausted, and I don't like that for you. Good thoughts on how to you use your weekends now the you're back in school. One day for fun, family, whatever, and one day for school and when that's done, just for you. You are incredibly brave and inspirational in taking on school, and you've done so well with it. I say hang in there, keep going. You are in an industry where this degree will help you for plenty enough more years to make it worth it, imo.

I hear your discouragement on the woe. You are so good at it 98% of the time and you should have more rewards. I don't quite get it either. One thing I'll throw out right now, is that cortisol, the stress hormone, is not our friend when trying to lose weight. You've had a lot of stress going on w/the boss, work, and your family obligations. We love our kids, but sometimes it seems the giving never stops, and sometimes we don't have it to give. Glad you got your Garmin. Thinking that WILL give rewards and motivate towards more.

Nic--- Hope you're chillax to the max.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are in a social flurry lately, on top of everything else. I think every one we love was born in the summer. Today we had a b'day brunch out w/dear friend and this weekend is a big party for my SIL's b'day on Sat. night, and my birthday club on Sunday for brunch. TOO much eating out, although I love it. Did it for so long LC 98% of the time, but slipping too much lately.

Then last night I went to a networking happy hour party. Ugh. Usually I hate this kind of thing but luckily, a close pal runs it so I knew she'd be there. And it was actually kind of fun. Chatted w/some interesting people and did manage to collect one card from someone who might be interested in my services. As I have said to Jaz regarding men, gotta keep throwing that penny down in hopes of a heads up!

SIGH. I really need to find my LC self again. I'm not a disaster, and not anything like I used to eat. But not where I was for so long. And I gotta say, there is no doubt in my mind, LC is the absolutely the answer to me staying slimmer, whatever that means at certain times. I was happy to stay where I was for a long time, but this 4 to 5 REAL pounds up has me bugged. And it should. I know it's real weight, not just bounce or bloat. Like I said, I can feel it and I can see it. Can't hurt me type that out more times.
  #2391   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-18, 18:08

BF:
Progress:

Hey Nic---we cross posted, but it's good to have some later day company here, it's usually just Jaz and me.

I'm sorry you're feeling a bit blue and overwhelmed. (((((Nic))))) That's not like you, you're usually such a gutsy straight ahead gal who I admire for that. But we all have our challenging times with our moods.

Let me just say, you have A LOT going on. So dang sweet of you to step in and save the in-laws from spending big money. Like you said, you go for the big things. So there you got it---another big thing. But y'know, 50th b'days are big ones. I got a surprise party at a great restaurant on my 50th too, and I will NEVER forget it. It was so glorious---family and pals all around. Well worth it, but it seems we always have to climb the hill before we get the reward---as in all the time, effort and money to make an exquisite memory for someone.

Oh boy---7th hour physics. Bad timing. I say this as a one time teacher. 7th hour was the worst. Kids are just antsy by that time and ready to be done. Physics is tough. Is your son good at this kind of thing? That would help. Something I would suggest if it heads downhill fast, is getting him a tutor. In the old days, teachers would tutor during their free hours, probably not anymore. But teacher tutoring once brought me from a D in Algerbra to an A.
Nothing like one on one.

You are my book guru. Totally. I know this is corny, but I do believe you were destined to be in my book loving path. Going to check out "Bookbub." Or is it Bookhub? More on all this coming your way soon from me in an e all bursting with book stuff.

I am with you gal on that slippery woe slope. I too don't feel great, and I too know why, now that I understand the difference of living LC and not, which for most of my life I didn't. What are you thinking about doing about it? I'm doing more thinking about what I should do about it than doing it. But I am hoping that we can share plans w/each other, AND SHARE that we absolutely don't want to go back to where we were.
  #2392   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-18, 05:07

BF:

Lori, don't worry on work, they will work with you I am sure Surgery and family are big things so you will get the time you need.

busted can of biscuits LOL that is just too funny and I can 'see that' in my mind, that roll of dough popping out of the can when ya sledgehammer it against the counter --heehee
But boy, no one wants to be feeling like that

Nicco you sound loaded. Too much coming onto your plate. You sound physically and mentally tired, bad combo so you are going to have to find a chillax way and take advantage of it.

