Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 22:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188.5/182/168
BF:
Progress: 32%
Unhappy Sciatica and exercise

I hope that someone that has sciatica can share what they do when theirs starts to act up. I seem to have a really bad bout with it twice a year, once in the winter and once in the summer. Not sure if it has something to do with the weather change or not..

I have been going to the gym daily, took today off because my hip was bothering me a little. It started off like my butt cheek (for lack of a better word) was sore, and now I can feel it radiating up a little.. which is the starting sign for my sciatica to flair up.

My question is should I stay home and not exercise or should I go and do my workout? or what could I do, bike, treadmill, elipictal.. thanks so much

Tawnya, who is off to take some antinflamitorys to see if it will go away...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 22:03

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hey there Tawnya!
I do not have Sciatica and I will be honest with you, I didn't even know what it was until now! I found some information about exercises that can be done, etc. I hope this information is helpful.
Sciatica exercises

How is Sciatica prevented?

Sciatica: Treatment, Prevention, Cure

Hope this is in some way helpful!

Linda
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 22:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188.5/182/168
BF:
Progress: 32%

Thank you Linda so much for taking the time to look up some info. I am going to bookmark those sites. My hip is much better today and I will be back at the gym tommorrow. I had planned on going tonight, however dh had to work late.

hugz
tawnya