Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 13:20

Plan: best for losing weight
Stats: 128/128/110
BF:?
Progress: 0%
Default To All

Just like I posted before, I was adding info on some Site I went to on diet and exercise, If I offended anyone I am Truly sorry. Anyhow I am not stuck on my self, nor am I unhappy with my body, What I meant was when I say God I feel fat or I wish I could loose some weight, People always say I wish I had your body, So I am not stuck on my self, I just want to get in shape because I am Leaving for Disney in August, People do alot of walking at those parks, I was only on this site for a little insite of what other people do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I went out this weekend and bought one of those fancy Treadmill's that have ifit.com built in to it so I can go to this site on the home wireless internet I have, so I have been doing these 30 minute workouts every night, WOW you can even see all the calories you are burning ITS GET, So again I apologize for any discomfort.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 13:36

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Re: To All

Quote:
Originally posted by princess1
I was only on this site for a little insite of what other people do

Go back and read your first post in the other thread as though it were written by someone else. Does that really strike you as coming from someone that is looking for insight into what other people do?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 14:03

Plan: best for losing weight
Stats: 128/128/110
BF:?
Progress: 0%
Default Reply

I don't need to go back and read some of my post, I posted the carb thing because I had just got of the web site, What is wrong with you people, I feel I need to go to a chat room for people that are at least polite, and wanting to loose a few pounds, Obviously you are not in the best of moods, because my response was to apolize, not keep getting kicks when I'm down.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 14:28

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

My apologies - I probably should have been more explicit in my post. I wasn't trying to kick you while you are down. What I was trying to do was to help you see why your post got the reaction that it got. You said that your motive was one thing and I was hoping that, by reading your own post as though it were from someone else, you might see how it did not come across as being remotely driven by that motive.

The purely written word is easy to misunderstand (as occured with my previous reply in this thread) and I was merely trying to provide an opportunity for you to see if there might have been a better way to make that post so as to convey your actual motive for making it.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 14:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%

I am not going to kick you so dont be afraid:

This is one of the few places where people actually support one another on the journey to health via weight loss via low carb dieting. Most of these forums are pretty crappy and this one is a good one.
The low carb plans we all use are really specific as to what we can and cant eat. Many folks cant lose weight any other way.
I too have lost weight without low carbing by just exercising and watching calories. Not everyone is so lucky. Now I am trying this method to keep weight off.
Like you said you dont have much to lose if anything, and the treadmill you just bought will get you there.-good for you!
If you decide to get rid of it I would love to get one myself!
The only insight I have to offer you is that the no pasta rice or other complex carbs have benefitted me incredibly. You probably dont need that program so enjoy the one you are on, and read what folks have to say here then chime in- good luck
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 15:30

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%
Default Re: To All

Quote:
Originally posted by princess1
I was only on this site for a little insite of what other people do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

Hi Princess, wish you luck. There are actually lots of people on this site who only have a few pounds to lose, and, if you are wondering what 'other people do' - well, the people who hang out in these forums do low-carb. That's what everyone is here to discuss.