When I hit that tired and worn down feeling form being overloaded, nothing becomes a true priority for me. Kinda like you have so many juggling balls in the air all have to be handled at the same time, no time to concentrate on ONE thing. And our food MUST be a true priority concentration item in our life. When we take that concentration off our eating plan we just graze thru it all and find ourselves in a crappy situation and then, of course, we feel worse about not sticking to our plans LOL the monster vicious horrible big cycle of BS!
Hope you find yourself some chill time for you Nicco. You need it but I know things like the DH party and all will make you happy to put a smile on his face, but it is always tough to set things up by yourself and have to handle it all fast. I do hope you find a slow down time!!

Crazy on that DS schedule. miss 2-3 classes a week on Physics, yikes, a tutor might be needed to help keep up with that big old subject coming his way and that is a great way to deal with it!!

Blue, a party again for you? You social butterfly and hey, a contact maybe...cool beans!!

I think that is what ticks me SO off about ANY eating plan in a way, it is unforgiving when we do go off and eat a little of this or that, the lbs. come off SO darn slow and hard and they GO ON at warp friggin' speed. It always confirms to me that one MUST eat very close to how they lost the weight and not stray to hold off any gaining back. It is SO simple yet just SO darn hard to put into a long term lifestyle if we have to force that eating lifestyle on us sometimes.

We get tired, blue, moody, just so darn busy and frazzled and other outside influences in life that we take that total focus off our eating plan, and when we do!!...boy you know what does happen.

My problem now is I can't get into losing mode....that means I MUST CUT calories and I can't or---lets just say I won't---and the food I listed, I should revise in my post the next day cause you can add I ate 6 buffalo chicken wings also and I had 3 slices of salami and a few small chunks of this great new garden cheddar cheese block I love! ALL THOSE extra kcals killed me. I didn't gain but I do not lose. Don't lose one bit unless I cut back kcals. I am wrapping my head around a big step back into weight loss mode again. Won't be pretty when I do it either LOL you guys are gonna hear me complaining a lot I think on the thread but I know where I need to be and like you said, knowing and doing are way 2 different things, so I have to put the DO plan into action. It is a hoot trying to survive in the world of food out there, a hoot that can be a PIA real fast as you know!!

HI ALL

off to mom's today.
out to eat at IHOB, opps, IHOP, they did not give up that P for a B....(ok funny commercials and very smart advertising program if ya ask me on that one LOL)......anyway, OH MY GOSH back to eating out! SO SO sick of it. But mom wants pancakes and get out of the house time so I will order a burger and eat it off the bun as usual, send the fries home with her as she loves leftovers...me, bleck on heating up those fries later, but she likes it so, hey, whatever floats your boat on that one
I never liked a reheated fry!

Hubby and kiddo coming...just to make an all over family visit cause it will be hard to get up there again before we leave on the Aug 10 trip to the beach.

for me on lbs---I have to lose the quit smoking lbs I put on very very fast. I can't get into my MAIN clothes at all. So tight I just can't wear them but what gets me is I can live in stretchy shorts and bathing suits all summer but then come time to change into pants down the line, yikes So my mind is wrapping around going back into strict weight loss mode and for me that is a super calorie cutting event. I can eat tons of ZC foods and never ever gain, but I NEVER lost lbs in that way of eating. A fab maintenance plan for sure, but to drop lbs I have to give up kcals for sure. So I am re-evaluating what I am going to do also and I am going to do it sooner than later now and get started. Just wrapping my brain around getting out my little kitchen scale again and weighing portion sizes to keep kcals in check with my meats.

So I am right there having to focus on a 'lose weight mode' situation and it stinks, but it is what it is and it is what I need to tackle cause I want to get back into my clothes!!

