Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1126   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 07:00

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default day 76

re-listened to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr-8CRDTkxc last night.

It's going to take a lot of listenings to gain some understanding.
Sponsored Links
  #1127   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 13:57

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Commitment is : at least 30 minutes walking as base exercise every single day for 90 days, began July 15
Aug 3 30 minute walking video and onward
Aug 4 45 minute walking video and on
Aug 5 Saturday 45 minute walking video and nice walk outdoors
August 6 Sunday 45 minute walking video and 3 hour bird watching walk with friends -- heavenly!!

August 9 Wednesday 30 minute video not really into it, but did it, then 15 minutes upper arm -- ooooooo, it hurts so good!!
August 10 Thursday 45 minutes in good sweaty form, and 15 minutes upper arm, very sore in a good way! Think I'm getting somewhere. This is making a difference!
August 11 Friday 30 minutes walking and 10 minutes upper arm
August 12 Saturday lackidaisical 30 minutes of walking, and a good stretch. We'll be outside today and get more movement in.

Indeed, we took the dog and a neighbors dog (neighbor out of town) for a walk, and then went for the afternoon to a nearby nature reserve, where we also did some walking.
August 13 Sunday 30 minutes walking video
August 14 Monday 45 minute walking video. Sweated. Supposed to be three miles but my fit bit only shows 2.6 -- probably because I did upper arm exercises at the same time which are a bit slower. Still got the heart rate up several times.
August 15 Tuesday 30 minute walking video with good engagement -- this is the one month mark!! WOW!
August 16 Wedneday 30 minute walking video with not such great enthusiasm
August 17 Thursday 45 minute walking video with enthusiasm!!
August 18 Friday 25 minute walking video -- tried a different one today -- different from the 6 or 7 I usually select from on you tube, and it didn't really do it for me, no sweating, so I added a 5 minute arm toning thing, now I feel the buzzing in my neck where I had whip lash two years ago. Not doing that again. The buzzing will go away in a few days with carefull movement and stretching. Back to my plain oldies but goodies.
August 19 Saturday 45 minute walking video with enthusiasm. Then went to the ag show and had a good walking day. No neck pain or buzzing.
August 20 Sunday 45 minute walking video with enthusiasm -- took some new arrivals to the nearby nature reserve and showed them the sites, was a treat -- and the bumpy road gave me thousands of steps -- funny....still, I'll ignore that.
August 21 Monday 45 minute walking video, good energy!
August 22 Tueday 45 Minute walking video, OK not great (me, not the video, which was fine)
August 23 Wednesday 45 minutes walking ivideo and upper arms for and addition 7

August 24 Thursday 30 minutes slept in till 5:00 after late night , friends who just wouldn't go home I'm such a wimp!
  #1128   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 08:23

BF:

More Paticca Samuppada last night never tire of listening to this monk Sahdu! Bhante Punnaji https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkWPn5malB4
  #1129   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 20:46

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default Day 1

I am back, having stopped the insanity - I couldn't do that schedule.
I think what I'd like to do here is find something that make me smile or makes me happy daily. Simple.

Today it is starting to pack and get rid of things - the homeowner left for Australia today for the last time and I can get back to my life. I am clearing things out and giving stuff away - covering and putting away what is already clean so it STAYS clean.
Kat
  #1130   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-17, 07:39

BF:
Default day 78

welcome back Kat. I listened to this last evening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZNxbEKf6LA
  #1131   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-17, 18:56

BF:
Default day 79

Listened to this talk last evening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ttuGfgzSk
  #1132   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-17, 21:51

Commitment is : at least 30 minutes walking as base exercise every single day for 90 days, began July 15
August 6 Sunday 45 minute walking video and 3 hour bird watching walk with friends -- heavenly!!

August 9 Wednesday 30 minute video not really into it, but did it, then 15 minutes upper arm -- ooooooo, it hurts so good!!
August 10 Thursday 45 minutes in good sweaty form, and 15 minutes upper arm, very sore in a good way! Think I'm getting somewhere. This is making a difference!
August 12 Saturday lackidaisical 30 minutes of walking, and a good stretch. We'll be outside today and get more movement in.

