Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 14:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 267/226/145 Female 5'5 ft
BF:
Progress: 34%

I could'nt stand it so I weighed this morning! I lost 3 lbs so far this week!!! About 1/2 an inch on the tape too!! It is probably just water weight but I'll take it.I'm only doing m&e for 5 days then going back to induction level carbs. So hopefully it won't be short lived. I thought about doing m&e longer, but I'm not sure it would be safe. Its not been nearly as hard for me as I thought it would be.
Does anyone know if its safe to do M&E for an extended period of time?? I would really like to get rid of the fat not just water.Or should I go back to 20 carbs a day and just be more patient! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 16:26
OWL More Veggies

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/223/175 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 40%

Welcome to the forum and glad that you joined.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 16:51
Go Seminoles......

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:baby phat
Progress: 16%

Hey T, here's a link to a thread where I think someone will be able to answer your question.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=330800

Congrats on the 3 lbs
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 19:47

BF:

Thanks so much for the link! I'm a research-aholic. I tried the search feature but got so many responses that I was knee deep sifting through them all. It looks like what I need to read. My b-day is july and I was hopeing to be under 200 by then. 199.5 would be just fine to me. However because of the stall I'm not pushing for it now. I do want to do whats best for my body in the long term, So I will be able to keep the fat off of me for a lifetime. And be a good healthy example to my son.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 19:40
Go Seminoles......

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:baby phat
Progress: 16%

How's it going girl!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-08, 06:07

Plan: keto/atkins/no cow dairy
Stats: 230/217/170 Female 5" 8'
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hey there,
Sounds like you're doing great! How was the weigh in Friday? i hope that your stall is broken, it's hard when the scale doesn't move for a while. Mine spent some time going up over the last 2 weeks (I think white wine that had crept in was the culprit). I want to be in the "over-weight" range for my bmi by by b-day at the end of may. That means I need to lose 10lbs by the 30th of May. You are definetly on the right track, don't let the nay-sayers get you down!
Cerridwen
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-08, 20:28

BF:

Sorry I did'nt post fri. I did lose 4 lbs this week,and have decided to continue with M&E's for another 5 days.The tape also moved 1/2 inch.So we'll see if I can go another week like this.I'm not expecting 4 lbs next week but it would be nice.I would be happy with 1 lb a week right now. Just the downward direction is enough for me! LOL My son and I went to the beach today and I got super burnt!!! My son used the new bottle of lotion ,I used last years lotion and I got fried! So lesson learned throw away that bottle at the end of the season!I've not been this burned since I was 16 yrs old. My son is 7 and took one look at my skin and said he would never fuss about putting the lotion on again.We use SPF 50 to aviod this very thing.
Anyway I hope I can make one more week on ME's. Then I'm definately going back to 20 carbs a day! I so wanted a salad today!Well we'll see.Wish me luck! I'm going to dip myself in a vat of aloe now. Hope eveyone if enjoying thier weekend!!
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-08, 02:38
Paleo and proud!

Plan: Paleo / Primal
Stats: 210/175.6/168 Female 70 inches
BF:40%/34.4%/30%
Progress: 82%

Hello tprice, congratulations on the work you've put in and the results you've achieved so far! Welcome to the forums

Hope you're having a lovely LC weekend!
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-08, 03:54
I must do it for me!

Plan: South Beach influenced
Stats: 205/205/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:100% needs work
Progress: 0%

Hi!
I just wanted to welcome you to the forum as well. I also live in paradise/Florida.
I see you have broken your stall.
They say stalls are a normal part of the process. Knowing you're normal doesn't always help with patience does it? Hang in there.
This isn't a temporary fix, it's a long term change for the better. I think that is the hardest thing to get around, the change for life. Once I accepted that fact, I had an easier time sticking to my plan. At least on some days!
I am still a work in progress, my better days are still ahead of me.

Again, welcome and good luck with your new life!

~Bella~
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-08, 18:26

Stats: 213/175/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 60%

Welcome! Sounds as though you are definetly on a mission. Keep going. Your stall will cease eventually. GO FOR IT!!l
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-08, 10:14
Registered Member

Stats: 255/209/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 51%

hi,
im new to the forum but not to LC. I was at a stall for 3 weeks and was so frustrated. I got me an account on fit day and i was looking and noticed that i was eating less then 1000 calories a day. Now I know that we shouldnt count the calories but everyone is different. I upped my calories to 1500-1700 a day and it got me back in to the losing stage.
I feel you on the exercising..I also have a treadmill and have a hard time getting on it cuz its so boring. I bought walk away the pounds 4 mile dvd. you can do 1,2,3, or 4 miles. I find it goes by way faster doing 4 miles on the dvd then on the treadmill. Just an ideal for ya.
Congrats on your loss!
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-08, 14:48

BF:

I've been considering those DVD's. Are they really good for beginners? And how much room do you need to do the exercises? We have a very small living room! The idea of moving furniture everyday is not appealing. I've got some room , but not much. Thanks for the info.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-08, 19:33
Registered Member

Stats: 255/209/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 51%

YW yeah the one mile is good for beginners. Then you can move up to 2 miles etc. You need just enough room to take 2 steps forward and its inexpensive $12 at walmart and it comes with a step counter.