I tell ya guys none of this crap is ever easy. YOU THINK it will be but it is not and never will be. It is 100% about eating on plan all the time to keep off the lbs, and again, every maintainer of big lbs lost has wrote in posts that they eat the same way they lost the lbs. They don't change it up cause when they do the lbs start to creep back on. 3 here. 2 more there. a big binge and 5-6 go on....then back to 2. 2 again. Read that and it is about 14-15 lbs I just wrote and that is how stupid fast the lbs go back on for ALL of us.

I am starting to look at my eating as a prescription med. problem. As a true and honest disease!
People need 1 or 2 heart meds to survive thru a day and be healthier. I need to stick to an eating plan like glue to be healthier and where I want to be in life and feel the way I want to feel.
Some can pop some pills to make that all work, I can't. Wish there was the magic pill but there is not! So for me my daily prescription is 'eat this' and you are doing exactly what is needed to be healthier, happier and more in control of my life.

So yea, I am gonna do it. Tightly controlled specific eating. Here I go again

off to get everyone moving, leaving in about 2 hrs and kiddo needs up to 'get awake' before leaving...omgosh you can't push this kid to move move move straight out of bed HAHA

great day all
  #2393   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-18, 05:48

BF:

Good Morning!

Hallelujah! The rain has stopped! The river seems to be going down and our sump pump is not running as often as it did yesterday. All the rain has put a damper on any golf plans for the coming weekend and into next week. Bummer.

Sounds like we all are ready to tighten up our eating and shift some pounds. I have no delusions about why I have this roll around my middle. Too much "I don't give a damn" eating. I've been eating my favorite LC foods but then allowing treats too....not a good combo. When I'm at my sister's it's a real challenge as she always has snack foods around. I seem to have zero willpower when she and I are together. I am determined to NOT let that be the case when I got back for a week in September. I need to be feeling thin and trim when we set out on our European cruise in October. I can already predict that I'll be back in weight loss mode big time when we get home from that adventure!

I had a good eating day yesterday and have a good plan in place for today. I have to make a run to the grocery store this morning and then I have to be to work at 4:45 this afternoon. After that I don't work again until next Wednesday. All that time off and the golf course is under water....ARGHHHH!! I will use the time to get my butt back to the gym and back out running. Gotta move!

Ok...enough of me. Make it a good day!
  #2394   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-18, 08:05

BF:

Jaz- you've gone a bit quiet. Guessing you are overwhelmed with work and with school assignments. Hoping miss M has steered clear of you.

Blue- sounds like you've got a lot on your plate with celebrations and gatherings and such! Glad you picked up someone's card though. Hopefully something will come of it.

Yup, it is bookBub. Not hub. Handy little tempting newsletter each day with a listing of books, and also Amazon will send one daily with their Daily Deals.

Trig- So for you it will be a trimming of calories. I tell ya, we all have to deal with things in our own way. I fight to stay on track, you stay on track beautifully but have to deal with portion sizes or calories. It's always something!

Hope you enjoy our iHop visit and the food is decent.

Lori- YAY for the rain stopping. We have broken a 129 year old record for July in our area.. get this: we have had 13 INCHES of rain in JULY and that doesn't even count yesterday's rainfall. I think we might be getting a break today.

Sounds like we are all battling trying to stay on track. It is especially hard with trips and vacations!

••••••••••

Feeling a little better today. It isn't raining for the first time in almost a week so that is nice!

I think I've had a combination of things going on- Definitely the bad food choices and not staying on track. Hormones are messed up a bit. Not being able to take walks because I am trying to save my feet for Canada and they are finally feeling good. Rain and clouds and more rain. And yes, feeling VERY overwhelmed by the upcoming wedding and all that will entail. Pressure is now on with just over a month until go-time. So many guests coming in and expectations are high in general for mother of the bride, who does not know what the hell she is doing! Add in the beginning of school the same day as guests start arriving and ACK!!

