Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#871   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-18, 18:35

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Welcome back Trig and Blue!

Will post more later tonight or tomorrow. I am in the middle of doing some "light" investing in the latest ICO (Initial Coin Offering). It is a Cryptocurrency. Very interesting. I really think we are moving towards this kind of an international digital, mobile Crypto Bank.
Sponsored Links
  #872   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-18, 18:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Ok, I'm back, dobber headed up.

Jaz---IMO, struggle will never be absent from this woe, so we can expect it to come knocking at our door now and then, like...forever.

BUT, to ALL here, we need to keep in mind that "struggle" ALSO comes w/being a carb hound/addict, as in:

---Feeling bloated and duck wobbler like
---wearing clothes that hide rather than flatter
---health worries
---decreased energy
---that horrible over stuffed, slightly nauseous feeling
--- more heartburn,
---lack of feeling empowered to make better choices.
---lack of confidence in how we look
---As per my experience, more dental problems and more sick days
---That bad feeling when you know you're NOT in the driver's seat
---Loss of feeling lighter on one's feet
---Carb glaze and daze=demotivation

And I really could go on and on. SO, struggle on LC now and then, or struggle with the list above and MORE, every single day.

Jaz, You did a great job of fighting it off after a few days of being derailed. As I always say, the motivation is in the process. We get a couple of good days under our belt, and we want more good days. Getting started is always the hardest, in EVERYTHING.

LOVE your focus on school, and the road forward, including wherever you end up living. As opposed to that which is "not your circus." Detachment can be a good thing.

And, I'm glad, Ms. gypsy girl, you've resolved to stay put for now. One of my fave sayings: "Wherever you go, there YOU are." You have made a substantial investment in Atlanta, whether it feels like it or not. It's close to your children, and as others have pointed out, it's a big market w/lots of opportunities. Sometimes we just have to put some cement in our shoes and stick w/it. If you feel like running, do it on a treadmill, LOL.

Nic---Holy cow, I can not imagine how you made it thru your holidays running an infirmary in your lower level, and keeping up with holiday traditions above. No, wait, actually I can imagine YOU doing that. Honestly, if I inherited a big company tomorrow, I'd hire you to help me run it, from home of course.

I am so happy to hear you're doing induction to get you started back on the path. Induction is not forever, just a way to START, and like I said, starting is hard, so having a plan is GOOD. And if anyone can execute a plan if that anyone is so inclined, it is you!

Lori---Happy to hear your hours are slowing down, and also that your company is good about giving you days off when you want, as long as you give them the hat tip of planning ahead. Didn't know that. Good reason to keep that job. Fun money is just that---FUN. Like being able to keep all five pieces in your latest "Lori fashion bundle." They seem to really be getting to know your taste, and you seem to be having a lot of fun wearing things you love. See above list.

Trig---Oh wow, the pool was shut down. What a complete and total bummer. Being a water person like you, that would have disappointed/irritated me no end. Then the beach turns on you! It seems so WRONG that a walk on the beach could be "stinging." Oh well, at least you were probably glad to get home, which has value in itself.

You ARE OUR LCOW WARRIOR. Your commitment and strength on your woe is absolutely stunning to me. All the more so because I know that doesn't mean you're on easy street w/all this, and that you have cravings and certainly great temptations with those yappy carb hounds you live with. All the more my admiration. You are such an important part of this thread, in that you show us all how it CAN be done, if in our own ways, and for the most part, quite happily.

K-mom---Love all the vegetable soup recipes you got going here. I love reading recipes, just don't love making them, LOL.

Hubby makes a fantastic chicken Tortilla soup---savory and spicy and LC--- and it answers to the same need as vegetable soup for me. Like Nic I keep my veggies on the LC side, but don't worry about tomatoes and onions, or green beans, celery (boring raw, but a great flavor in soups) or lettuces and occasionally some squash. Hub's Tortilla soup is heavy on chicken and great spices, bathed in tomato/onion/spices broth. I have put my order in w/him for a big batch for the new year.

Loved your story about the SD and trying to put your make up on ALONE. Ha. A woman really should have that moment to herself. And I know that feeling of returning your home to pre-Christmasy. Seems simpler and less cluttered.

