Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2326   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-18, 07:36

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- I want to see Bolt in his life jacket! Have a great and fun trip! The Lost Sea sounds amazing.

Lori- Glad you are back! Sorry your second day of golf got rained out, but now you have a little down time in what sounds like will be a busy week.

Blue- I know what you are saying about seeing how lovely and fresh and new things look. I remember my Dad making all kinds of changes to the house when it was going up for sale and how much better and brighter it looked. I've tried to vow not to do the same thing but I'm not sure how successful I've been!

Glad your wrist is feeling better!

Jaz- how's the new washer and dryer? Do you love them?

••••••••

Dinner out with the hubby for his bday was great. Food was absolutely delicious and he loved his presents. Was not sad at all to have his bday without any kids around. We are slowly starting to make the adjustment and realize that it will be good fun with them and without them!

DH was elected by me to go and pick up DS16 from camp yesterday. Six hours round trip. I've always done it and it finally occurred to me to question that. lol DD23 ended up coming over around noon and staying until well after dinner, maybe 8 PM? lol It was good though. She and DS16 enjoyed time together, singing and playing the piano, and then the whole family was in the pool for a while. It was actually a lovely day. DS16 stayed up super late last night (this morning) and had me wake him at 8:30 so he could have more time before he heads off the camp this afternoon around 2. He was, as we call it, a "back home baller" with treats in the pantry and much fawning, since he is headed back out. He is experiencing what the college kids experienced. I still do it with DD23 though, she left with a couple of bags of odds and ends to take home- some leftovers, some chicken to cook up over the week that I got from Costco etc.

Hugs to all! Looking forward to a drop in temps coming our way.
Sponsored Links
  #2327   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-18, 08:47

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

WOW - yesterday was quite on here! Wow! And TRIG is off again on her next adventure!

Blue- Your house sounds wonderful. I know that the good news it it will sell FAST. The bad news, it will sell FAST. I think by the time you get to that place to put out the sign- you will want the process over and onto your next chapter. I was wondering if you could be moved BEFORE you sell? It might make it easier.

I am glad that your wrist is healing fast! I was worried about that!

NIC- How are you spending your days off from kids! When does the boy come home?Are you spending anytime in your pool? I haven't heard you talk about your back yard as much this year as you did next year?
Have you booked your flight to Charleston? Just wondering if you gals have book that part yet?

Lori- are you working these days? You either have adjusted or you are off for a bit! Either way is good! Good luck on the course today! I Love to hear about your sports! I really do! Very inspiring!
------------------------------------------
The dogger is curled up at my feet snoring, and I am still in Pajamas. It is a slow start to my day. Yesterday was somewhat of a cluster F. If you catch my drift. So I ended up using up my time over this guy- when I should have been doing other things.

So the washer and dryer came. I am sending the washer back. I HATE it. It has a water sensor on it and it does not have option to turn it off. Half the clothes were still dry- and the water does not even cover the clothes. I had to wash them twice! I am very disappointed. I can see using that function if you wanted- but I want the option to NOT and want a full load of water. So I will be looking at what I have to do to have it picked up and go through the process of picking something else.

Back to the guy- so he was the guy who delivered the washer. Anyway we got to talking and, and talking, and talking. Anyway, he said I just can't believe a beautiful woman like you is single. He said I am just a delivery guy- but I am hard working. He said I would love to get to know you better can I buy you a glass of wine tonight? So I said yes. I don't care what a guy does for a living as long as they are working an honest living.

So I gave the guy my number- and said I would meet him, but I told him I had things to do and it had to be early. Will he called me in the afternoon and we talked some more. He gave me the impression he was almost done. This was about 3. He told me he would call me when he was on his way home to shower. I was good with that. I polished my nails, gave myself a pedicure. Did my eyebrows, curled my hair and did my make up. 5 comes and goes. I texted him no answer. Then I called him no answer. So 6 comes and goes- fuck it- by this time I am HUNGERY because I eat once a day. So there is a new BBQ joint I have wanted to try not far from me. So I take myself out to dinner.
So I get ribs and green beans. It came with a side, and a small glass of wine. It was just ok- no meat on the ribs. Anyway I am now walking around a park that was across the street- It was a very nice evening. But now I am pisst- at wasting my day over a guy I really don't know right?!?!- Anyway, I get a call about 7:45. It was him. He informed me he was on his way home to shower then he would meet me for dinner.
Well first of all I didn't know he lives over an hour away. so that met an hour to his house- shower and and hour back. He was thinking 9 or 10 for dinner.

