Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-02, 15:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/188/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Anybody Near Grimsby, Ontario

Hi
Just found this forum and it is soooooooo cool....I haven't decided which program I will try....but boy do I have alot to thinkabout....I am 51yrs old and have been trying to lose weight on WW123 with little luck...Did a carb addicts test and I scored very high so. If I elimate carbs that may help me get my metabolism moving and lose the weight I want to lose...
tweetybird
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 07:27

Plan: Atkins, Radient Health
Stats: 176/146/127
BF:44%/?%/23%
Progress: 61%

Hi tweetybird

I live in Stoney Creek just off the Q.E.W. so not too far from you. I started low carbing a year ago but stopped here and there and now am trying to start up again. Are you looking for someone close by for support or what? I find that this site is a great place for any info you might need.

How's it going so far?

Suzali
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 08:33

BF:

Hi
Great to hear from you. I have been looking for a buddy to start up with. I gained 10lbs this month due to all the stress in my life.
I am starting up today....
Yes I would love to have a buddy for support and ideas.
Love to hear from you soon...
Tweetybird
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 07:17
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi! I'm in St Catharines - but I have no car and no life.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 14:07

BF:
Smile

Hi
Great to hear from you. Sorry you have no car...but you definitely have alife!!!!!!
You have buses around there? don't you?
Do you live close to Fairview or Pen Centre?

What plan are you on?
Want to be buddies?

tweetybird
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 17:02
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey Tweety!

I live right downtown. If you're ever in the area, feel free to PM me and we can do coffee or something.

Buddies? Sure! I don't have any buddies on the board. You can add me to your buddy list, although I haven't used the buddy list yet and I have no idea what it does.

My plan is basically protein power, though it's been months since I read it. I took it out of the library last spring. I might buy PPLP. Basically, I try to limit myself to 60g of carbs per day, since I'm pretty much at my goal. I occasionally go higher if I'm out at the bar. I aim for 80g protein per day, but it's usually more like 60-70. I also try to have at least three servings of veggies per day, though I've been negligent in that department this week.

Have a good weekend!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 07:48

Hi tweety,

I'm glad to see that Kristine has replied to you. I haven't been on the computer so that's why I haven't responded. I probably wouldn't make much of a buddy because of that. Kristine sounds like she really has this LCing thing down pat.
If you don't mind being an occasional buddy that's great, like I said I don't get to the pc very often. I think I better reread my LCing books again and refresh what I should be doing. Basically I'm starting over from scratch.
The one thing I did do is sign up for a pilates class in Grimsby actually. I start Tuesday. I took it last spring and it really made me feel better. Do you live anywhere near the West part of Grimsby? It's a great class.

Take care!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 12:09

Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

Hi Tweety, I'm not much use as a buddy for you, but your post caught my eye.
I grew up and went to school in Grimsby, England.
I wonder if your Grimsby was named by people emigrating from here, like lots of towns in the USA and Canada are?
What sort of place is Grimsby and where is it?

Grimsby, England is a fishing port on the East coast. Until fairly recently, most of the men worked as fishermen or on the docks somehow.
Just curious!

All the best with LCing, take care, Jay
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 17:09

BF:

Hi
Nice to hear from you. Grimsby is not a fishing town..Population 20,000.
It is a quiet town on Lake Ontario...one of the great lakes.
It is close to Niagara Falls, Ontario.

Nice to hear from you...hope to hear from you later...

take care
tweetybird
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 17:19

BF:

Hi Suzali

Great to hear from you. Where are you taking pilates? I live near the lake by Bartlett and the QEW. Do you know where that is?
I have thought of taking pilates...but I have to be very careful I don't hurt my neck...

I am starting over with lowcarbing also...it seems difficult at times. Trying to adjust to all the stresses in life....especially when you have kids...do you have any?

I would love to be your buddy....even if it just an occasional buddy...lol...lol...

Take care

tweetybird
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 08:38

Hi Tweetybird

Yes I do know where your area is, I'm at Fruitland and QEW by the lake also. Maybe 15 minutes from you. I go to Bartlett to get my flowers every spring at Central Nursery.

Anyway the pilates studio is just east of Fifty Road on the South Service Rd. Above the Total Health and Fitness gym you can see off the highway. New session starts this week. I'll give you the number if you want to look into it.(905-730-1428) The studios name is Positive Image. The instructor is great and will make sure you don't do anything that will hurt your neck if that's what your worried about. Pilates is great for people with back problems. It strengthens and elongates the muscles around your spine.

O.K. now that we've hooked up how do we do the buddy thing. We should look into that.

I do have one child turning 3 next week. He keeps me pretty busy.

Today I'm starting all over again. I have to keep thinking positive. You know the old saying "Life is not a dress rehearsal" I can't seem to get it through my skull that my health is important. Anyway, I'm going to really try, not just try, I'm going to DO IT!!!

Hope your aboard for the long haul Tweetybird!!!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 07:59

BF:

Hi Suzali

Great to hear from you...yes I know where total health and fitness is.
Pilates sounds great. I may try it next session. I am still working on getting my headaches under control.
They are small classes are they not? That makes it easier.

I am starting again....one day at a time....this week.

Enjoy your three year old .....they grow up soooooooo fast....
I have one boy who is 6ft 4in tall now....lol..lol..

Let me know how your class goes. write soon..

tweetybird

p.s. how can I read you message when writing back...
tweetybird....
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 22:07

Well Hello!

The pilates classes are quite small it depends on the time you take your class. No larger than ten though. And just to let you know, pilates helps with migranes too apparently.

It's day one AGAIN for me. I'm going back on induction. I just don't get why it's so hard to get in the right frame of mind. Maybe the exercising will help. I took a before picture and that alone should motivate me. Obviously I've got a lot of other things going on. I'm starting to really believe in this Feng Shui thing. I'm a pack rat, and the clutter is really getting to me. So according to Feng Shui my energy is stagnant and there is no room for new energy to flow. So I'm on a mission to start clearing out the clutter!

So how come you have so many neck and head problems were you in an accident? Don't answer if it's none of my business.

Anyway, good luck on your LCing.

Take Care
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 12:38
Registered Member

Stats: 210/209/180
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hi Tweetybird..I know the feeling, my son is 6'3", and it seems like yesterday I carried him on my shoulders. I'm in London Ont but get around quite a bit, perhaps one day we can arrange an Ont gathering.
QM
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 08:54

Plan: Lean For Life
Stats: 175/175/140
BF:

Hey everyone, I'm new to the board. I was just checking in on the fellow Canadians and saw this post. I live in Ancaster, but work in the Barton & Grays area in East Hamilton. I drove by that Pilates studio once and was thinking of giving them a call.
Monday is my day to start back on my program. I went on the "Lean For Life" program in the summer and had great results. Unfortunately, I didn't stick to it and have gained all my weight back. Not for long though!