We don't put up much these days, in fact, only our table tree and some fave holiday things under its branches. Not ready to take it down quite yet...still sparkly and happy and reminding me of a very good Xmas now past. Good news is, "taking it all down" will take about 5 minutes. Less is more these days for me.

Will re-start water challenge tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeling SO much better than my earlier post. Helped greatly by a nice chat w/my son. Was missing him so much. Today he started a new job at one of the finest restaurants in SF. My pals there told me it's the best of the best, in all the local mags, and the chef is famous.

He is a server, and when it gets to a restaurant like the one he's taking on now, it's a very demanding professional job requiring extensive knowledge of wines, ingredients, cooking methods, and the exact proper table settings, including the proper utensils for any meal ordered. He has a HUGE handbook he's studying like crazy.

But he was really jazzed today after his first day on the job yesterday. For the first week he's just "following" which means he is assigned to a top server and all he's expected to do is watch and see how it all works. He told me the skills of this guy blew him away.

He was at a very popular and trendy SF restaurant---we ate there, twice and it was so fab. But he wanted to take it further and make more money, so he went out and got this job on a walk in! IOW, he walked right into this uber restaurant and chatted up the hostess, got himself an interview w/the mgr. At first they said no openings, we'll keep you on file. Right before we came, they had texted him and said "You're on, we want you to be part of our family."

Sorry to go on and on gals, not guilty of this often, but SO very proud of my son. In 3 years he's worked himself to the top of restaurants in SF. AND, frankly, it's just the challenge he needs right now, as he was struggling for various reasons. In a rut, not challenged. Well, he will be now. Mama is bursting w/pride and hope for him.

Still on plan. Not the "snap" it usually is for me, because the holidays and the vacay added up to over 2 weeks of food debauchery for me. Although I will say, not cheap bad carbs, nothing processed, no snacks, few desserts. Still, plenty of carbs.

But as Chad and Jeremy would say (LOL, figure that one out you youngin's) "but that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone.")

Thinking about my word for this year. Will say more on that tomorrow. Lord knows, I've already made up for in size of post, for all those days gone.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Jan-03-18 at 20:11.
  #873   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-18, 19:24

BF:
Progress:

hahahaha...AND, not quite done yet.

Jaz---brief note and corrector, my son is just 25, not 33. And, at 25 he's going thru things I remember from being 25. The twenties IMO, were the hardest and the only decade I would not repeat, no no Nanette. Had lots of fun in that decade, but also, all the worries of establishing oneself and finding what I'd call "adult confidence."

Also to all, forgot to mention that today I figured out "my shake." I've had the vanilla egg white powder and PB powder, both thanx to Lori, for a couple of months sitting unopened because I thought I had to do all kinds of things to make it a shake. I know, silly me, but gals, I really do run from any kitchen prep.

But today I thought to myself, why not make my morning iced coffee a "shake." So today I added a TBS of the protein powder, and a teaspoon of the PB powder to my usual cold press, cream and ice. AND, I found, I didn't even need a sweetener. It was SO good.

The perfect LC Brunch. Coffee covered. Protein covered. Easy peasy. Small victories, right? So for now, I will do this shake, and a LC dinner meal. Good news is, I was so satisfied by that shake, I had to make myself eat a very small and very LC dinner.

Done and satisfied for the day. Which is saying something considering where I've been loitering lately.
  #874   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 05:36

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!!

Boy it does a heart good to has us all back together!!!!!!!

Kmom- I will start from yesterday!- water Wed= 3/5
How was your soup? Did you get your ingredients?
I found what you said interesting about investing in "cybermoney. Are you talking about Bitcoin? Did you know that was started by a drug lord? Or at least that is what the theory is. It makes sense though. However I do agree with you- we are moving towards a paperless money system.
We are also moving towards a one world currency. It does make perfect sense as we are a world trading planet. Even if the doomsayers say it is a sign of the times.
We are no longer just US- with the internet we can speak in real time to people all over the planet.

Ie.... My son brought his game boy with him over the holiday. We were "hooked into"- a game that was being played with players all over the world in real time. It sorta blew me away!