I told him I had already had dinner and was heading home. He then proceeds to say "yes I can tell you like to eat"- EXCUSSSSSEEEEE ME??????? What the f did you say? I ask he what he met by that. He said - oh don't get offended I love me a THICK woman! OMG- He really said that.
It is not stuck in my head- THICK WOMAN. -
I responded that I was headed home- and no he could not come over to my house instead.

Well he texted/ and called me this morning. I gave him a polite text that I am just not interested and thanks anyway.
What I heard is THICK WOMAN. I know that he thought that was a compliment. It was not.
Anyway- my eyebrows are done and my toes are polished. I really do not have time right now for another distraction with school right now! So I am not all that disappointed. But the killer word THICK is in my head.

If anything that word has made me more determine than ever to get to my goal weight. I need to up my steps- moving more is key for me!

I have ribs in my crock pot- and I am going to make up some hamburger soup for this week. I have been eating out too much. I also have some chicken I am going to toss on the grill and then cut up and put into baggies. Week prep!

AVA- update, she is going to see a surgeon Tue to get evaluated for eye surgery. She has a lazy eye. So DD took her to a doctor. Well it's more than a lazy eye. They are concerned about the nerve getting smooched. So they need to correct it. They are looking at 2 days post op- in the hospital. They ask me to come and help with the 2 year old! Plus they just need some help.

I told M last week I was going to take two days off in early Aug. for her surgery. She told me she could not approve it. She said it was a bad time. I told her I was taking it anyway- she then proceeded to tell me it would be unexcused. Well I will hear Tue. What the dates are going to be. Then I am writing a letter to both her and her boss. She has been informed 2 weeks in advanced- and it is planned. I think she is pulling a power play- and I am done with her. I am going over her head.

I am just in that kind of mood. I will be polite- but I will again request off and include her boss this time on the request. I have been looking BTW- for another position within the same company. the issue is school. If I leave the company I owe them a refund for school to the tune of 15,000. So I am sorta stuck for a minute. I flat out ask her if she was staying in position when our office moves. She said yes, why do you ask. I responded that she appeared happy we were moving. To which she replied she was given permission to work half days from home. SERIOUSLY????

When the rest of us have to travel 1-2 hours EACH way????? WOW- that will go over like a lead ballon. to which she said- ok, so we will just hire all new staff. Fluffed her hair and dismissed me from her office. Speechless. I have no words- well I do- but I will refrained for fear of getting tossed from here! -

Ok- I totally wanted to write an upbeat happy note this morning. But I sit down to write and all this just came tumbling out!

So........anyway....off to look at school stuff
  #2328   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-18, 08:50

BF:

NIC- we were cross posting!
So glad your hubby's Birthday went well!!!!! You answered my question about the family and the DS16. So cool you were able to play in your back yard pool!
  #2329   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-18, 10:04

BF:

Jaz, I just do not get what the scale says and what this moron said about you being thick. It simply does not jibe with what I see in the photos you share. I think you look great. If you are thick then I am thick too.. who knows, maybe I am. But if so, then F it.

Girl, do not let others define how you think about yourself.

Ok, now on to the washer. You might want to take a peek at Speed Queen. Here are some sales outlets in your area: https://speedqueen.com/products/whe...luth,%20georgia

I like that I can set the length of wash, the water level etc. It is a very old school washer (mine is) that I did purposely- almost no parts to break. No digital, no motherboard, no computer. But it is perfect for me. Like, after the pool I threw all the swimsuits in for a rinse/spin only, on a mini load water level. Done in ten minutes. This morning I threw in some new t-shirts I have bought for the boy- mini level, short wash- 20 minutes. Done.

I know you are disappointed though. That stinks that you have to return it.