I really need to just scale down to trying to take things a day at a time and not look too far ahead, but also look far ahead enough to know what I need to be doing! I will try to employ my SIL to help as much as possible since she and my brother and their kids will be staying here (9 and 7), along with DS19 and DD22 and DS16 will all be here as well. Plus my Dad and stepmom and my Mom and her (different engaged) beau Gene will be at the same hotel just down the road. OMG!!

BREATHE!!!

I'm taking myself to a movie today. My treat to me. Also just canceled plans with friends tonight and just slowing it down and taking it easy.
  #2395   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-18, 17:17

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trigger---Totally get you on the calories thing. At some point it matters. Best I ever did on this woe was when I was tracking BOTH NCs and cals every day on that site the does that, can't remember the name. At first I was into it, then grew to dislike it. But boy, did it work. No kidding yourself. If I didn't know a count, I looked it up and put it down correctly. Gave myself a limit on both cals and NCs and knew exactly when I'd gone past them, and more importantly, by how much.

I didn't starve myself on the cals at all. Tried for 1600 a day, and if I went a bit over, didn't seem to matter. Think I also used 30 NCs. Again, doable for me. I'm thinking I may need to go back to that for awhile. I simply need to make a START on getting better on the woe. Period. I picture myself sliding down my increasingly larger middle---I mean, who needs a hill. Need to stop the slide and get back to my new low, which was again, pretty reasonable to maintain.

But hey girl, just have to say again. BRAVO on quitting smoking. Those extra pounds are a PIA, but you CAN lose them. Maybe like you said, just concentrate on losing all the smoking pounds right now and when you get there, see where else you want to go. Maybe start with very reasonable calorie limits and slowly winnow down as you adjust. If you can cut even 200 calories out a day, it makes a difference. Maybe a slow one, but one that gets you going and gets you used to eating less.

I know you well enough to know you do not do well on anything that stinks of a diet. Me too. But SLOWLY cutting calories doesn't have to feel like a diet. After all, you have learned so well to say no to the carbs. No to a couple of hundred calories---you can do it!

Nic---Yeah, like I said, you have one big plate full. Weddings are just the best things, but like every other dad burn thing, you work first, then you finally get to play, and it's all worth it. I think as the wedding draws nearer and more and more is done, your excitement will begin to outbalance the stress. Very glad you have helpers you can count on.

Ha, personally I can't wait for the wedding and the pix and you telling us all about it. Easy for me to say, but I will hold the excitement for you till you're ready to step in and leave the stress part behind.

Oh, and wait---did I read correctly that your mom already has a new beau she's bringing to the wedding? Or is it the now x-fiance who has been demoted to beau? Wow, if she's got a new one already, she's a smooth operator, at least when it comes to hooking 'em.

Glad you took yourself to a movie today. Great escapes are fab for stress control. What did you see?

Lori---Just have to say again, how beautiful your old home is. I wish you could lead us on a virtual tour thru the inside, which I bet is charming as heck. Our home is a mere 100 years old, but still, they sure built differently in those days, mostly in good ways. Our house is solid as a rock, all the wood is solid wood, as in generous and beautiful window trim and moldings, and doors, which makes a huge difference. In our house if you close a door to a room, you don't hear much outside it. Lovely if you've ever had a teenager. Yeah, things like plumbing and electric are going to need attention over the years, but I will miss the solidity of this house.

Jaz---Missing you being here w/all your daily news, scoops and funny tales, but I'm thinking you're doing what you must do and making school a priority and ALSO, getting some rest for yourself. Sometimes we all have to duck out for a bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems one day I'm on, the next I'm off. Goes for both woe and work and house mojo. Didn't get done what I promised myself I would today. But will try again tomorrow. I am putting off the stuff I hate most. Must kick my butt and remind myself if I just START doing the hated thing, I WILL finish it. The motivation is in the process. Always. I know this dang well. It is the basis of the brilliant "Nike" brand. "Just do it."

We're a bit worried about our beloved dogger. She is going on 14, but as a smaller dog, that doesn't have to mean the end is near. Our last cockapoo made it to almost 18, w/only the last 6 months of her life being greatly effected
by her age.