Blue- as usual a real treat to wake up and find you have made up for lost time in a nice juicy post! Several things to respond to!!!
First: I loved your list of how we feel when we derail. They are all true and then some! We hate to feel all that way. I think of your list the top 2 things I hate: tight clothes or baggy to hide clothes. 2.- That bloated nauseous feeling. YUCK!

About your son- My apologizes for making him older. I guess for some reason I always thought your son was older than mine, who is 29! LOLOL- When you were describing the skill of that top notch place he is working I can see how you have that bursting momma pride!
It takes WORK to be in a stellar restaurant like that! Plus to think he got that on a walk in to boot! That is well jaw dropping! Talk about huge opportunity. He will make money- a TON of it. Sounds like he has the perfect personality to go with it as well! Good for him!! So happy he is "finding his way". You are right- the twenties were a real bit*h. I didn't like my 20's either! It was an awkward age.

You are right, re-enrty can be super hard. To go from a happy go lucky, vacay - to slamming back into reality of life can suck. But just take it one day at a time. I am glad you are feeling better! Sometimes you are right a pick me up from our kids do wonders! Does your son text? I find that my kids like to have a running conversation via text all day long. Just little snippets here and there brings a smile to my face as well.

Lastly- I appreciate as always your nuggets for me. " If ya fell like running, do it on a treadmill"!!!!!!! Oh so right! Time for the cement in the shoes. YUP agreed. Time to invest in the here and now!

Leeann- Oh I love pork in the IP! I made that New Years Eve and have the extras in my freezer! Guess what I got my DD for Christmas- a Instant Pot. She used it yesterday. I got t text from her. She said it was the VERY BEST GIFT EVER! - She made chicken tortilia soup. She said it was the "bomb". I told her- just wait until you make ribs!
Glad your soup worked out yummy. How is Induction going? I have found from my experience I hit a "hard" spot day 3. After I get past day 3, the body starts to convert to a more Keto like state and the craving go away!

How are you dealing with this winter storm your way? I heard everything was shut down your way? I love those days we are forced to stay home in pajamas!

Lori- Hoping you arrived safely at your sisters. Any big plans while you are there? When are you coming back? Is your sister LC too?

Trig- Are you kidding me? Those campsites are ALL booked though 2019? What are the private campsites? They are the paid ones with more perks? They are ALL booked?
I know RV life is very popular right now- but a YEAR in advance over Christmas? I can't fathom that! So would you consider taking your RV to a HOTEL- on the beach? HAHAHAHAH- Just trying to think outside the box for you!

Or better yet- plane tickets to Key West for Christmas! Believe it or not- that is something I have always wanted to do. Go somewhere exotic over Christmas- and forging all the crap that goes with the stress of the holiday.

I agree with Blue- you are OUR LC warrior here on THIS thread. I know you play on the serious Warrior threads. But I am so happy you can be here for us as a leader and LC strong! You amaze me too. But I get it. We carb sensitive ones need to be super careful. Don't need diabetes kicking on my door.

What on your dinner menu? Are you thinking of a word- besides Warrior Princess! HAHAHAHAH
-------------------------------------------------
All- is good here today. Just dealing with the cold like everyone else.
urghhhhhhhhh- waiting for the warm and sun!

I am on plan- and those craving have vanished for today! I have my egg protein shake for "lunch"- and am thinking chicken strips, and "rice". four carbs total.

Gotta run- feeling great! Check in later
  #875   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 06:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco my kiddo had a 2 hr delay just because it was SO cold in the morning they wanted to make sure all the busses would run so they delayed the day weather was perfect other than cold outside and funny thing is it is like 9 deg. tomorrow morning, 11 the next day and it was warmer than that on they day they gave the 2 hr delay. I just don't know on all this HA HA just crazy down here in the south.

Blue, ahhhh, I hear ya in that post of yours.
Juicy post as Jazz said I love reading all your posts for sure!

Re-entry is a b*tch, boy are those words so true!!