I am really glad you are going to go and help with Ava. Good on you for sticking up for yourself!
  #2330   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-18, 13:36

BF:

Thanks NIC for the washer info I will check it out!

Have an awesome day!
  #2331   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-18, 13:38

BF:

BTW- went know that TRIG - CAN not only send pic's but post during her RV time. TRIG- did you remember the rum/ Vodka? LOLOLOLOL-

I say we get her liquored up in Charleston so we can she shares the family pic's-
  #2332   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-18, 18:33

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Jaz---what a charmer that guy is huh?! Speaking of "thick" I can't think of a better word to describe him without even seeing him. You have to be pretty dense to throw out lines like that. Not to mention he's WRONG, you're not thick and I totally say ditto to what Nic said regarding this. And what up with the 9pm dinner w/no warning or texts? Had something else on his mind. What a loser.

Will say this---you sure have no problem attracting guys, they like you, they really do. Now it just has to be the right one.

Oh, and that boss of yours! Who the hell says no to a grandmother who needs two days off to help her children when their child is going thru surgery?!? Honestly, I've seen some crappy mean bosses, but not one that would say no to this. I totally support your plan to write her and cc her boss. I know you'll find the polite enough words, but I hope you tell her---knowing her boss will be reading it---about little Ava and her struggles, briefly of course, and how important family is to you, and supporting your own kid at a time like this, etc, etc, etc.

And, if you think you can get away with it, something to the effect that you simply must be there for them, hence you won't be there for those days, and you just know when she thinks about it, she'll understand. Gads, I want to write it myself I'm so PO'd about this.

I think M is our thread's Ms. Cruella D for now. LOL, every thread should have one, someone you love to dislike. However, no fun for it to be your boss.

Oh, and sorry about the washer. Ugh. What a hassle, but worth it to get what you want. I'm w/Nic on this. No bells and whistles to break down please, just a good old sturdy washing machine that gets the job done---w/the water level you CHOOSE of course, which is even on our old standard model.

Lori---Sorry you lost the golf match this time, but man, that is one hard game. IMO, you have to really love it for what it is and leave it at that on bad days. Even the best at it have really crappy days. Has always seemed to me to be as much a game of chance, as skill. Ha. watched my dad and brother lament and love it all my life.

Nic---Hey, good thinking on having hubby pick up the kid for a change. I think sometimes when you're the "stay at home spouse" its easy to under value how much you do, and man, having gotten a gander at your schedule, you do A LOT, girl!

Love that you and your hubby are finding fun just the two of you. It all starts that way of course, and one can find it again. So much so that when they move back in, as so many kids who have left home do these days, you are loving them always of course, but BUMMED.

Really funny cable commercial out in our area on that right now. Adult kid moves back home, living in the basement. Begins w/mom and dad in the kitchen. Mom: "He's back" Dad: He's back" HUGE SIGHS. Then the deal from cable to keep their son downstairs more of the time. Then last scene, son in basement playing his guitar. Yells up to the kitchen "Hey you two, I think you should know that in some cultures the male child lives with his parents till way past 40!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to a concert w/hubby this afternoon. Married pals of ours who sing, write, and perform. Kind of folk stuff, but not, just really their own thing. It was SO GOOD. They are tremendous song writers, and I felt at the end like they had been telling me stories set to music.

Not a great day on the woe, as lunch was included w/the concert, and I won't say more, EXCEPT, it will be my only meal for the day, and it was a late enough lunch that I'm not hungry at all. Now off to catch a movie with hubby. Hate to see the weekend go. Monday means lots of stuff I must do.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Jul-15-18 at 18:39.
  #2333   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-18, 20:13

BF:

Blue- I just have to vent more!!!!! So SHE KNOWS all about Ava. I talk about her extensively to the team. They all want the AVA update. So I was really shocked any woman, a grandma herself could say NO to me supporting my family at this time. MY GOD the child is going back on a vent and into the NICU for recovery. What kind of person is she? She told me she wanted to get AVA a gift when she was born, but wanted to wait to see "if she made it'- ya that kind of person.

