Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-01, 15:51

Plan: Carbo Addicts/ Atkins
Stats: 200/200/135
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Back Again

After losing and initial 15 pounds on the Atkins and keeping it off for a few months, I thought I didn't want to eat that way anymore and thought I would be able to lose weight another way. Here I am now up 20 lbs and back ready to start a WOE that I know is the right way for me. I am going to give the Carbohydrates Addicts plan a try so that I might not be feel so deprived. I need lots of support because I am so unhappy with how big I have gotten. I know if I can just get 5 or 10 lbs off it will get me feeling better and get that ball (me) rolling! I'd love to hear from anyone out there who can give me a little pep talk.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-01, 15:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Pep Talk

You've come to the right place!! Susan you sound like you mean business and you know can do it, because you've done it before. Live and learn, that way they call this a way of life, or way of eating.

I'd suggest you start a journal and post daily, and that will definitely help you stay on track. I think once you start seeing the results again, you'll feel motivated.

Just think how great you'll look and feel. There's nothing that makes you feel better about yourself than when people tell you how great you look after you've lost a few pounds.

Stop by often and when you need support and encouragement we'll be there.

Good luck Susan, if you need someone to be really "mean", let us know....we'll try and come through for you!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-01, 02:35

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%
Talking thats a good one! :)

i understand what you have been thru because i have also been thru this before.

i was on the atkins diet when i had grad fr my secondary school. for 6 mths i lost 15 kg. but when my new sch started in july... i could not follow closely to the diet due to dining out..and i didnt know what to eat...because right here in my country (Singapore). almost everything has carbs....rice, bread, noodles, desserts..the only way is to go the the bbq section in supermarkets or those steak hses...or even cook at home.

but coz of my sch schedules, i have to eat outside. but meanwhile i tried other diets, ate lesser food amts....though i didnt gain much, but i know it's terrible. i kept thinking abt what to eat at the next meal time...

i am currently back on the diet as i am working now, going to be 3 wks. lost 5 kgs....and this time round based on my prev experience of dining out and reading more protein diet books....plus tips from this fantastic forum.... i managed to control and i even allowed myself to eat some no-no foods yet still stay in ctrl...

i found out that the best thing to stay on this diet is to eat small low carb meals regularly....so at least if u cant get any suitable foods to eat when u are out with friends. u can really say that u are not hungry.

all the best to you, and all the low carb pple here!