Your kiddo is younger and at 25 they still have so much to 'figure out' and of course as parents we want to make sure it is an easy, safe, fun, secure transition into their 'set life' plan.
OMgosh I worry about my 12 yr old kiddo on that level LOL

OH YEA BLUE FOR SURE I AM NOT ON EASY STREET at all in this way of life. I do eat wonderful, eat all I want and am full and happy but being zero carb is extremely limited. I can find a million reasons to stay put but still try to find excuses to go off plan I am just one of those that if I get a taste of what I have lost in the food world I would be off this plan, gain it all back and never do a diet again and just have to carry around the extra weight til I croak. I think one thing that holds me is knowing I won't 'diet' again. I won't and I truly realize that and it keeps me from backsliding. It is kinda like ya lost some serious lbs, now keep them the heck off at all costs I can't be a moderator at all, I have to be an abstainer. My years of doing low carb and not 'feeling it' as a settled way of eating put me here, in the Atkins induction food area and I always did my best right here. When I wandered away from induction food list I got into trouble fast so I know this is where I must be but heck if it ain't a tough place to be. I always say one thing, do I want to go backwards? And I just do not! I am not fooling myself one bit here, I know what will make this all go away and it is carbs and I just can't let them in anymore. OK just rambling, but yea, not on easy street, I am just keeping to my original saying from long ago, NO MATTER WHAT I won't go off plan.

Jazz, no hotels for us. We RV and it is what we love so we will be holding there on the rv thing

hey fast one now cause kiddo is a pain right now on 'where is this and that' she needs for school etc.....omgosh come on bus, get here fast now HA

I guess I need a word for 2018. thinking on it

off I go, will be back later

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Jan-04-18 at 06:27.
  #876   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 08:17

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

What a morning! I left my house at 6:30AM to head to my sister's. The further east and south I went, the more it snowed. I was determined to put my head down and get there. Well.....I was about an hour from home when I rounded a corner and all I saw ahead of me was a string of taillights with a police car with flashers going at the rear. I decided it was time to surrender and come home. I was lucky to be at a spot where I could turn around. A bit further down the road and I would have been stuck sitting on the highway. I called my sister and she said it was snowing really hard and wind blowing like crazy. She was worried that I was caught out in that. We are both disappointed, but realize when to just write it off. Plus, the high temperatures will be in the single digits all weekend so we couldn't have enjoyed going out and doing anything anyway.

So, I had a 2 hour drive this morning for nothing! Oh well....just happy to be in my recliner and not stuck sitting in traffic in the freezing cold.

Blue....your son's new job sounds fabulous! Being a professional waiter in an upscale restaurant is a challenging job for sure! I'm sure he'll do well.

Trig...sorry you're having trouble booking your vacation for next winter. Who would have known that places were booked solid already!!??

I wish I had the ingredients to make my LC chili, but I don't. Really don't feel like going to the store either, so I guess I'll have to find something else to make. I'm glad some of you are enjoying the Vanilla egg white protein powder. I find it very tasty. Maybe I'll have a shake today for something different.

Ok....that's what's happening in my world. Hope you all stay safe & warm this weekend!
  #877   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 09:35

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

KMom- Very interesting that you are investing in cryptocurrency! Good for you for being informed and on the cutting edge. Once we get out of the major expenses of life (read: college) we might be turning more toward being willing to try things like that.

Blue- Excellent list and so true, all of it.

WOW on your son and his initiative. I *love* to see that in young people. Many in their generation don't seem to have that in them, but then again perhaps it has always been that way. But still, you have EVERY right to be proud and I am so glad for him!

I had to look up Chad and Jeremy- hadn't heard of them! lol

Jaz- Have a great day today at work. How is the morale there right now? Your boss is such a piece of work!

Lori- I'm sorry you didn't make it to your sister's but VERY glad that you were able to turn around and get back home safely. Now stay there! You have a few days off work so that's nice!

Trig- It is crazy the cold you guys are dealing with there in the south. This has been quite a grip of arctic air we've all been under.

You know, it is easy for me to forget that what you are doing is hard. You make it look easy but I know it isn't and it is a choice for you every single day. Your commitment is staggering!

•••••••••

We have a snow day today which is great- who doesn't love a snow day? The irony is that we have quite literally a coating a snow - maybe a half inch? Quarter inch? Blustery winds etc though. The Eastern Shore is getting hammered though- strong winds and a good foot of snow expected I believe.

