Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, May-07-08, 17:47

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Day 3 level one was much easier besides those side lunge things with the weights.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, May-07-08, 19:11

Plan: Atkins Now/S.B. Later
Stats: 165/138.4/128 Female 64 Inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hi Ladies!
I just got shred. I'm excited to start doing it. I'll probably do it 5x w/5lbs. The semester is ending so I'm losing my regular sculpt/ab and soccer classes! Hopefully this will do the trick to get me all sculpted for the summer! I'm going to start tonight. I'll post my results here weekly. So to start:

Arms:11.5
Waist:31.5
Hip:38
Thigh:21
  #48   ^
Old Thu, May-08-08, 06:24

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 158/136/140 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 122%

Hi MissHayes - so happy you're going to be shredding with us!

Tomorrow will mark two solid weeks of Shred for me and I must say, I am seeing such amazing results. Strength and cardio training together really does yield better results as Jillian states.

Rodmick: I'm getting better at those interior (side) lunges. They're not "killing" me as much as they were last week.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, May-08-08, 08:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Okay, I've been reading you guys' rave reviews of this. I am a 60 year old, pretty much sedatary woman with often sore knees and have to be care about my back. Currently my exercise is Sweatin' to the Oldies, an OLD R.Simmons thing and a great deal of yard work. Would I be wasting my money to order this Shred thing? Just like most older women, I have a pot belly that doesn't seem to go away, no matter what. Thanks for any advice here.
  #50   ^
Old Thu, May-08-08, 09:30

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrus
Okay, I've been reading you guys' rave reviews of this. I am a 60 year old, pretty much sedatary woman with often sore knees and have to be care about my back. Currently my exercise is Sweatin' to the Oldies, an OLD R.Simmons thing and a great deal of yard work. Would I be wasting my money to order this Shred thing? Just like most older women, I have a pot belly that doesn't seem to go away, no matter what. Thanks for any advice here.

Hi there! The biggest concern would be the cardio, specifically the jumping jacks because those aren't modified. Can you do jumping jacks for 30 seconds, several times? If so, you should be okay. You could also try it and modify it with one of the other cardio clips if you wanted. If you have digital TV, see if you have exercise TV, you can get it free there and try it out. It's a tough workout, but you could probably modify it to fit your needs.

Leslie Sansone's walking videos are good for low impact, especially her 3 mile with weights.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, May-08-08, 18:29

BF:

H2oGoddess~ I'm glad to hear that move gets easier!

I got day 4 done! Whew! I had to laugh cuz dh thought I was kind of a baby bing so sore this week. He made it through 9 minutes. Amazing! Hes a bit muscular guy!
  #52   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 07:24

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

I was so mad last night!! I got about 14 minutes in and the power went out from the storms. Thankfully I remembered enough to sort of finish out, but it wasn't the same. So I was shredding to candlelight

I'm going to TRY level 2 this weekend, I have a feeling I'll be quickly back to level 1.
  #53   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 07:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by misschris
I was so mad last night!! I got about 14 minutes in and the power went out from the storms. Thankfully I remembered enough to sort of finish out, but it wasn't the same. So I was shredding to candlelight

I'm going to TRY level 2 this weekend, I have a feeling I'll be quickly back to level 1.

LMAO - shredding by candlelight...I might try that sometime. Good luck starting level 2.
  #54   ^
Old Fri, May-09-08, 22:41

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%

Level 2 was another butt kicker. I decided to try it after getting the side lunge with anterior delt raise down.
  #55   ^
Old Sat, May-10-08, 17:36

Plan: Atkins Now/S.B. Later
Stats: 165/138.4/128 Female 64 Inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Wow. My arms are SO sore today! She really knows how to kick your butt into shape! I thought it wouldn't be so bad as I'm already taking a sculpt class 2x a week and Soccer 2x a week... but alas, Jillian, You got me!
  #56   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 11:33

BF:

Ok folks here are my measurements after doing Shred for eleven days straight:

Starting measurements:

Waist - 31 in.
Bust - 36 in.
Hips - 41 in.
Thighs - 25 in

Two-week (11 day) Shred results:

Waist - 29 in.
Bust - 36 in.
Hips - 40.5 in.
Thighs - 24 in.

Mind you the scale has barely moved (only lost about a half a pound) this past couple of weeks, but there's no question the inches are melting off!

And so the shredding continues starting level 2 this evening....
  #57   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 20:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Goddess
Ok folks here are my measurements after doing Shred for eleven days straight:

Starting measurements:

Waist - 31 in.
Bust - 36 in.
Hips - 41 in.
Thighs - 25 in

Two-week (11 day) Shred results:

Waist - 29 in.
Bust - 36 in.
Hips - 40.5 in.
Thighs - 24 in.

Mind you the scale has barely moved (only lost about a half a pound) this past couple of weeks, but there's no question the inches are melting off!

And so the shredding continues starting level 2 this evening....

Excellent results!!!!!! Those inches are what count!

I have shred 1 down pat except those anterior raises. The last 5 are killing me. I'm debating trying two tomorrow.
  #58   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 06:26

BF:

Rodmick, I am amazed at how my body is changing. My abs especially, which have always been a problem, are starting to become more defined.

Ohmigod! Level 2 just about KILLED me yesterday! Between the millitary presses with dumbells, the plank jacks, the walkout push-ups....I was ready to kill Jillian. I just about collapsed by the time it came to the cool-down.

Shred is not for sissies and wimps that's for sure!
  #59   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 16:29

BF:

I think I'm almost ready for shred 2. I'm still debating. I twisted my knee a bit an I'm afraid 2 might make it worse.
My measurements are good but my weight is up 3 lbs. I'm assuming I'm holding water from the harder exercise.

H2OGoddess~ I still cant get over your waist measurement change!!!!
  #60   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 05:59

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmick
I think I'm almost ready for shred 2. I'm still debating. I twisted my knee a bit an I'm afraid 2 might make it worse.
My measurements are good but my weight is up 3 lbs. I'm assuming I'm holding water from the harder exercise.

H2OGoddess~ I still cant get over your waist measurement change!!!!

I know..pretty amazing isn't it? I have always had a tiny waist and back but when I have the extra poundage on, my pooch tummy sticks out a lot more. Since beginning Shred, it has begun shrinking incredibly.

I would say you being up in pounds is probably because of the water weight. I notice the scale has begun moving for me again as of this morning, thus ending two-week stall that started when I first began Shred.