She is a true Personally Disorder/ Bi-polar/ Narcissistic BITCH. Let me tell you how I really feel about her.
But the thing is- she is a grandma herself. she has a daughter with the same name as mine- and her grandson was born 2 weeks after AVA- a PERFECT baby I might add.
Her daughter doesn't use a IV pole and a bag going to a tube to feed her grandchild. Where is the compassion. I will be writing that letter.
I am waiting however until I get the exact dates. I will have them Tue. My letter will be written in a way that she will look like a total putz if she says no AGAIN- and I am CC her boss.

Ok- I do want to refer going forward to her as Cruella D- because the SHOE FITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for letting me blow off steam- I am mad as hello over this and have no place to vent.

So you went to a music concert and lunch and tonight the movies? Aren't you miss the social butterfly!
I'm with ya gal pal- I hate to see the weekend go.

I have a crap load of things to do tomorrow. I am hopeful that I can get 1/2 posts written for school. THE first post is on ethical practice in the work place. Boy do I have a ton I can pick from!!!!

The second post is on protected minorities and what we as providers need to do to see that everyone have equal access to coverage. I am picking the deaf community as my minority. I have had to step up and give a voice to several of our patients that needed service and the company didn't have the processes in place to service them!!!! SAY what from a fortune 5 company!!! But I had to find a deaf service, then have them contracted. That took FOREVER- and then we could service the member. She also had issues with navigating electronics- so the telephone inturperting service couldn't be used- we needed a live person. But I got it done. So I will write about that.

I have enough in my head to just sit down and write both out. I just need time with no interruptions. Mondays can be slow- or off the chain. It is hard telling until I am in it.

Say BLUE- what did you decide about your bed situation?

Lori- Sorry about your game!!!!!!! I know you will get back your MOJO!!!! That is the thing with a game- someone has to win.
Are you working this week?
When is your sisters surgery? Should be coming up right?

Well it's late ladies. I am last on, and unless Lori beats me to the punch I will be the first on. Watching my old gal sleep. I have noticed my dogger is sleeping alot these days. She does like her walks- but I can tell she is losing a bit up steam and they wear her out. I just can't go there in my head. I have put her on a lighter dog food for seniors and less active dogs to get a few pounds off her. Keep her around a bit longer.

My fridge is stuff with food that is MADE! I am challenging myself to not eat out until Friday- and then it will be LC. Being truthful I have been eating out to much. All LC- but who know what crap they toss on your meat! The sodium is a killer.

Tuna- ready/ and either hamburger soup/ chicken// or ribs for dinner- all cooked up for the week and in storage containers. I am good to go.
Nite ladies- time to listen to my "spa music"- it puts me out in a jiffy, that and my Melatonin. Swear by that stuff- it works.
  #2334   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 03:47

BF:

Yup- First one up and TIREd. I took a Benadryl.Wasn't planning on it- but my sinus clogged up and no amount of blowing did anything. I slept like a baby- but have that medication hangover. It usually wear off about noon. I hate fog head!

it must have poured last night- everything is wet. Beyond dew. There was some flooding too south of here.

Dang I hate this Medication head. I can only take a couple things for stuffy head due to high blood pressure.

Need to go onto Amazon from here to pick up something for my mom's husband. It's PRIME DAY TOO!!!!! They sure make it easy. Click , click, done......

Not getting on scale. I am getting a fit bit today- it's on the to buy list. Good money spent!

Tuna- and soup today. The shakes weren't doing it. Ok- Personals when you all write back- see prior post!

Have a great day!
  #2335   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 04:08

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Yes Jaz.....I worked last night from 4-8. Was supposed to be 5-7:30, but they called me to come in early as someone called off and we were slammed. Usually during the last hour I can take a couple cash drawers back to the office and count them, but had NO time to do any until the doors were locked. I had 6 cash drawers to balance, so it took till almost 8. Couldn't believe how busy we were.....NUTS. I work tonight again from 4-9:30. That is it for the week as I gave my Wednesday & Thursday night shifts to one of the college girls who wants all the hours she can get.

My sister has her surgery on 8/23. She is beyond tired of waiting to get it done. She has been having some very uncomfortable days with intense pressure. I feel bad for her. I'm going to visit her next week...Sunday to Wednesday. She is going on a trip to Florida with her daughter and family the last week of July...I hope it goes well for her.