Our gal seems to have quickly fallen off a cliff. We've had her to the vet. Blood tests all fine, everything fine, but vet thinks she may have spinal issues, as in possibly an "old age sprain." Told us how to help her baby it, and we have been pretty religious about that. She HAS been better.

Still, where she used to LOVE to walk for blocks and blocks, now she only goes so far and then sits down, and hubby or I have to carry her the rest of the way. True, more blocks lately than when this first started to happen. Sill, it makes me sad. Also, she has developed a voracious appetite. Will eat things she wouldn't touch before. Vet is confounded on this. And none of this has been gradual at all, but has transpired seemingly over night.

SIGH. Our beloved pets talk to us in so many ways, but they can't tell us in words we can understand what's going on precisely enough to know exactly what to do about it. It's all guess work, even on the vet's part.

As for the woe---I told Trigger what I'm thinking. I may have to go back to charting to get where I need to be. Mulling this. So many things to do right now, and yet don't want to gain one more freaking pound, and need to lose the 4 to 5 I've gained. Do not want to accept a new "high/low."

Need mojo in so many places! Struggling with where to assign the mojo/energy I've got, and do whatever it takes to grow it.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Jul-26-18 at 18:18.
  #2396   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-18, 19:20

BF:

Oh dear god....I am thinking what is up- Posted and spent and hour and fifteen minutes this morning - hit send and hit the shower I did personals each of you.
So I sorta looked and hear I am cricket.....ummmmmm NO!!!!! - my post is not here...... I did post and spent a good hour and more. DANG DANG DANG......... GRHHHHHHHHHHHH

I SAW it post...... no explanation........ So I did post to each---- Garmin issues tonight.... Will try again tomorrow. Dang such a thoughtful post too! What a ....... urghhhhhh

Ok- well......read today.... so much to post from today..... See you in am!
Swamped - more info tomorrow. mason phone for 2 hours trying to set up my Garmin- defunt- tired-

Just one thing I am going to hit on big- our WOE.. Today I was stuck in meeting 9-5 catered food - alll Mexican...... day sucked!!!!!!
Was told it could be salad- no- all shit food. Did best- but got the taste then went back for SECONDS!!!!!! Dear god STOP train!!!!!

More to come

JAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ NEEDS TO DO BETTER

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Jul-27-18 at 03:49.
  #2397   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-18, 04:49

BF:

Ladies!!!!!! Good Morning-
Yup- my post from yesterday morning is just flat not there. Well- TGIF- Oh boy- just 8 hours= MY TIME!!!!!!

So I spent FOREVER trying to get my new Garmin up and running. I finally called customer service. After over an hour or morning trying to set- reset- it flat didn't work. The guy I was speaking with - said it much be a defected watch. So he is sending me a new on- plus a step up. Now I am getting the "sport". That should arrive very soon.

NIC- TAKE A HUGE breath.. Mother of the BRIDE!!!!! So yes what a time. When my DD got married 5 years ago- I remember all that stress. I think what helped was remembering- it is about your DD!!!!! At the end of the day it is all about her.
Yes she will need you to "do, coordinate, entertain, all the STUFF that comes with the wedding. She will also look to pull it together because if she is like my DD she will FREAK OUT. But guess what.
At the end of the day- it will be beautiful! And YOU WILL look back on everything and be glad you were able to do what you are doing. Yes tons of LITTLE details. This is YOUR ELEMENT!!! This is what you do best! You are a detail person.
Your princess will have her day! Good for you! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
But oh do I remember the angst! So being very OLD SCHOOL- I wrote everything done in a TO DO list- and crossed off tasks when I was done.
I agree- sounds like we are ALL STRUGGLING-
About your hormones- those are no joke! - I think that the older you get- the more they play a role in weight, and emotional stability. I was a MESS the few months before the hyster! Then comes the regulation. You will get through this too!

