Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sun, Nov-01-15, 11:35

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I usually cooked up a lot and chilled, then decided how to eat them before meals. More options that way!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-15, 08:18

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marieshops
Back down from that little 1/2 pound wiggle.

I seem to feel the best overall staying in a modified PH. Another reason I think the PH worked so quickly for me is that I had gained the extra 10 pounds by eating very lc, just too much of it. When we were stuck inside for days with all roads closed with flooding I ate LOTS of nice fatty meats and was liberal with my butter and olive oil. Since the extra weight came from fat and protein, cutting those back hard might have been the perfect shake up for me.

Hacks are all about finding what works for you, Marie! But the best ones are those that are radically different from what's causing a stall. And don't forget, hacks are not meant to be a permanent part of your diet.

I confess this year's PH has been pretty disappointing; in two weeks I've lost only 6lbs compared to 12 lb avg two years ago. I've been debating going back to LC....until I tried on a tight tank shirt yesterday at Goodwill and saw waist curves and leaner legs that didn't exist two weeks ago, an excellent reminder that just because the scale doesn't show much downward movement doesn't mean nothing's happening!

So, I've decided on one more PH week, then back to LC.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Nov-03-15, 11:40
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 210/220/175 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress:

Great thread. I think I'm going to give the PH a shot. I do miss the taters.

I have an affinity [obsession] with Google Books. It seems every volume I come across which discusses reduction in carbohydrates as a means to weight loss specifically excludes potatoes. They eschew bread, rice, oats, sugars, even dairy, but potatoes stay on the menu. Of course, they authors report success.

It's curious that doctors circa 1900 seemed to consider potatoes sacred. Could they have been on to something?
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Nov-04-15, 06:48

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I also cook up potatoes in advance. Sometimes I eat them cold but sometimes reheat them anyway.

I've been off potatoes for four days now, eating lowish carb but not super low as I feel much better that way. Scale has inched back up to 275 though so I think I'm going back on potatoes for a few days. I wonder how long cooked potatoes keep? I still have a few in the fridge, plus a big bag of uncooked potatoes.