Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-17, 03:38
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #10

Okey dokey, I'll get our new Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #10 thread started with all the normal goodies!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-17, 03:40
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

We call ourselves "Hard Core" because we are a group of like-minded people with the same philosophy about losing weight.
We are following A '72 Induction until we reach our GOAL WEIGHT without CHEATING!
Some of us will remain at Induction level carbs even in maintenance because we are that carb sensitive!

HARD CORE A '72 Warrior "MAINTAINERS"

(made desire Goal weight or below):

Bernie2014 125 lbs (as of 07 December 2015)
DelaneyLC 143 lbs (as of 03 January 2016)
Just Jo 114 lbs as of 25 April 2016 (130 lbs as of 10 March 2014)

We will be Warrior members of TEAM 5%!

#3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-17, 03:41
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Important Atkins 1972 Information

Almost Everything You need to know about A' 72 if you don't own the book!

Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution 1972

Induction Rules, Foods List, DR No No's & Other Notes

Biologically Zero Carbs
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 102
Quote:
"...Where you start the diet, of course, is with a daily intake of zero grams of carbohydrate. Although we allow salad on the diet from the start, and lettuce has carbohydrate in it, the amount it contains is so minute as to be biologically the equivalent of zero."
A Tablespoonful Of Potato Salad Can Slow You Down!
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 154

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...921&postcount=3

Dr. Atkins on "Weight Problem? = Stay On Plan For Life"

Diet Revolution 1972 pg 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
A good quote from Dr. Atkins:

“...as long as you look upon being off your (low-carbohydrate) diet as part of your future plans, you will never solve your weight problem. This can only happen when you accept the reality that if you have a weight problem, you must stay on a diet for life.”

"We must always keep this tidbit in mind. To remain thin - we must stick with our chosen WOE beyond our goals for LIFE to Infinity & Beyond!" [by Just Jo]

Posted by Paulette on 30 July 2015
Dr. Atkins on "Calories"
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 157

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...922&postcount=4

Dr. Atkins on "Alcohol"
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 147

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...924&postcount=5

Sugar Alcohols (Researched by Just Jo)

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...925&postcount=6

Dr. Atkins on "MAINTENANCE ~ Staying at Your Best"
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 261
Quote:
THE MAIN CHANGE THAT HAS TO BE MADE IS IN YOUR HEAD.

Success in maintaining your trim figure and your zest for living is guaranteed if you can achieve this radical change in your thinking.

If you have a chronic weight problem it is essential to totally accept, fully understand that your fat is one symptom of a lifetime disease. Your metabolizing processes are and always will be abnormal. Yes, even if you get slim and stay slim!

Many medical studies have shown that the biochemical responses of a formerly overweight person, such as the excessive insulin release when carbohydrates are eaten, are still quite different from a never-over weight person. In other words, you cannot eat what normal people eat and expect to stay thin.

So say to yourself over and over until you've got it through your rebellious head:

"My tendency to be overweight is one sign of a chronic metabolic disorder. My physiology doesn't handle certain kinds of foods as slim physiologies do. I mustn't try to compare my eating habits to those of a person who has never had a weight problem. Not now. Not ever."

"I have an illness, a lifelong illness. I can't cure it, but I can CONTROL it!"

Basic to controlling it is to understand that it is a permanent condition...about which you can do a great deal. Controlling it isn't all that difficult.
Dr. Atkins on "Amount of Carbs for Maintenance"
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 263
Quote:
The best decision is probably to stay pretty much on the very low carbohydrate diet on which you lost; only now you can feel free to deviate in small ways.
Dr. Atkins on "Maintenance"
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
From the book:

Q. Once I get the weight off and am a normal person again, why can't I maintain this normal weight by merely eating normally?

A. Because you only look normal; inside your body is the same metabolic abnormality that made you overweight in the first place. This, by the way, is one of the key points of the whole book.

Posted by Paulette on 31 July 2015
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-17, 03:45
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Threads from 17 November 2014 - ?

Past Hard Core Atkins ‘ 72 Induction Threads!