Blue- Goodness- I so hear ya on the weight issues! I also hear ya on where to put your energy. We only have so much before we hit that wall! So When I lost the weight first time- I TOO HAD to count BOTH carbs and calories! I kept my calories around 1300-1500 tops and my carbs under 20-30 total. It worked. I was also running everyday- or working out in some fashion.
I think we all need a jump start- more on that below.
Your MOJO- that is a tough one as you know what you NEED to do. But the big picture can be overwhelming. So again I am so old school. Take out a PEN AND PAPER and start with a FRESH notepad and write down what you want and need to do. Then start at the top- and go. Sounds easy huh.
Well, it's not- but it does work. Just focus on that ONE task. Sometimes we do things even though the heart is not in it. After awhile though - the heart does come around. I know you can do this.

TRIG- I am SO VERY PROUD of you for not smoking. It is hard to quit. You WILL get those smoking pounds off. Your heart and your lungs are thanking you. NO regrets- you did what you needed to do in your journey! So now you just need to pick yourself up and regroup. Sounds like we all do! Lets do this together.

The boat- HAHAHAHAHAH- You already have an idea of what you want. TO DAM funny. When do the kiddo go back to school? Is she ready? What grade will she be in?

Lori- I love the house pic! So glad all is good- and no water issues! Water can be so damaging..........
Thanks for sharing your pics!!!!!!!
You have a beautiful place! YAY on some time off!!!!!
--------------------------------------------
Well- I am going to address ALL OF US!!!!!!!
I am waiting for my new Garmin watch- to TELL ME TO MOVE!!! HAHAHAHAHAH
--------------------------------------
Ok- In all seriousness though. I have read and re-read and hear loud and clear the frustration we all have. Trig- you are so right- those pounds and up QUICK AND FAST!!!!! OMG do they! So frustrating that it literally for ME can go on OVERNIGHT- and takes WEEKS to get one stinking pound off.

OK- ALL that said- I TOTALLY know everything you all are writing is right on the mark. At some point to get in LOSING mode- FOR ME I have to count both Calories and Carbs. SO when I lost all my weight- I was able to MAINTAIN with just carb counting for 6 years actually.
BUT fast forward- put 50 pounds back on. I know I need to count both and am going to do just that. TIME to stop the runaway train.
I will tell you that yesterday was off the chain for me. I should have brought my lunch in- but didn't. So I just had what everyone else had. I am not going to describe it other to say it was Mexican - and I said F- it. I am feeling it did not stop until I went to bed. I am a TRUE BLUE CARB ADDICT- I can BINGE like it's my last meal!

I NEED to STOP this train- effective TODAY. Do I do that often no. But I think that even though I eat clean 99%- I eat TO MUCH. I Must accept that I need to start counting both the calories and the carbs. I also need to move. I want it more than I want to stay fat.
I need my health back. This weight is not healthy- and it doesn't FEEL GOOD.
I am fully knowing that the first week we get "carb" flu"- and the gut is screaming for MORE!!!!!!
I could wait until Monday- but I am starting TODAY. It could always be tomorrow, and the next day and so on. It starts now.
As if I have never done this before.

So to do what I did last night with the Garmin guy- I need to do in my real life.
UNINSTALL- pull everything out- and reinstall a different mindset and plan. Because this is no longer working for me. I AM going to work a NEW PLAN.
I am going fast this morning- have tuna for lunch and do what I call a DEEP dive into what I think will be a real workable plan for me. I will be back to post it tonight. It must be workable.

But I am going to get these pounds off. I am going to just focus on 10 pounds for RIGHT NOW- That is it. Take it in blocks. One at a time. focus just on TODAY- JUST TODAY!!! I need to know that I can have it if I want it but I am CHOOSING to not.

Ok- who is with me? REBOOT??????
  #2398   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-18, 05:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz....I am with you girl.....total reboot! I have had 2 good days with my eating and now just have to get back in the gym/running groove. I planned on the gym today, but I have a pounding headache due to not enough sleep.

