Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-12, 04:19

Plan: My Own
Stats: 293/293/180 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have taken microwave popcorn to the "dark side" as well, Blackstone!
I have taken a box of butterscotch-cook n serve-pudding, 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup of brown sugar heated it up and made a caramel sauce to dump on two bags of microwave popcorn that I had laid out onto a cookie sheet. Smelled sooooo good! Destroyed my stomach-it was pure acid, I really thought I'd die that night! Light headed, semi-passed out on the couch. That was my last big-bad-night of overindulgence. I am way too old to eat like that anymore! That was two Halloweens ago.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-12, 04:19
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

i've always been a salty crunchy person...

i used to love to eat a bag of oreo's with a bag of fritos corn chips.
the combination, salt, sweet & crunchy were orgasmic.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-12, 04:27

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
the combination, salt, sweet & crunchy were orgasmic.

On one cold, dark night, I realized I could make my own peanut buster parfaits at home. 1/2 gal good vanilla ice cream, spanish peanuts, and chocolate syrup. One bowl-full at a time until gone. Small ice-freeze to the head, but otherwise a wonderful memory of decadence. I don't regret all my over-indulgences, some did make me really sick, but others was just fun for fun-sake.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-12, 04:31
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDogg
I got kicked out of a buffet once.

hahahahahahahahahaha! oh goodness...
i'm sorry to laugh, but that sounds nearly impossible, but plausible..

that's original!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-12, 12:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

LeeMack -

Quote:
I'd get a large bowl, pour a cm thick layer of granulated sugar all over the bottom, pour loads frosted cornflakes on top, then a mixture of cream and milk, and a final topping of sugar. On a bad day I could eat 3-4 large bowls. I dread to think what this did to my liver.

You're the winner of this one.. All that gritty sugar sounds truly disgusting to me, lol.. I am really glad that you've managed to put these days behind you and lost so much weight. I hope you keep it up - all the best

Last edited by Kirsteen : Sat, Apr-14-12 at 12:55.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-12, 17:14

Plan: Ketogenic now
Stats: 277/121/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDogg
I got kicked out of a buffet once.

You're my hero!!! LOL
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-12, 17:15

Plan: Ketogenic now
Stats: 277/121/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

i went to a friend's home for lunch in high school (omg...I"m lucky I remember back that far!!)...and he used to make a concoction with WHITE soda crackers, milk and tuna. Like tuna noodle but with crackers.

Death by flour..LOL Just thinking about that makes me feel EWW.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-12, 17:53

Plan: Paleo-ish general LC
Stats: 151/119/118 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I had two "lowest points."

I was an emergency babysitter. Between the stress and the binge disorder, I ate a whole box of pop-tarts; unable to help myself.

I still remember the withering scorn that the bratty kids, desperate parents, and despairing friend poured on me. Cripes, I ate a box of Pop-Tarts! Sue me!

The stupidest thing I ever ate was a can of pineapple slices with Cool Whip layered over them. It wasn't even good!

I'll match your one box of Pop-Tarts against my Pop-Tart DIET

Back in the late 80's, early 90's, I'd sneak out to the store EVERY DAY, buy Pop-Tarts, plead that I wasn't hungry enough to eat lunch or dinner, then get myself up at 4 or 5 in the morning to eat the Pop-Tarts (so noone knew what I was doing). After all, they were 1200 calories per box, and most diets recommended 1200 calories a day, so it was all good!

(Did it work? Somewhat, but the stress of hiding all this wasn't worth it)

My worst single meal would be COLD Franco-American canned spaghetti and meatballs. Couldn't even be bothered to heat it up.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-12, 08:46

BF:

I have bide the time until my frozen pizzas and fries where cooking by eating on a bag of chips (family size) and guacamole dip. It was ok, because chips were low-salt, I told myself. I had eaten so many by the time the pizza was ready I was afraid I wouldn't have room for anything else. So scary, right?
Anyone else here do that? Eat unhealthy things to tide you over until the other unhealthy things are cooked? I just couldn't shove the food in my face fast enough, back then. The 15 min wait on the pizza was too flippin' long!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-12, 09:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/138/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I used to love to eat Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries while I read. I'd eat it like popcorn, straight out of the box, no milk. I could easily go through a box and afterward, the roof of my mouth would be chewed up so badly that it hurt to eat and it was an ordeal to get all the impacted sugar and corny goodness out of my teeth. But, it was delicious!
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-12, 09:43

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

An entire bowl of chocolate cake mix, raw egg and all. Just thinking about it now makes me feel a bit queasy.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-12, 09:49

Plan: Low carb, high fat keto
Stats: 310/212/183 Male 6'0"
BF:D
Progress: 77%

Well there are definitely some foods I had to be stoned to enjoy, back in the day... like frozen microwave pizza from the 7-11 that they used to have. I used to describe it as follows:

If you overcook it, it's like concrete. If you undercook it, it's like rubber. But if you cook it just right...

it's like plastic.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-12, 10:46
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsteen
LeeMack -

You're the winner of this one.. All that gritty sugar sounds truly disgusting to me, lol.. I am really glad that you've managed to put these days behind you and lost so much weight. I hope you keep it up - all the best

Thanks, Kirsteen, I'm glad I'm past those days too! Makes me feel ill just thinking about it.

Lee
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-12, 10:47

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubySpider
Anyone else here do that? Eat unhealthy things to tide you over until the other unhealthy things are cooked? I just couldn't shove the food in my face fast enough, back then. The 15 min wait on the pizza was too flippin' long!

I STILL do that only now the choices are healthier. While I'm waiting for the 15 minutes it takes to saute some delicious fish and veggies in butter, I'll eat some cheese, or pork rinds, or walnuts, etc., etc. Why on earth I can't just wait 15 minutes beats me. I guess it's the "starving for food" habit created back in the day when 90 percent of my diet was carbs with the cravings to go along with it!
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-12, 11:04

Plan: Non Specific - Just LC
Stats: 188/163/130 Female 5'4"
BF:46.65%/37.7%/23%
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_L
An entire bowl of chocolate cake mix, raw egg and all. Just thinking about it now makes me feel a bit queasy.

Haha - that reminds me of a little girl in my daycare a few years ago. I was taking a cake decorating course, not a healthy hobby but it was fun and I still like decorating them, so I'd let the kids help me make the cakes and icing for my class. The one little girl was only about 18 months and she'd just run around playing. One time she noticed that those white blobs the kids kept dropping on the floor tasted really yummy so she got down on all fours and licked the floor. It was too funny. After that she was always interested in what we were making and would always check out what was on the floor.

Oh, and then there was the time my little sister snuck out of bed at nap time (this was more my mom's nap than hers - ), pulled out the giant tub of margarine my mom kept and the big wooden spoon. She sat quietly in the kitchen, hidden from view and shared with the dog. One giant spoonful for her and one giant spoonful for the dog. My sister is no longer a fan of margarine anymore.