(The first Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group thread is no longer available!)

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group part deux (17 Nov 2014 to 22 Feb 2015)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...84&page=1&pp=15

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #3 (22 Feb 2015 to 29 March 2015)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...22&page=1&pp=15

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #4 (29 March 2015 to 23 May 2015)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...78&page=1&pp=15

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #5 (23 May 2015 to 21 July 2015)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...07&page=1&pp=15

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #6 (21 July 2015 to 12 Sept 2015)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...95&page=1&pp=15

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #7 (12 Sept 2015 to 27 December 2015)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=9046773

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #8 (27 December 2015 to 29 June 2016)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=9076431

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #9 (29 June 2016 to 7 September 2017)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...861#post9136861

Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #10 (8 September 2017 to )
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=478162

Last edited by Just Jo : Fri, Sep-08-17 at 03:58.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-17, 03:57
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Friday, 8 September 2017

Happy Friday, WARRIORS!

Wishing all of you a totally FAB-tastic day in every.single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

If it is important to you, you’ll find a WAY.
If not, you'll find an EXCUSE!

~ unknown
Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Carried this over from #9:

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
all is good
That's always good to hear!
Quote:
just super duper busy right now
hubby dragged me out like crazy looking at new trucks, can we say massive sticker shock
I thought you all had already purchased a new truck... I guess not! Or maybe he dragged you out before and you mentioned that!

Oh YEAH, sticker SHOCK for sure!

Did he find anything he wanted?
Quote:
it always seems to become an entire day affair omg
then I run home to play catch up with everything lol

another busy day guys so I am out and about fast again so will catch up later great day warriors!!
Hope you got a chance to chil-lax!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-17, 04:52
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Just have to add this to our thread b/c it's so worth sharing, IMHO:

Words of Wisdom from Khrussva (Ken) yesterday, 09.07.17:

"If I make it OK to cheat every now and then, will I ever reach my goal weight and/or maintain the weight I have lost?"

Ken’s complete response to “What Happen’s if I Cheat?” thread
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...852&postcount=8

Wow, he is always so SPOT ON!

Here's the URL to the entire thread:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=478146
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-17, 05:29

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors ,

Thank you jo for starting our new thread!

It always feels great to go over and read the first page of the thread again. Dr A's words are in my head and I
Use many of his thoughts for my coping strategies!
Great post from Ken jo and like you said spot on to my way of thinking!
Karen... good luck on the truck purchase major investment but they last a long time! Plus you guys are campers and a good truck
Makes all the difference when you are hauling!
Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
I am praying for anyone in the path of Hurricane Irma. Have many friends and colleagues in Florida! I know Jo you have family down their praying they are safe and out of harm's way
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-08-17, 06:36

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

new thread here too! oh my LOL

Jo you preach that good old A72 info! everyone needs to see it, so glad you got it all on this new thread as usual....it is the best way to approach eating in life....others don't know it but I sure do! LOL

On that truck, no we are shopping, heck he has like 50 he would love to buy now! the sticker shock is hard on me, being frugal to part with like over 60K now just curls my toes to now end but he keeps reminding me 'ya can't take it with you' but I tell him I would like to hang onto it long as I CAN and if I croak before him he then can do whatever, til then I am holding on tight LOL but I guess I gotta let some bucks go at some point. frugal in me says no, but he has worked hard all thru the years so my softer side says ok...well maybe ok...well...haha

Bernie, you said it. We need a 'major truck', not a backyard haul truck people buy so yea we are looking at the big boys and the sticker goes high with doing just that but hey it is what it is. Glad you are doing well!!

