Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 12:03
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/215/150 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress:
Default over 50 gal

Hi I'm Christie I am 56 soon to be 57 I am married with a wonderful husband who was a bachelor of 52 years when we married 7 years ago I have 2 children from a previous marriage girl 36 boy 24 and 3 grandchildren which one of them my daughters son I adopted he was a premme 2 lbs 7 oz and lived in the hospital 4 months before he came home with me so I have always been Mom to him he is 15 now and my son has 2 children girl 6 boy 2 and he reccently divorced and that is when I ate myself into an additional 50lb weight gain which I am trying to come to grips with starting lc life i hate the word DIET so i call it modified eating (Ha) well I do have a treadmill with alot of dust on it but I believe I will dust it off and start to use it and will keep in touch with the rest of you gals(MY AGE) and see what happens look forward to talking with all of you thanks for starting this site and all have a blessed day

christieo
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-05-06, 12:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/193/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hello Christie!

Welcome to the forum and I just turned 56 in January! I have a dear hubby and we have been together for 31 years. Three children, ages 35 (my previous marriage), 34 (hubby's previous marriage), and 30 (ours combined, hahaha). Three beautiful grandchildren - two girls, ages 10 and 1, and one boy age 6. I have had a weight problem all my life and have tried every diet in the book....and I like the low carb way of life best. I feel better on it. I must admit I have been on and off it (on it right now ) and I have found that at my age, in its own way acts against my losing like I did 4 years ago....but you know something? I stick with it, and if I have a small cheat I no longer beat myself up over it. I just get back on the the wagon the next day! Sometimes my cheat doesn't even effect losing which is a much slower process for me (9 lbs lost during first two weeks in Jan, and nothing since, but the inches are coming off, so what the heck).

Anyhow, nice to meet and if there is anyway I can help out in supporting your weight loss I will be glad to do it

Take care and stay safe!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-05-06, 15:09

Plan: VLC
Stats: 240/145/150 Female 69 inches
BF: 21%, HT: 69"
Progress: 106%

Hi Christie...there are a lot of us over 50 on this site. I just turned 59, last Sunday. I am a widow of almost a year, with a daughter, her fiance, and his two little girls living with me. I am an RN, specializing in Home Health and a member of the faculty at our local 2 yr. college, where I teach nursing. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have. It is chock full of information and inspiration.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 12:49
Registered Member

Plan: Carnivanderthin
Stats: 296/283.5/145 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi All.

I'm 53 and thought I'd wander into the TOFF forum to see what's happening. Could someone clue me in and tell me what this means? I know it's something Over Fifty something. So many acronyms on this website!

Divorced, no children by choice, and the den mother of four felines.

I'm so glad to have found this website recently, and to see the range of ages, sizes and issues it addresses.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 15:43

Stats: 282/209/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I don't know either but I have a guess:

Tough Old Fiftyish Farts
Twenty Ominous Flying Fools
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 18:14
Registered Member

Plan: Carnivanderthin
Stats: 296/283.5/145 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogbreath
I don't know either but I have a guess:
Tough Old Fiftyish Farts
Twenty Ominous Flying Fools

Oh, I like the first one!! How about:

Tremendously Omnivorous Fact Finders
Terrifying Omnipotent Fearless Flesheaters
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 20:13

Plan: VLC
Stats: 240/145/150 Female 69 inches
BF: 21%, HT: 69"
Progress: 106%

The Over Fifty Females? Or...not good, the over fifty fatties~
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-06, 13:50

Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

TOFF = The Over Fifties Forum

And before you'all get impressed with my spectacular memory, I'll admit to looking back to the beginning of the forum when we ran a poll to decide what to name this forum
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-02-06, 12:21

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%
Wink

Hi Christie, I'm 54. Live with my DH and a finicky cat. Have 5 children and 10 going on 11 GC. So we have a largwe family. I have about 50 pounds to lose. I still run my 2 miles a day, but I think it would be easier if I were thinner. It's nice to make your acquaintance. Judy
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 05:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 153/153/110 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi, I am Denise and glad to have found the 50 thread. Years ago I lost a lot of weight on the low carb plan and hope to do it again. This is the only plan that I don't get hungry on. My cravings are gone too. I don't exercise like I should. I am going to start. I have 4 pieces of equipment here, so I have no excuse for not doing it. ( just lazy) I am married for the second time. I lost my first husband after 25 years of marriage. I have one daughter and she has one daughter. My husband has 2 boys and 4 grandkids. I have 40/50 lbs to get rid of. This time I am not going to give up til I do it. I am a red hatter and we have a good time. I also work full time. I would like to get to know all of you ladies. How do I find this thread next time? have a blessed day. Dece42
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-09-06, 08:04

Stats: 282/209/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Welcome. And what is a red hatter? BTW I lost my husband after 28 years and I'm only hoping I can find another. I miss having that male energy and companionship.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Aug-12-06, 12:48

Plan: The Virgin Diet
Stats: 124.2/118.6/100 Female 58.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi. I am 53, soon to be 54. I am a divorced mother of 2 daughters, 27 and 24 and I have 5 grandchildren ages 9,4,3,2,and 9 months.

I lost 20 lbs. last year on my own and then fell of the LC wagon during the holidays. Planned on re-starting in January, but of course didn't. Now I have gained over 10 lbs back and have only 3 pair of jeans or slacks to wear to work. I refuse to buy more, so I am back on South Beach. I'm excited that I found this board/support group. It will be great to have others to talk with and help you on the bad days.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Oct-07-06, 09:46

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogbreath
Welcome. And what is a red hatter?

http://www.redhatsociety.com/

I have recently joined our local chapter and am looking forward to getting to know the members.