Jaz......that guy is an a$$. You are certainly not "thick". I can't imagine him actually saying that to you!! What a rude prick! I hope he doesn't continue to call you.....doesn't sound like someone who deserves any of your time.

Sorry Ava has to go thru an operation. Your boss's attitude about you needing time off is par for the course for her. Cruella D for sure.

Blue.....sounds like you had a nice weekend! You say you have lots to do this week....hope it all goes well.

I'm off to jump in the shower and head out to get my Mammogram. Then it's home to just take it easy until time to go to work.

Off I go!
  #2336   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 05:44

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

reading along guys

my puter died the day we were leaving, on hubbys and I can not stand this keyboard one bit LOL

not liquored up just yet

campground is very nice, better than expected

Tennessee mountains are beautiful

hubby will try to get his fish charter for monster giant stripper fishing later

kid and me will swim and goof and that means I might get liquored up LOL

take care all will chat later if I can stand to even use this laptop again :}
  #2337   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 06:42

BF:

Blue- You are right on about the 'stay-home' spouse thing. That having been said, I will throw the DH a bone in that many times I want to be the one to see them off properly, or the one to hear how things were so I put myself in that position. I *knew* whomever picked him up would hear the most about how it was at camp and sure enough, DH says he prattled on for about an hour and a half. Once he got home he was past talked about it. So I lost out on that. Trade off!

LOL Over that commercial for cable! DH did say that DS asked how I had been while he was gone. He said to DH that he knew that with all the kids gone from the house for three weeks that I would be "devastated." The funny secret is that when each of my two older kids have gone off to college I have missed them but not nearly as much as I thought I would (or that they think I would.) I adjust frighteningly quickly. But I never, ever let them know that. I obviously don't in any way act like I am nothing but sad, but I always let them know how glad I am to see them, how wonderful it is that they are home, that they were missed while they were gone.

There is some other commercial that was out a few years ago, when my DD was in college. Some kid sitting around with her friends and talking about her poor parents, with nothing to do now that she was gone. Then it flashes to the parents who are out on a speedboat, waterskiing or something, then partying in a nightclub etc.. having way more fun than the kid!

Blue, that concert sounds great. I love music like you are describing. Would have loved that with you. What movie did you go to with your DH and did you like it?

Jaz- I think once you have the dates more in mind you should definitely write the letter and maybe even have Blue help you craft it or read over it before you hit that "send" button that includes the higher-ups.

Sounds like you have your papers all planned out. Very good that you can draw from personal experience for most of them!

So today is FitBit day! I have been way low on the exercise portion since the Chicago trip. My left foot is still bothering me a bit and I am being careful with it. I know too many people who ignore mild foot pain and then they are in big trouble for a long time! I have this trip coming up and the Canada trip to get through touring, plus the wedding and dancing, so I need a good foot!
Let us know which one you get and how you like it.

Good on you getting food prepped and ready to go. I've got some chicken for the grill and some taco meat that is getting cooked up today as well.

Lori- Sounds like a longer shift than you expected for sure! Hopefully today won't be too bad and then you have a break coming. I'm glad you get to go see your sister. Anticipating a surgery is a scary thing and I know you will be a good distraction for her. I hope your mammogram goes well!

Trig- Hahaha love the plan to get liquored up!
Ok so the TN mountains, you are talking about my kind of scenery. That is my jam. I am all about mountains, lakes and such. I'm jealous!
Sorry about the keyboard on the laptop.

Hi to KMom!

••••••••••••

Okay so clearly I never talked to you guys about Henrietta. I must have dreamed it or something! Anyway, she is a hoot. Simple pleasure.

Hot the next couple of days here and then it breaks. We head to NYC later this week and that will be fun and hopefully not too hot. I need to check the forecast.

So I joined a Kickstarter campaign months ago for Rebel Creamery - true Keto ice cream! They are sending it out the last week of July. I am looking forward to giving it a try!