Speaking of not enough sleep....the reason for that has been dealt with. I worked last night and it was my LAST shift. I was not on the schedule until next week and I decided that I am done. It was making me sad and I don't need it. I simply cannot face another holiday season in retail. Ugh. They were going to give me a hassle about taking off to be with my sister in September, so I am saying bye bye now. I am SO happy!! Since I will not have that little bit of extra $$ coming in, I have cancelled all my clothing subscription boxes etc. My closet is bursting at the seams as it is, but it was fun getting new clothes in the mail! So this is the last post you will see from me where I am whining about having to go to work! YAY!!

Thanks for your comments on our house. As I have said before, it is a very simple brick farmhouse and is far from fancy inside, but we love it mostly for the family history it holds.

Today I'll run a few errands and may make it to the gym. I really feel like a nap would do me more good! Tomorrow I'm going to a different golf course with a group of ladies from my club. Our course is still submerged, so we have to travel if we want to play. I have to be up and out the door by 6AM tomorrow! Yikes!

Ok ladies.....have a fabulous day!
  #2399   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-18, 06:46

BF:

Nicco you are SO right. It IS always something and I tell ya the thought of 'strict control' again is just so annoying and so un-interesting that I swear it seems SO much harder this time to get back into a weight loss mode situation.

I guess this is where we all start to fight again for control, that control WE HAD but let loose and now we are flailing around as we did before. I guess it is truly time to get on board and say it MUST be weight loss mode eating again to drop any lbs we want off....there is just no other way to do it in my eyes. If ya got another way, you gotta tell me LOL

I hope movie day for you was relaxing and your in a better place, less stressed up

Blue, yea we know what must be done. WE DID it before and now we have to commit again. THAT commit is so darn hard again tho, it is like my mind says, are ya kidding me I have to do it that way again?!!! But yes, it is what it is and we all know what it takes for each of us, yet we are floundering around and pretending and excusing, yet we know, and after all of that I listed we will all do the right thing for each of us but hey, we get to moan and rant and vent about it before we jump on the weight loss mode plan again! I least I need to rant about it HAHA

Jaz you and me are eating near zero carb but we are eating too darn much. That is my problem for sure. It is time to get the OLD brain back on track and get off the train that is going to run us down and cream us into mush again No runover train for this old gal, yet I am darn near right there in thinking about having to 'make weight loss mode' eating effect and stict to it.

Like Blue I am getting out my tracker, my kitchen scale, checking my cheese weights I use and making sure my steak is ONLY 6 oz and not 16 HAHA

It is kcals and carbs for me. I know it, must do what it takes to make it all work again for me.

Let's do it and rock this out!!

I am right there with ya on REBOOT!

Lori, ya quit Dick's store? I missed that. WOW, but you always said when it interfered with your life, when it made ya wonky you would do just that....wow and ya did it COOL and when winter hit again and you become bored you can go find another store since ya got great experience you can get hired on the spot, work a bit til it suits you and quit again!! Hey it works ya know
Loved your home pic....my kind of house. We drive a lot for rv'ing and a home like that, so historical and cool looking, I would point that out to hubby and say, WOW look at that cool old home, it is fab! Think of all that history happening there thru the centuries

Hey all
REBOOT like Jaz said for me.
Weighing my food on my little 'I hate this damn thing' kitchen food scale! freaking grams!!!!!! I like ounce mode better HAHA

Eating a TON more seafood. I can have MORE for my limited kcals so yea, I am freaking going in that direction for sure LOL

Getting out measuring cup for amt of alfredo sauce etc. 1/4 cup and that is it.

