Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-10-17, 02:25

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 154/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: -7%
Default Vlc /zc

Anyone still trying VLC / ZC? Would be good to have buddies, even if you'd like to try it for a short while.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-11-17, 05:13

Plan: DDF, P:E
Stats: 237.5/179.4/150 Female 64
BF:55.7%/47.5%/?
Progress: 66%

What do you call VLC? I try to do under 15g a day. Usually from veggies. I would miss my veggies too much to give them up.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-11-17, 11:30

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 154/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: -7%

As far as I know, the typical definition of VLC on this forum (or other forums ) is under 5 grams, but hey, I can't see 15 grams to be an issue ...
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-05-19, 11:40

Plan: ZC Carnivore 100%
Stats: 170/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default Vlc/zc

Anyone else eating this way? This is Mo. Been carnivore exclusively in the past for months at a time but am now beginning again with just meat & some cheese, wondering if anyone else is traveling down this WOE road.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-27-19, 22:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Would Vic - say 5 grams - allow you to lose weight faster? Or even zc. I must be missing something. I eat about 20 carbs or less a day. I致e lost 17 lbs very slowly. About 8 months. ~. 2 lbs/ month. I知 good w: that. NSVs have been good and my energy and health is great. This is the Way To Eat. Just wondering the benefits of zc. Don稚 get me wrong, I知 interested in it and want to learn.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-28-19, 05:11

BF:

I'm not a spokesperson for ZC here. I find few ZC here who have been ZC long enough to reap significant benefits. I found thousands of worldwide ZC success practitioners elsewhere on the internet especially in Facebook. Try checking those places. I eat ZC as a way of life, not fast weight loss. I do it for all types of well-being, release from hunger, and health so my focus is free from food obsession & rapid weight loss. I will add one thing ... No one puts on a lot 9f weight fast. It took time to gain it, it will take time to lose it. My concern is helping my body recover from my history of dieting and abuse of my body by not really considering its needs as supreme. Good luck finding the help you want.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-28-19, 07:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Desert Mo, I totally agree that LC WOE is a much healthier way to eat and our bodies to heal and become healthy. That is why I restarted - as well as losing a bit of weight along the way. Added benefit. I知 66 and want to be as healthy as I can. I値l research ZC some. I知 happy w/ my direction of health. Blood work in a few weeks. Anxious to see numbers.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-28-19, 09:13

BF:

I'm 73. I'm ZC mostly because my body is badly affected by lifelong dieting, so most LC plans dont work for me. I admire the Atkins diet as given in Atkins first book, 1972. It worked splendidly for me then to lose all my extra weight in a few short months but im not in my 20s anymore & i didnt stay LC then .

I saw it as a diet. Once i lost the weight i did the worst thing that i could have done, i stopped being LC. I treated it like a diet, off once i hit goal. Have done that on every "diet" I've been on since age 16.

I'm ZC now because my body cannot use even a few carbs wisely. Those few carbs, say in lettuce for salad, create hunger an hour later, just as HC eating does.

My journal here documents my history & why I am doing as I am today. Been here since 2015.

But all I need to know about ZC I learned from the journals of two here years ago who are not here now, O Susanna & "the Bear." I followed the later best ZC examples of years experience from here to Facebook & more than a few other online sites. Google "zero carb" or "carnivore" to locate.

I write in my journal here just my experience & what I practice from others. I do not try to change anyone from LC to ZC, for LC works for many if they have patience to stick with it for the long haul & don't jump around changing often what they eat, trying to control progress to see what they want to see in trusting the scale as their only guide. I made that mistake, so ...

Best wishes!
Desert Mo
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-19, 10:34
Clueless. ODAAT.

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 290.6/290.6/180 Female 5'10"
BF:I do not care!
Progress: 0%

I am pretty much zero carb most days - let's get active again and support each other!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-19, 11:17

BF:

Good idea!
(See? I'm baaack in ALCF! Somehow my password was invalidated. Had to get a new one. )
Later, gator.
Mo
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-19, 18:29

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

I've been following a meat mostly diet. I still do my bullet proof coffee. I'm looking mainly for pain management and body sculpting
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-19, 20:14

Plan: One
Stats: 345/294.4/160 Female 64
BF:Yes
Progress: 27%

I would like to try it for a while to combat severe inflammation/pain that I have right now. I'm just starting out on a 36 hour fasting protocol (goal). I may just be desperate enough to do it. Then on to the ZC.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-19, 17:26

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

There's quite a bit of information on YouTube. It's been a valuable resource for me. Biohackers, and Dr Ken Berry, to name a couple.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-22, 07:30

Plan: Meat based
Stats: 136/120.2/114 Female 5 feet. 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 72%

So I found this challenge started in 2017 and thought I'd start posting here for accountability.

Here we go!
Food prepared this morning

Seasoned Ground beef
Boiled eggs
Pan fried chicken strips in olive oil

Need to stock up on veggies. Thinking iceberg lettuce, cucumbers and celery. I used to make a lot of chicken and tuna salad with celery and seasonings. I need to get back to having these items on hand.

Last edited by ForeverLC : Thu, Jan-13-22 at 07:52.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-22, 10:44

Plan: Meat based
Stats: 136/120.2/114 Female 5 feet. 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 72%

2 boiled eggs
Tea

Smoked Tuna pouch

Last edited by ForeverLC : Thu, Jan-13-22 at 12:58.