Hoping for a good snowfall sometime this winter. We had a really big winter three years ago and then almost nothing since. I'd like a good half foot.

Other than that, things are cruising along fine here. On day four of induction today and it is going smoothly thus far- no headaches, no feeling draggy.. which is odd because lord knows I should be going through all kinds of withdrawals. I'll take it!

I've got my soup and pulled pork around for meals and will likely do shaved steaks for dinner (on rolls for the menfolk.)
  #878   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 17:44

BF:

Hello Ladies- or good afternoon!

Leeann- OMG you WANT SNOW?????? HAHAHA. I thought YOU got hammered and Lori was in the clear. Funny how the weather channel does that! I hope you get a little snow!

Lori- I am SO SO SO happy you turned around! Better 2 hours wasted than a world of hurt!
I am sure you will something good to do with your time off. Maybe go get stuff to make Chili!

Trig- I am right there with on needing LC- period. I am like the horse with blinders on - not looking either direction when I am in my zone. When I am off the rails- it's off the rails. thankfully I am with blinders MOST days!

I get on on RV life. You are one of those....... - thing is maybe someday I can be too. It would scratch my gypsy itch. I dream of taking a year on the road- in a RV, in UPSCALE RV places. Traveling the country. Just a year when I can afford to before retirement to decide where I want to retire. I could SO do that!

Blue/ KMOM- 4/5 today and going- will get in one more at least
-----------------------------------------------------------
Today was CRAZY at work. Yet another switch in process. We went back to what we were doing BEFORE all the scheduling went away. So they are all back to scheduling again.

Morale? - I was and am their biggest cheerleader. I was in meetings all day hammering out process again, and others meeting to reassure.

As I was walking out the door my boss said hey come here a second. Then she says" hey thanks for being here today!!!! I could not have gotten through without you here!"- I MIGHT have believed her had she not forgotten my NAME and TITLE to the lady we were interviewing yesterday. I kid you not. She went to introduce me and froze. I just stepped in and finished it again for her. I am now wondering if she is losing it or there is a real issue. Enough of that- sorry- not my circus remember.

Feel REALLY awesome physically today. Had some good sleep- shake- 20 minutes of moving around.

Was REALLY tired on way home. Stopped and got a rotisserie chicken and a bag of spinach- made a huge chicken salad over small bed of greens and topped with ranch. YUM good- and FULL.
Shake for lunch- kitchen closed.

Ok- gotta run- wind blown here like crazy. Next week I am taken a 4 day weekend. Want to ask to work from home Friday. Then won't go back until Wed. So that will be light Friday- off Sat/ Sun/ Mon/ Tue- 4 days ALL to ME!!!!!!!

We get Martin Luther King Day off on Monday as a paid day off- then I took Tue off for my birthday! I love that my birthday falls day after his- I usually get a extra day for my birthday! I will take at least 1 day maybe 2 and not get outta pajamas. I have been gone last 3 week ends. NEED some ME time.

Ok all- laser focused- and purposeful in everyday today!

Kmom= Chugging
Blue=
Lori= perservance
Leeann- Distilled (You can fill in Blue/ Trig)
Jaz= Purposeful
Trig=

heres to a GREAT 2018- we are in in gals- swinging to WIN it
  #879   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 18:31

BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Jaz---I saw some amazing pix of snow in Savannah GA today. Fountains frozen solid! What temps are you guys at there? This eastern winter storm front is really something. At least when it happens here, we know what to do with it. And fast, as opposed to all the articles about how debilitating a couple of inches of snow in the south is. Har dee har, we laugh at this in the north. We had a lovely sunny day temps around 10 degrees. No wind. No snow. No storm. Not bad.

Yeah, of course my son texts, in fact that's what he mostly does, it's me who doesn't. I know, I'm such a luddite in some ways. I have his dad text him to tell him to check for an e-mail from me. I like the longer form of it. BUT, I am going to get a new fancy phone soon and learn to text. My current cell is over 7 years old and I only use it for safety reasons at night or on the highway. But, decided I need to up my game a bit, mostly for reasons stated, fun to hear tidbits from the kid, and send some back. And I want a bigger numbers screen for making calls. My current cell has small numbers and w/my paws it's like an elephant trying to sit on the head of a pin.