Trimming fatfrom steaks and taking chicken skin off chicken etc. It is now ALL about kcals at this point also for true weight loss mode for me so I am going there and doing the PIA thing I have to do. AND YES I AM GOING TO F'ING MOAN ABOUT IT ALL AND VENT -----HA HAHA and you all get to hear it LOL

hubby checking out boat later in afternoon.
it is a 'eh maybe' type thing.

whatever on the darn boat, I don't care, don't want to even put it in my 'have to think about the darn thing' section of my brain.....whatever suits me fine on it cause I find I truly have 0 interest in it. He can get what the heck he wants! HAHA

sunny and nice today. 88
but morning was stinking chilly out there, I DO not like that

working with pool
gonna float and relax
float and think how I CAN not eat a lot of food and be ticked about just that LOL
and goof off thru today and put my mind into weight loss mode and go for it hook line and sinker and commit---ugh but cool tho in a way. I got it in me, I am doing it and changing the brain around to make it all happen and work for me!!!

ok gotta do some junk...work is never done for us if ya own a home LOL and have people who crap it up and expect it to be cleaned for them

great day all
  #2400   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-18, 08:17

BF:

I'm joining the applaud Trigger bandwagon for stopping smoking. That is HARD to do and many people can't do it. We are all proud of you. Did your DD comment about you smoking when you were or that you have stopped? My Dad smoked and we were desperate for him to stop when we were young, and he did, for us.

Laughing over you saying "whatever" on the boat. We'll see if it stays that way or not. Maybe he just wore you down!

Blue- hugs to you re: your beloved Dogger. I know that hurts your heart. Hopefully even though she is struggling a bit, she will turn a corner or at least hold steady.

You have made tremendous progress on the house and move.. some days the mojo won't be there but then it will come again. Grace, Hon.

Jaz- Bummer on the Garmin. Glad they are being so responsive though and sending you a new one. I hope you love it!

How was your BOSS during the meeting? Sorry about the food slip but put it behind you and move on. Many times adds up but yours are so rare that I can't imagine it will cause more than momentary damage. Fingers crossed!

And I'm taking your advice and making a list. I am just not sure, RE: the wedding, what is even SUPPOSED to be on the list!

Lori- So you are free from the job!! Like, effectively immediately? I bet that feels like a nice load off. I bet you get restless after a couple of months though!

••••

Thanks for everyone for being patient with my big fat freak out yesterday. I ended up having a pretty darn good day. I went to see "Three Identical Strangers" which is a documentary. It was very interesting but not exactly uplifting. I am a sucker for a good documentary though. Before that I treated myself to a braised lamb shank from the Lebanese Taverna. It was so good. Skipped the rice and bread. Walked past my beloved French bakery and was proud of me because it is almost an hour away one way so I knew it would be a long while before I walked past it again!

THEN I got a text from my MIL that the ILs will be staying with my SIL and BIL instead of with us. OMG, such a sigh of relief. To not have to figure out what to do with DH before the surprise dinner, to not have to host them over night. I texted a grateful missive to my SIL and told her I owe her big time. That relieved a lot of the immediate stress.

Also got an email yesterday saying to pick up DS16 a day early because of water/flooding of the cabin. Luckily we had the ability to do that! If we had been out of town this week instead of last that would have been an issue. So I made the drive out (in horrible traffic!) to get him and bring him back. He's here until Sunday evening.

We are having an electricity cycling day today- they are cutting our power 50%. Luckily it is only supposed to be about 88. I am surprised they are doing it today- there were days last month where it was 100 degrees and they didn't do it then, which really shocked me. I went ahead and did DS16's laundry last night so that is all done and I shouldn't have to use much electricity today. We sign up for this program and whatever we didn't use translates into savings off our electric bill. Usually a good 25 bucks off for each day it happens, which is cool.

Going to get the ends trimmed today off my hair so that it can grow out before the wedding, and also take my dress by to see if it needs alteration. I will also probably go ahead and apply home color soon so it can fade out a bit.

So my mom- she is now engaged to the guy that has been around for 8 years, that was here for Christmas. At least he is a known entity but I don't really get it bc on her end at least it has been clearly platonic. But what do I know? I just don't have the time or energy for her drama. My brother did make her a neurologist appointment for mid August and hopefully she will keep it. Moving on.

Okay so also today- charting all the flights in and out for the wedding and also making sure lodging is secured for the wedding. Making notes of lodging for the trip, air and car rental- all in one place so I won't have to think about it again. All those things will quell my nerves! Good idea, Jaz.
Closed Thread