HI ALL
doing some errands and taking dog and will walk a hiking track near one of my stops. Dog is thrilled, I say 'car dog' and he knows! In fact he is looking at me saying come on you slow human LOL will leave in just a bit

got nice pork chops for dinner tonight
hitting store, Tbones on sale for 6.99 lb so will get some for the freezer

all good here, closing pool in just a few days. COOLER here and it isnt right but if weather says cooler then I am flipping over to hiking now. got no choice

take care all and great day
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-17, 05:24

BF:

Happy saturday all!!

fast one guys
kiddo and me are off hiking in a bit
yes I woke her and got yelled at but tough, ya know. Momma wants out of the house a little and we are going and that is that...plus Bolt is foaming at the mouth to get out also LOL
Kiddo hates to go but once there, on the trail with Bolt, she has tons of fun and takes pics and plays music ----crap she never chats with me HAHA...have to work on that but at 12 why bother cause most I get back is ...geez mom ya ain't got a clue what I am saying! oh well....whatever

cold as frozen snot here!! This is start with pants/jacket and end in Tshirt and shorts and this ALL clothing days drives me nuts!

chat up later, have a great day
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-17, 10:37

BF:

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Just working on my things to do and chillin 😎!
Karen...., Enjoy that hike. I took Magnum out on the trails this morning! That fool went after a squirrel and ended up in a pond. Had to swim his way out! Freaked him out ! Then I got him home and gave him a good bath! Checked him
For ticks! Will brush him and re check later!
Hello to De and Jo!

Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 03:52
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quick drive by, I know that's unusual for me...but Imma keeping my eye on Hurricane Irma b/c my dad and bro live in Florida and apparently everyone there will be affected, some worse than others....

Praying for everyone that's affected by this... and then it looks like Hurricane Jose is right behind Irma...
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 05:18

BF:

Bernie that is too funny, he ended up in the pond!!! stinky wet big dog right? yuk, heehee--- Bolt is a squirrel chaser also....most campgrounds are loaded with them and drive him squirrely trying to get to them HA HA

I hear ya JO on that! Irma is scary and prayers being sent to your family in Fl and everyone else...they need all they can get.
I hope all is ok for your family!!

HI guys
quickie again
I got cleaning to do today
I kinda let some stuff go running here and there and today is chore catch up day....anyone want to come here and clean my bathrooms for me? What? NO takers? Yea I hear ya on that!!!

great day all
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 05:57
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 10 September 2017

okay back...
Happy Day, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Just finished talking to my bro in FL. He's got everything nailed down, put away etc... this isn't his first hurricane rodeo! He's lived in FL for 40 years.

He has enough provisions for 7-10 days, a generator, etc... They are starting to get impacted by the hurricane and won't experience the full affects until early tomorrow morning... right now they are under torrential rain with increasing wind and tornado threats...

He lives 35 miles south west of Daytona Beach...

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

Posting on this Hard-Core Warriors thread is great preventive medicine for us.

It is like taking aspirin before a headache!

~ By Larry H 12.01.15

Gosh, I miss Larry, I wish he'd come back on to let us know how he's doing!

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Thank you jo for starting our new thread!

Quote:
It always feels great to go over and read the first page of the thread again. Dr A's words are in my head and I Use many of his thoughts for my coping strategies!
Yeppers, I can't agree more b/c I do the same thing!
Quote:
Great post from Ken jo and like you said spot on to my way of thinking!
I thought you guys would appreciate his words of wisdom b/c he says so eloquently what we all know to be true at least for us Warriors, in a nutshell, No Cheats ever!
Quote:
I am praying for anyone in the path of Hurricane Irma. Have many friends and colleagues in Florida! I know Jo you have family down their praying they are safe and out of harm's way
I seriously don't think anyone in Florida is out of harm's way; the storm will impact them one way or another, most esp those knuckle heads that have decided to hanker down when told to evacuate...what are they thinking??? Then they are told NOT to call 911 b/c no ones coming to the evac area to rescue anyone...
Quote:
Just working on my things to do and chillin 😎!
Imma glad you're finally getting a chance to chil-lax b/c you deserve it! Imma working on my w/e "to-do" list too... but all's good!
Quote:
I took Magnum out on the trails this morning! That fool went after a squirrel and ended up in a pond. Had to swim his way out! Freaked him out! Then I got him home and gave him a good bath! Checked him for ticks! Will brush him and re check later!
at Magnum the squirrel hunter! What an adventure he had...