And, I'm with you, looking chubby in clothing and that over stuffed feeling are my two best motivators to get back to LC.

Trigger---Again, if ZC were all that easy I wouldn't be so impressed by how well you stick to it. I like the way you think about it. "This is it, and that's that." You take a lot of questioning and temptation out of the picture when you keep it simple, no questions, no arguments.

HAHA. Lord, do I ever remember those "getting the kid out of the house for school w/everything needed" days. Not to mention pulling my NOT morning kid out of bed every day at 7AM. Honestly, easier to pull melted gum off the dashboard than pull that kid out of bed. And I don't miss that part. Remember often thinking that the day has hardly started and I'm irritated as heck.

Nic---Sounds like you're rolling along on induction just fine w/no bad side effects for the transition. Other than when I first started LC 5 years ago---total shock to this carb hound's system--- I too don't feel any bad sad effects of getting back on plan, only good ones.

Happy for you that things are back to normal, guests gone, holiday lists over, space and place both yours again.

BTW, congrats on making your reading goal this year. That was aggressive! Good to demand a bit less of yourself this year in that regard, but bet you exceed your lesser goal. I am reading a lot these days. I always do, but in these last weeks and months it has been a more needed escape than ever.

Lori---Oh boy, I read the news of the storm early this morning and thought of you. You were smart to "Surrender Dorothy!" to that mess. Particularly since your reward for getting there on the wild pony express would be being shut in anyway. Hope you have some nice relaxing days at home to make up for it.

K-mom---Hey girl, not so bad here weather wise compared to the east coast huh? Actually a very pretty winter day today. I can deal w/the cold. But I don't want more snow. Hubby is leaving for a week soon, and I've got my fingers crossed we don't have any big snow storms, because he is my snow blower. LOL, he wouldn't let me touch the thing, and for good reason.

Wednesday water: Not good. Don't have my head into it yet, even though I'm only asking 3 tall glasses of myself. Going to put 2/3 on the record, but hoping to get in one more glass.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, today I actually had a work appointment, and had to spruce up and get out, which was good for me. Came home and started to tackle what I couldn't do yesterday, and made some good progress. Still, so many things I need to do, but I tell myself it's OK to ascend at a slower yet constant rate.

Day 2 on plan. And to detail that plan a bit, I would like to stick to 20 or under NCs a day for the next 2 weeks. I don't do so great on induction per say, do better being able to choose my carbs, wherever they come from, but keep 'em at 20 or under.

The way I'm going to execute this plan is w/a shake or two ONLY during the day, and then one LC meal for dinner. Today I had 2 shakes--- my iced coffee and cream w/protein powder and PB powder. (About 5 or 6 carbs in total.) Really enjoying these and that protein powder really keeps hunger at bay.

Dinner will be a pork chop, and a cup of Lemon chicken soup, which will cost me about 12 NCs for the soup. I should come in today at about 17 NCs. I can already feel the bloat going down. And that's the thing, this woe gives back relatively fast, if not always on the scale, definitely on the bloat and how I feel---better, lighter.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Jan-04-18 at 22:23.
  #880   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 18:39

BF:
Progress:

Hey Jaz, we cross posted.

SIGH on your boss. Clueless is the word that comes to mind regarding her. I continue to encourage you to not make that your circus. (Thanks Nic for such an excellent analogy.) And I remind myself to take my own advice as it applies to my life.

Seems like we're all off to a good start in this new year. Yay on your good day on plan, and on feeling better for it. Me too.

And yeah, don't have my word yet. Thinking. LOL, a couple of weeks ago I thought my word might be "simplicity." But then I said to myself, who are you kidding? There's nothing about these coming times that's going to be "simplicity" so why set myself up for failure?

Still thinking, thinking on my word. It will reveal itself to me, just waiting for incoming spiritual e-mail.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Jan-04-18 at 19:55.
  #881   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 22:01

BF:

wow Lori that was some road trip

glad you are home safe and sound.