It is amazing how neat my house is staying with only a DH and the two dogs. No one leaving crap all over the place (except DH. ((eyeroll)) ) I have been pretty lazy this week though. Not hitting any fitness goals at all. I will while we are in NYC though I bet.

Not too much else to report. Guess that is a good thing!

Last edited by niccofive : Mon, Jul-16-18 at 17:36.
  #2338   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 16:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Lori---Wow, I can't believe your sister has to wait this long for her surgery! Seems like at least a couple of months. I know it's not life threatening, but it sure is majorly uncomfortable for her. Can't remember exactly where she lives, but is it a place with few hospitals? Maybe I'm just luckily naive about this.

Trig---Cool that your site is even better than you expected. When do you go to the Lost Sea? Sure want to hear about that. Hope as I type you're relaxing with a nice cocktail and enjoying the end of the day in a lovely place.

Nic---Totally get you on the "first there" with the boys gets the most info. Many a time I've called my son after hearing about something he told his father, and all I get back is some version of "Mom, that's so yesterday." Don't know if daughters are different, but most of my girl friends sure are.

Jaz---If you care to share your letter to Cruella, I'd love to read it on e-mail. I have faith you will "ace it" just like you do w/your school papers. This one is just important in it's own way, imo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We didn't go out to a movie last night, we watched one on TV. "Miss Sloane" w/Jessica Chastaine. Pretty new on TV, was out in theaters just a couple of months ago. Really good political thriller. Jessica is great as a gal you want on your team and yet don't. Nice twisty plot w/surprises you don't see coming.

Made myself a nice day out of running lots of errands, including returning that trench coat. Yeah, after all that. It's not something I'd wear till at least late October, even in the rain, as it's very sturdy and warm. Just couldn't see having a hundred bucks hanging in my closet till then. Yep, I'm an off the rack on my back kind of gal.

Macy's was having huge sales. Tried on a couple of things. Really inspired me to get back on the woe and stick to it for a bit. Did find a great cotton tunic top for 18.99 that I know I'll wear the heck out of.

Then, other boring errands, then took myself out to lunch. Had a delish LC salad and read my latest book.

Finally I cruised over to Cost Cutter's and my new haircut gal and got a cutie patootie hair cut for $16 w/tip and senior discount. Compare to $65 w/tip at my old gal's. Miss her, she's a doll, but at almost $50 less, not that much of a doll, LOL.

On plan today. My current plan is still under 50 NCs a day. Usually I do much better than that IF I stay on plan. Today will be about 35 NCs. I'm good w/it for now.
  #2339   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 04:30

BF:

Blue- I am very sad you took that coat back. I know how much you wanted it. But I get it- ya gotta do what you gotta do!

Nothing like getting back on the WOE after a dressing room experience!!!! I'm serious. nothing like taking a kick back after thinking that you are down a size than to start trying on clothes. EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!!- glad you found something! And took yourself to lunch- and in a good book!

NIC- You know I find that even with just ME- I can let stuff go. I was looking at my floors last night and thinking I should really get out the sweeper and get all that dog hair up. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA- What was I thinking
Nice you are having a lazy daisy week of summer before it wraps up at warp speed.
I bet you will get your walking in in NYC!!!!!! When is your trip!!!That is on my bucket list is to go there! What are you doing there? Where are you staying? TELL ALL!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA-
So do you play in your pool when nobody is around? Boy I sure as heck would! I would be totally in! WINK!!!!!

Trig- HAHAHAHAH- I knew you loved us and would touch base! The mountains huh? TN is pretty- But I could take a pass on it. not a mountain gal myself. I have a thing for heights. Even when I am driving and hit that point in TN Chattanooga - I look down and it seems likes a mile or more drop. No thanks!
Glad though you love it- anything outdoors for you.

Lori- I know that you are busy at work! My mom said the same thing- people are out and SHOPPING like crazy. She works at JoAnn Fabrics. Crazy busy!
How long are you going to keep that job? Mom said she is going to stick it out until the first of the year- after Christmas- then out.
I thought that salon job sounded so cool. I am totally into hair and make up though- I love to watch it.
You wearing your fit bit? Is yours a charge2?
-----------------------------------------------------
So Ava gets her exam today- but I wrote the letter yesterday. Creulla and I are now not speaking. then I caught her in a LIE.

