Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, May-02-08, 12:46

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 175/167.7/139 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie
What are you guys doing in addition to the shred?

I do an hour of cardio 6 days a week. I usually do 30 min, Jillian's circuits, 30 min. I do the elliptical (high level), treadmill running, or incline 15 % walking, bike, or swimming. Jillian has given multiple people this advice to lose those last pounds.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, May-04-08, 08:28

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

I hated measuring today. Have been bad the last 2 days and haven't worked out this weekend, lots of stress this weekend. But I was down another few inches including another inch in my waist, so I'll take it. I have to make up for it next week.

As for other exercise I'm doing, just cardio for the most part, between 30-50 minutes a day, sometimes Tae-Bo and looking at starting Bikram Yoga this week.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, May-04-08, 09:16

Plan: meat 'n water
Stats: 221/181/150 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Question for you guys...what equipment do you need? Is it just weights? orresistance bands or what?
I want to know before I order it.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, May-04-08, 10:21

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

All you need are a set of hand weights.

I am starting to feel sooooo good. I am guessing that no one has gone to Level 2 yet?
  #35   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 06:23

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 158/136/140 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 122%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutaylor
All you need are a set of hand weights.

I am starting to feel sooooo good. I am guessing that no one has gone to Level 2 yet?

I was planning on moving to level 2 starting this week but after watching level 2 closely over the weekend, I'm not sure...I'm scared.

Guess I'll play it by ear. If I'm feeling adventurous after work today, maybe I'll do level 2. If not, back to level 1 it is.

One a side note: I am amazed at how toned my body is becoming after only two weeks of Shred. This is one workout I feel really good about doing. Definitely got my money's worth out of this dvd and the Cardio Max one.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 09:50

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

I received my dvd in the mail today and did level 1. Wow was I surprised!!! I have been a 4-5 day exerciser for over 8 year and that 20 min was darn hard! I really feel it in my arms! I think I'm going to follow do measurements today to gage progress. They will be distorted at tom is due but that is ok.

Are you ladies doing shred 4-5 days in a row or alternating days? What lb weights are you all using?
  #37   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 10:33

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I am doing the Shred 5-6 days a week...I am using 3 and 5 pound weights.

Let me know how Level 2 goes!
  #38   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 11:38

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 158/136/140 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 122%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmick
I received my dvd in the mail today and did level 1. Wow was I surprised!!! I have been a 4-5 day exerciser for over 8 year and that 20 min was darn hard! I really feel it in my arms! I think I'm going to follow do measurements today to gage progress. They will be distorted at tom is due but that is ok.

Are you ladies doing shred 4-5 days in a row or alternating days? What lb weights are you all using?

I have been doing Shred 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) and taking weekends off. My plan is to do Shred for the next four weeks and then possibly alternate it with something else. I did Cardio Max for five weeks before switching to Shred to change things up a bit so maybe once I finish five weeks of Shred I'll start alternating one day with Shred and one day with Cardio Max and see how that works for me. For now I want to see what doing strictly Shred will do for me and I have already been seeing wonderful results. According to a poster on another diet and fitness message board, someone directly asked Jillian if it was ok to do Shred five days a week and Jillian said since Shred combines strength, cardio and abs it was ok to do 4 or 5 days a week.

I've been using 3 and 5lbs weights. I thought I was strong enough to handle using the 5lbs weights to do those side lunges but quickly switched back to my 3lbs weights . I keep both sets of weights handy. That move where we lay on our backs on the floor with knees slightly raised and move the weights from above the chest to the sides (can't remember what it is called) is about the only move I can do with the 5lbs weights.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 12:11

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks KatieAZ, I was doing walking and elliptical on the same days as Shred workout ( 4xs last week), but am going to increase cardio to everyday for minimum of 30 minutes.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 12:15

BF:

I am doing alternating days with 30 minutes of cardio on those days and 5lb weights. I will increase shred to 4-5 times this week and let you know how it goes. So far after a week, I've lost 1 inch from my waist which is the roundest part of me
  #41   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 12:16

BF:

[QUOTE=arnie]Are you ladies doing shred 4-5 days in a row or alternating days? What lb weights are you all using?

I am doing alternating days with 30 minutes of cardio on those days and 5lb weights. I will increase shred to 4-5 times this week and let you know how it goes. So far after a week, I've lost 1 inch from my waist which is the roundest part of me
  #42   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 13:58

BF:

I am basically doing it as often as I can, trying to take 2 days a week off. Sometimes those 2 days are not back to back and sometimes they are, just depending on how I feel. I won't move to level 2 until I am feeling 100% with level 1 and I'm not there yet Level 2 scares me!!!! Level 1 is working for me, so I'm staying here until I can get through Level 1 for a week with no problem or significant soreness. We'll see!!! I'm also alternating between 3-5 lbs. I did 5 lbs the first few days and was SO sore (those darn lunges! LOL!!) So now I use both sets throughout the workout.

Congrats to all the shredders!!!!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, May-06-08, 07:16

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Goddess
I have been doing Shred 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) and taking weekends off. My plan is to do Shred for the next four weeks and then possibly alternate it with something else. I did Cardio Max for five weeks before switching to Shred to change things up a bit so maybe once I finish five weeks of Shred I'll start alternating one day with Shred and one day with Cardio Max and see how that works for me. For now I want to see what doing strictly Shred will do for me and I have already been seeing wonderful results. According to a poster on another diet and fitness message board, someone directly asked Jillian if it was ok to do Shred five days a week and Jillian said since Shred combines strength, cardio and abs it was ok to do 4 or 5 days a week.

I've been using 3 and 5lbs weights. I thought I was strong enough to handle using the 5lbs weights to do those side lunges but quickly switched back to my 3lbs weights . I keep both sets of weights handy. That move where we lay on our backs on the floor with knees slightly raised and move the weights from above the chest to the sides (can't remember what it is called) is about the only move I can do with the 5lbs weights.

I only have 5 lb weight or higher and those side lung moves with the weights about killed me! The rest were ok but omg with those I couldn't get all the way up after a few. Tomorrow I'll be in town and pick up 3 lb weight.

I'm planning to do shred then mon-fri with a leisurely walk at 2.5 on the treadmill at night for 30 min.

I have some major things in july and August and I'd like my fav clothes to fit. Nothing like a class reunion and seeing and ex to whip you into shape!

I did measure and it was way up. Darn pms!
  #44   ^
Old Tue, May-06-08, 09:42

BF:

Todays "shred " done. Seriously kicked my butt! I had to modify the pushups big time. Strangely I find the last section of cardio lots easier than the previous two. I'm darn sore~!
  #45   ^
Old Wed, May-07-08, 17:46

BF:

Just finished mine, ready to hit the showers!!! I have found that this week has been tougher than the last 2 weeks for some reason!! I watched Level 2 while doing my cardio tonight, still scares me! LOL! I am going to try it though this weekend, just to see how much of it I can do. There are some interesting exercises in that one for sure!!!

Keep up the great work everyone!!!