I remember one time in deep snow after work when I lived in Clarks Summit, PA, I had to climb a very steep mountain road. I had to gun it to get even part way up til I just slid right back down and I was happy as hell I slid back down cause up over the top came an eighteen-wheeler who then was sliding sideways the whole way down this long steep road to the bottom where I was backing up my car at warp speed and sliding all around but I got out of the way.....then I said to myself I have to get the heck home so I got around him and went up that hill road hog wild but made it and by the time I got home I was shaking in my high heels I tell ya I hate snow driving anymore and will never do it again in 'real snow'...what we get here isn't that bad truly but always worried about the big old ice storms down here. So fingers crossed no ice storms for anyone, you can't fight those in any way.

Nicco so glad induction is going so well for you!!
My hubby's friend at work said this is gonna be a big bad winter storm winter....oh crap, hope he is wrong

Got a call from school. 2 hr delay tomorrow cause it will be like 5 deg in the morning and again, the busses....told hubby this is gonna be a freaking wild ride for her winter school time if they are doing this....2 hr delay for a cold morning? crazy times

Happy birthday coming Jaz At my age now of 56 I just basically stopped counting and just kinda let the b-days go by quietly.

Today was hubby's b-day and I forgot LOL I let him buy $140 sunglasses at the beach and said happy b-day cause this is your present and then I go and forget to say happy bday today to him til kiddo got home from school and said, hey dad's bday and I went, ooooh, ut oh......told him on his next days off I will take him out to dinner anywhere he wants, somewhere different and he is picking this Mushroom 'something' Italian place some guy at work likes. No clue what I will be eating?? oh boy but I will get thru it somehow.

Blue, I see a protein shake keeps hunger at bay and for me it takes a big old ribeye to keep hunger at bay. Amazed you guys can do shakes. A shake never would fill me up in anyway ever. I need real food in my life at all times, I think that is why zc is so attractive, I can eat big and never bloat out or gain, but when I eat big I am not losing the last lbs I want to lose either. have to think on it I think I am leaning out but not going down a size tho and I still want one more size down. ugh it probably means 'diet mode' but my gosh my head can't get into it again but will think about all of it later...later, as in put off thinking about it all HA

Sounds like everyone is doing very well!!!

I can't think of a word other than FREEDOM which will apply to me this year. Holding my freedom from carbs, lifestyle change which means more true freedom, freedom from drama and BS in my life which I have mostly gotten rid of all that crap now and just plain freedom to do as I see fit with my life, do as I want, when I want and how I want and not listen to any outside crap that doesn't improve our lives here and just live it all on my own terms.

yea, freedom is the word for me this year LOL
  #882   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 22:54

BF:
Progress:

Trig---I love your word for the new year, seems to suit everything I've heard from you in the last year. Feeling free and floating light is indeed a great goal.

LOL, on forgetting hubby's actual B'day, although you took care of him earlier w/ very nice, judging from the price, sunglasses. Love that the kiddo reminded you that THIS was the day. Like you guys, our nuclear family is a tight little threesome, and we need every one of us to keep up with the rest of us. We are, like you, a "three legged stool" and if you take any one of us away, things are not balanced. So great that your kiddo is stepping up to take her place.

I am still at a loss for my word. Like so much else, it will have to be revealed to me, in good time.
  #883   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 23:27

BF:
Progress:

Oh, and as for the shakes, have you ever tried one?

I don't need to actually chew to make me happy. I just need to not feel hungry, in mind or stomach, and I am finding that protein shakes go a long way in this way. Hey, I'm coming off a carb bender, so for me right now, the shakes are a blessing, and they are working. For now.

Just cannot eat meat all the live long day. Too much for me. But works very well for you.

Really don't think it matters how we get that job done. You have found your way, and done so well on it. Seems to fit you like a well tailored suit.

I'm looking for the same, in my way. I find that as long as I'm not out and about socially, which right now we are not, I don't have many cravings---even after these past weeks of indulging. This I consider a Godsend. Seems if I'm not put in front of it, I don't miss it.

You'd think after all the carbs I have ingested in these last few weeks, my cravings would be increased. But, they are not. They just go away when back home, minus the holidays, and faced w/daily choices. Again, I consider this a Godsend. Treats have never increased my cravings the next day. After 5 years living mostly on a LC lifestyle, I seem to have some kind of interior clock. It turns on, it turns off.