Indeed, we took the dog and a neighbors dog (neighbor out of town) for a walk, and then went for the afternoon to a nearby nature reserve, where we also did some walking.
August 14 Monday 45 minute walking video. Sweated. Supposed to be three miles but my fit bit only shows 2.6 -- probably because I did upper arm exercises at the same time which are a bit slower. Still got the heart rate up several times.
August 15 Tuesday 30 minute walking video with good engagement -- this is the one month mark!! WOW!
August 18 Friday 25 minute walking video -- tried a different one today -- different from the 6 or 7 I usually select from on you tube, and it didn't really do it for me, no sweating, so I added a 5 minute arm toning thing, now I feel the buzzing in my neck where I had whip lash two years ago. Not doing that again. The buzzing will go away in a few days with carefull movement and stretching. Back to my plain oldies but goodies.
August 19 Saturday 45 minute walking video with enthusiasm. Then went to the ag show and had a good walking day. No neck pain or buzzing.
August 20 Sunday 45 minute walking video with enthusiasm -- took some new arrivals to the nearby nature reserve and showed them the sites, was a treat -- and the bumpy road gave me thousands of steps -- funny....still, I'll ignore that.
August 22 Tueday 45 Minute walking video, OK not great (me, not the video, which was fine)

August 24 Thursday 30 minutes slept in till 5:00 after late night , friends who just wouldn't go home I'm such a wimp!
August 25 Friday tired and used my hour for walking for sleeping in, and did outside walking later in the day. It was lovely to have that time to reallocate.
August 26 Saturday outside walking -- winter is going, and I may start doing more of this on the weekend, but the key now is actually repaying my sleep debt and getting back to my baseline walking which I have committed to.
August 27 Sunday 45 minutes walking video, outside later in the day
August 28 Monday 45 minute walking video and arm work; yay! Back in the groove!
August 29 Tuesday 30 minute walking video. No enthusiasm
August 30 Wednesday DIDN'T Walk slept in, conference started at 8:30 so I slept in. Thats the second day I haven't walked since starting.

Last edited by Mama Sebo : Wed, Aug-30-17 at 10:21.
  #1133   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-17, 07:46

BF:
Default day 80

listened to this last evening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbsTOAlw2II bro. Billy Tan
  #1134   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 05:59

BF:

Listened to this last evening http://youtu.be/aa-N5iOraGc

also much time on cushion waiting for new iPhone to update ha!
  #1135   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 05:50

BF:
Default day 82

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-6Q6FN-NE was listened to last night. I've heard this one before and bookmarked it. It's very succinct. I also have been practicing 6R-ing in the car on the way to work, actually before work yesterday when I was blocked into my parking space by a garbage truck. Thanks garbage truck! Good teacher.
  #1136   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 08:20

Plan: Healthy Living
Stats: 196/146/125 Female 5ft3in
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default day 1

Well I am going to try this again-this time I am only going to try to kick one bad habit, NUTS.

I can't eat just one. It is my greatest weakness! I eat one and before I know it the whole can will be gone.

So here goes- Day 1-no nuts!
  #1137   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 05:01

BF:
Default day 83

welcome back jeannette - altho not for long term practice I am also avoiding almonds and peanuts for a period of time, planning on adding them back in high doeses for short intervals to see what happens - I totally get staying away from them completely tho as it's easy to eat thousands of calories in a single sitting, at least for me it is. We'll see how it goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-6Q6FN-NE watch this again last night but fell asleep, also a couple good short sittings in car in a fasted state, good for mediation being fasted I think - more alert and bright mind for me.
  #1138   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 14:16

Thanks garbage truck.
  #1139   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 14:17

August 25 Friday tired and used my hour for walking for sleeping in, and did outside walking later in the day. It was lovely to have that time to reallocate.
August 26 Saturday outside walking -- winter is going, and I may start doing more of this on the weekend, but the key now is actually repaying my sleep debt and getting back to my baseline walking which I have committed to.
August 27 Sunday 45 minutes walking video, outside later in the day
August 28 Monday 45 minute walking video and arm work; yay! Back in the groove!
August 29 Tuesday 30 minute walking video. No enthusiasm
August 30 Wednesday DIDN'T Walk slept in, conference started at 8:30 so I slept in. Thats the second day I haven't walked since starting.
August 31 Thursday 45 minute and then 30 minute video! wow! Back in the groove, just needed a day off! Good lesson
  #1140   ^
Old Fri, Sep-01-17, 05:19

BF:
Default day 84

again with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-6Q6FN-NE dropped he needle in a different spot, each time a bit forward from the last.
Closed Thread