Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-08, 19:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/150 Female 65in
BF:
Progress:

Hi,
I just found this thread today and am so glad that I did. You all seem to be having mad success with this program. I just received mine yesterday but won't be starting until July first. Why, you might ask. Good question. I started one of the Firm rotations on June 1st and want to follow that through. Also, I'm going on a cruise next week and don't want to miss any days once I've started. So, in the meantime I will live vicariously through you who are seeing such amazing results
I'll be checking in daily to cheer everyone on and will officially join you on the 1st. Have a great evening!
BTW, "30 day shred".... Are you expected to work out for 30 days straight?

Kacey
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 06:45

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi Kacey! I didn't do 30 days straight. I do mon-fri. I figure the muscles need some time off.
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 07:00

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 158/136/140 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 122%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaceyb51
Hi,
I just found this thread today and am so glad that I did. You all seem to be having mad success with this program. I just received mine yesterday but won't be starting until July first. Why, you might ask. Good question. I started one of the Firm rotations on June 1st and want to follow that through. Also, I'm going on a cruise next week and don't want to miss any days once I've started. So, in the meantime I will live vicariously through you who are seeing such amazing results
I'll be checking in daily to cheer everyone on and will officially join you on the 1st. Have a great evening!
BTW, "30 day shred".... Are you expected to work out for 30 days straight?

Kacey

Welcome Kacey - so glad you're joining us!

I've been doing Shred from Monday to Friday each week and taking the weekends off. Works well for me.
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 16:40

Stats: -/-/150 Female 65in
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the welcome! It's good to know that you are seeing results doing 5 days a week. H2O Goddess, I've seen your results, AMAZING!!! Keep up the good work. BTW, in your picture. with your shades, you look amazingly like my daughter. Seriously, I really had to take a second look.

Rodmick, I'm impressed with your resolve not to get on the scale or measure until July!! I think I'd go crazy if I didn't weigh myself. Although you haven't checked, have you noticed a change in the way your clothes fit? That is more important than the weight loss.

Have a great evening.

Kacey
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 16:55

BF:

Kacey~ yep I sure can tell a difference. I bought new jeans about a month ago. I can pull them off without un buttoning them~ so something is up!

You'll see results fast!
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-08, 07:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaceyb51
Thanks for the welcome! It's good to know that you are seeing results doing 5 days a week. H2O Goddess, I've seen your results, AMAZING!!! Keep up the good work. BTW, in your picture. with your shades, you look amazingly like my daughter. Seriously, I really had to take a second look.

Kacey

Thanks Kacey!

And they say everyone has a twin....

I wish you much in your shredding endeavors.
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-08, 11:21
Registered Member

Stats: 162/151/125 Female 152cm
BF:
Progress: 30%

Just Got Shred for a GreaT Deal on ebay!! I can't wait to start shredding with all of you!!!
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-08, 12:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello2
Just Got Shred for a GreaT Deal on ebay!! I can't wait to start shredding with all of you!!!

Hello and welcome to Shred!!!!

Can't wait to hear of your progress.
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-08, 12:22

Plan: atkins- vegetarian
Stats: 144/131/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default buying it today

I'm buying the dvd today and I'm really excited! I will do measurements and keep everyone posted.
Tammy
Okay...my before measuremments are:
Waist- 32 3/4"
Hips- 39"
Left thigh- 24"

Last edited by tammydee : Mon, Jun-16-08 at 12:31. Reason: measurements
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-08, 17:09

Plan: Adkins-With tweaks
Stats: 182.5/166.2/140 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 38%

I am starting my 2nd week of induction. I bought the Jullian Michals set. My question is, can I excercise this hard being in induction? Excercise tend to were me out, before I didn't have any problems before I started induction.

Jacki
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-08, 07:19
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Everybody! I just did my first Shred workout! All I can say is...OUCH!!! I just watched it first to see Jillian go through it once before trying for myself and I thought " This doesn't look so hard"...I was WRONG. Awesome workout!! I thought I might die. Just shows how out of shape I am!!! LOL You know what they say..No Pain, No Gain. Good for all of you who have been doing this for a month (or more) It ain't easy!!
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-08, 17:03

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymommy2
I am starting my 2nd week of induction. I bought the Jullian Michals set. My question is, can I excercise this hard being in induction? Excercise tend to were me out, before I didn't have any problems before I started induction.

Jacki

I'm very LC and on metformin and can still do it. Honerstly the first week was darn hard! I have to confess though I never moved on to the whole level 2.

I think that is a ok as I'm seeing great results with 1.

Jello~ it is tough isn't it??
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 12:00
Registered Member

BF:

Rodmick~ There are no words!!..Tough..Yeah, that about sums it up!!
I did my Third Workout of Level One today and I must confess I wasn't sure I would attempt it again after the Second Workout. What does everyone out there do for muscle soreness? My Legs and Butt are KILLING me...I'm taking that as a good sign that it is workin for me!!!
Anyone else out there resort to taking Asprin, or will it go away on it's own if I just push through?
Can See Why it Works Though!!!
Sexymommy~I have also been very LC for the past Month. Very rarely do I eat over 20g Carb in the Day. Even then, maybe 1 or 2 g over. I am still in Ketosis and Ketostix are still very purple. During the Induction Phase, however, I was really dragging. I felt the effects of "Induction Flu" and basically felt like..well, you know what!! You may be going through the same thing as the body Finishes doing it's sugar detox. Fortunantely, it will pass and you'll get loads more energy. Still, this workout is a freakin Challenge, to say the least, so I'd Imagine you will be ,like me, really Draggin' at First- Induction or Not~ Best of Luck Though..You Can Do It!!!

Last edited by Jello2 : Thu, Jun-26-08 at 12:20.
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 19:41

BF:

I didn't get lots of muscle soreness but I think that was cuz I took a good long soak in the tub every night. I also take a slow (2-2.5 mph) walk afterwards to wind down.
It is a great program!
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 20:30
Registered Member

BF:

I have been doing a 3.5mph 20 min. walk at night in addition to the Shred. My theory is that if I get up my cardiovascular endurance during the walk, doing the Shred will be easier..It's like training to do training... I was wondering if any of you Shredders would mind telling me how the weight loss is going? I was just reading another Thread that discussed stalls in weight loss when beginning to excercise. Has this been the experience for any of you?