I wrote that letter- sent it to her and her boss. She got so flustered she sent a reply to who she thought was her boss but hit send to ME!!!!!!! So I have it- and responded to it. I replied. M I NEVER SAID I WANTED A WEEK OFF- YOU MUST BE MISTAKEN. I only asked for 2 DAYS. TWO DAYS- not a week. Then she went on and on that I didn't care about HER TIME OFF. I replied- sorry- not ever convent for a child to have surgery is it???????

So I sent it on to her boss along with my comments- that it was not how it went down and was very dissppointed we have come to this point.
At that point - M sent yet another EMAIL- stating she would "take care of this- no need for her boss to step in"- "of COURSE we will work with her"- YA- whatever. She and I are not speaking.

Her boss has not responded - and I feel nausea going to work! Unfortunatually we work so closely that communication is vital to either of us succeeding. We can make each other really miserable. I however have a conscious she has no feelings. I really believe that. She could cut someone to shreds, do her nails and go to dinner- and never give it another thought. I am not that way. I hate grudges. I am not wired that way.

I was about to get the fit bit on Amazon yesterday - when I couldn't get on- it frekin crashed. YA it did!!!!!

I don't know why I am feeling slug- heavy. Maybe because all that walking felt so wonderful- and to go back to a cube life doesn't feel good to the body! I am going to attempt to go back and get that Fitbit. IF Amazon is back up and running!

Hopped in bed last night- just as I was falling asleep- a big time thunder boomer - blew in. Really nice to sleep though- put me right to sleep. Although the pup- was hiding under the covers- huddled on my leg. Too freakin cute. I was out!
Hot and muggy- really for a change in season!

Soup today- have hamburger soup- my LC take on chili. I use the same spices- just no beans.

Ok- got face the man- or M- I think I will write 2/2 post today and hide out in my cube. I was pretty quite yesterday. That is unusual for me. M and I have a joint meeting at 9 am - I am just going to sit back and have her do it. I am mentally out.

Let ya know about my fit bit.
  #2340   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 06:12

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I didn't crawl out of bed until 7 this morning. I was up till almost midnight last night. I didn't leave work till 10 and then it was so hot & muggy that I wanted a cold beer to settle myself down. Luckily, I had one in the fridge, so sat here watching some mindless TV before finally going to bed. No work until next Thursday. YAY! I have some appointments this week and then leave for my sister's on Sunday morning.

Blue...I don't know why it is taking so long for my sister to have her surgery other than the Urologist is extremely busy.....it took almost 2 months for her to even get a consult appointment! Plus, the Uro and the Gyno actually do the operation together. 1 does one part of it and the other does another part. So I guess trying to coordinate 2 doctors schedules is part of the problem. It is not that she lives in a rural area....just the opposite.....too busy!

Glad you had a nice day out with some shopping and lunch. I'm getting my hair cut today...can't wait. I've decided to get about 2 inches cut off and get it styled into a layered bob. I hope I don't regret it as I won't be able to pull it up in a pony tail for golf etc. Hope I can still tuck it up under my hat.

Jaz....I don't have a Fitbit. I had the first generation of them years ago. Anyway, I have an android smart watch. It buzzes when I get a phone call and I can even answer my phone right on my wrist. I feel like 007. It does a lot more than I use it for, but I thought I had to have one. I guess I've had it for almost 2 years. It does count my steps and I see the count right on the home screen.

Good luck at work today. What a mess. Sorry you get caught up in "M"'s drama.

Well, DH & the boys will be bringing home lots of salmon! He's been sending me pictures the past 2 days. I will try to send you all the picture of DH and his big catch from yesterday. When they get home I'll be packaging and freezing salmon! Maybe we'll have some for dinner tonight.

Oh....my latest purchase was a cold brew coffee pitcher. OMG......I have my 2nd carafe "brewing" in the fridge now. It is SO good. A bit of heavy cream and some flavored stevia if I feel like it.....WOW....so refreshing.

Ok....I'm out. I'll try to send you a picture of DH with his big fish.
Closed Thread