Like you, but in a different way, I too have my rules of the road that are comfortable for me, and fit who I am. There are so many ways to do this with more success than failure. I'm grateful for that, and for it working for you the way ZC does.

The important thing is, for both of us my dear pal, is that we NOT go too far backwards. EVER. And so far, I think we are both doing this, in our own ways. Which is why I LOVE the "our way" part of this thread.

It is SO interesting to me to hear how we all battle this, take what we can from each other, and forge our own paths at the same time. Not to mention, it is so fun to hear about our lives outside of our struggles on LC. It's ALL a part of how we live, and how we support each other.

I know you believe in this, as surely as I do.
  #884   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 23:33

BF:

oh yea I did 'slim fast' and then did some protein shake diet long ago.

I am one who must chew.

A glass of anything to drink is not a meal to me ever

plus I tried those fiber drinks and omg I almost had to go to the hospital they plugged me up so bad and the pain was intense and I vowed never would I touch 'the healthy fiber' crap ever again in my life HAHA

I wish a shake would satisfy me but it never will.
I want food and alot of it LOL

oh yea you will hit a good word that will suit your new year happening!
I have been wanting true freedom here for a long time, this year I am putting things into effect to make that happen so it suited me now to make it a year mojo word I guess

You guys are so lucky on the carbs. I am just not that person to go into carb land and come out alive and well and back on plan. I wish I had less insulin resistance but I am one of those sensitives I guess...yea, me, it stinks LOL
  #885   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-18, 05:18

BF:

OH HAPPY FRIDAY!
My favorite day of the week!!!!!

Trig- I love your word it Freedom. It fits you!!!!! I too love hearing about we all are getting to "goal". Each in our own way! Hence LC OUR WAY!
I think it's funny the kiddo reminded ya of hubby birthday! I know you will find SOMETHING on plan to eat. However it is rough at an Italian place. It can be done! I usually go for a chicken caesar said when in situations that don't serve steak. Hope that is an option for you.
Like you - pasta would have me off the rails on the first bite. Can't go there. Like you I HAVE to watch my blood sugars- my poor pancreas.
You sound really good- and content for it being gray and cold out. SPRING is coming I promise!

Blue- I to can do a shake. I don't need to chew. As long as something gets in there I don't care, I just don't like the hungries.
As a matter of fact- perfect Segway: So I started doing the shakes at work and 3 gals took notice. So yesterday I need up piling them into my car for a "field trip" to Sprouts at lunch time yesterday to help them buy shake products.

I found them and pick up more myself. I am going to try the dutch chocolate this time. Still the same egg white mixture MRM- carbs 1.
So now 4 of us are doing shakes at work! They loved it.
I am enjoying them- quick no thoughts, and they fill the spot.

back to you Blue- I am sure your word will come! Yes you and I have major transitions coming at us fast. But I am SURE we will both adapt. Change is never comfortable, but it can be ok when we land on the other side.

I know we all need to have our own words. As they are personal to us. I see you however in the storm- forging forward, holding your umbrella- against the wind and moving forward. Eventually it stops raining. Just not yet.

Leeann- YAY on you to start induction, and no sugar withdrawals!!!!
You got this! Do you want to lose? Or maintain?
Did you ever get ANY of that snow that came your way? Any plans for the weekend?

Also I agree with Blue- If I ever got to inherit a huge company- I would want you to run it, from HOME!!!!! You thrive in the details! Me not so much. I want to get to point A to B- in the shortest amount of time.

Lori- hoping you are warm and taking a few days to yourself! Much deserved.

KMOM- How did the soup turn out for you? Are you working out now? What do you do during the day when your SD isn't there? Do you have any hobbies? How is your knees doing lately? Have you ever thought about gene therapy? That is the big thing here. Something to think about.

Water Thur 5/5- Yes Ma'am!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------
I don't have much time this morning. I have an interview first thing this morning. And I need to leave earlier. I will pop back in this afternoon.
I am feeling really good. No bloat!!!

Wishing for Spring!!!!- Want to tell ya all about what I am doing this week end- so I will leave this as a cliff hanger!!!

BRB
Closed Thread