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
new thread here too! oh my LOL
I guess it was about time, eh?
Quote:
Jo you preach that good old A72 info! everyone needs to see it, so glad you got it all on this new thread as usual....it is the best way to approach eating in life....others don't know it but I sure do! LOL
A '72 seems to be our golden ticket to weight loss/maintaining the loss and better HEALTH! Who could ask for anything more?
Quote:
On that truck, no we are shopping, heck he has like 50 he would love to buy now! the sticker shock is hard on me, being frugal to part with like over 60K now just curls my toes to now end but he keeps reminding me 'ya can't take it with you' but I tell him I would like to hang onto it long as I CAN and if I croak before him he then can do whatever, til then I am holding on tight LOL but I guess I gotta let some bucks go at some point. frugal in me says no, but he has worked hard all thru the years so my softer side says ok...well maybe ok...well...haha
Oh, I hear ya on the frugal part and I know what you mean that Tony's worked hard etc... so I guess that means there'll be a new truck at Karen's and Tony's house in the near future right?
Quote:
doing some errands and taking dog and will walk a hiking track near one of my stops. Dog is thrilled, I say 'car dog' and he knows! In fact he is looking at me saying come on you slow human LOL will leave in just a bit
That's great that you took Bolt on a hike or did he take you??!

Doesn't matter what we're doing, they just love to hang out with us!
Quote:
hitting store, Tbones on sale for 6.99 lb so will get some for the freezer
Sounds like a great price for tbones!
Quote:
all good here, closing pool in just a few days. COOLER here and it isnt right but if weather says cooler then I am flipping over to hiking now. got no choice
Sorry to hear that you'll be closing your pool soon...but I guess it's that time of year. Nice that you're switching swimming to hiking! You GO GIRL!

Hey how's Irma gonna be affecting your area? Hope it's not gonna be bad for you guys there!
Quote:
kiddo and me are off hiking in a bit
yes I woke her and got yelled at but tough, ya know. Momma wants out of the house a little and we are going and that is that...plus Bolt is foaming at the mouth to get out also LOL
Kiddo hates to go but once there, on the trail with Bolt, she has tons of fun and takes pics and plays music ----crap she never chats with me HAHA...have to work on that but at 12 why bother cause most I get back is ...geez mom ya ain't got a clue what I am saying! oh well....whatever
at "geez mom you ain't got a clue what I am saying..." I guess they forget we were 12 yo girls once too!
Quote:
cold as frozen snot here!! This is start with pants/jacket and end in Tshirt and shorts and this ALL clothing days drives me nuts!
That's how it is here too, but I ain't complaining one iota!
Quote:
I hear ya JO on that! Irma is scary and prayers being sent to your family in Fl and everyone else...they need all they can get.
I hope all is ok for your family!!
Thanks... they seem to be doing well all things considered!
Quote:
I got cleaning to do today
I kinda let some stuff go running here and there and today is chore catch up day....anyone want to come here and clean my bathrooms for me? What? NO takers? Yea I hear ya on that!!!
Don't pick me!!! I gots my own bathrooms to clean, but then I live alone and Imma neat freak!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 09:47

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Quick drive by, I know that's unusual for me...but Imma keeping my eye on Hurricane Irma b/c my dad and bro live in Florida and apparently everyone there will be affected, some worse than others....

Praying for everyone that's affected by this... and then it looks like Hurricane Jose is right behind Irma...

I am doing the same...two dear friends in Florida, one evacuated and one didn't. Praying fiercely. My best friend, the sister I never had ...didn't evacuate. Her sister & Mom are there too. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 12:24

BF:

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Prayers for all of Florida! My old boss lives by Tampa she did evacuate but some of our other friends are in Orlando and sheltered in place.
Jo.... Praying for your family as well that they are safe and that they will be okay in this devastating storm!

De.... praying for your dear friend also!

Karen.... have fun with the things to do list! I did more trails with Magnum today no swimming or chasing squirrels!

Have a spectacular Sunday and take care of yourself!

Prayers🙏🙏🙏🙏 for everyone in Irma's path!