Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-06-14, 19:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195.4/195.4/155.4 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default (Trial) 30 days on an Ideal Protein-like Plan

Would anyone like to join me on an 30-day trial using the guidelines for "Ideal Protein"? I intend to start in the morning, but feel free to join anytime! I would love someone to help keep me accountable - and inspire each other with our {hopeful} successes!

Here is the plan - which includes protein shakes, but feel free to substitute those for low carb food if that is better for you!

In a day:
1 gallon of water
4 cups of vegetables
unlimited lettuce
8 oz meat or fish
1-2 tsp of olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 shakes (or high protein, low carb, low calorie bars)

So, tomorrow is Day 1 for me. I plan to have a shake for breakfast with my coffee, a shake and bell peppers and cucumbers (or a salad) for lunch, broccoli and a burger for dinner - and try, try, try to drink water all day. I might see what olive oil, vinegar and salt taste like on a salad because I don't think it will go with dinner...

And I will try to get on here at the end of the day and tally everything up. Just so curious what the calorie count is going to be...?

Last edited by greenjeans : Tue, May-06-14 at 19:54.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-07-14, 04:27
Registered Member

Plan: None
Stats: 159.6/159.6/135 Female 59
BF:
Progress:

Good Morning greenjeans,

I am new to this discussion board and was looking for a challenge. I would love to join you on your challenge. I need to some motivation. How are you making your shakes?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-08-14, 03:57
Registered Member

BF:

Good morning, Naygro! I actually bought the kind my ex-husband uses. It's a dry mix (with whey protein, etc) called Matrix by Syntrax. I make it with water. I know you can make shakes yourself (with protein and vegetables), but I would not have the opportunity in the morning, so this is the option I am going with.

Yesterday was good! I missed my breakfast shake, so I was so hungry at lunch time and I had eaten my 2 cups veggies during the morning at work, but I made the shake around noon and I was all set until dinner - crazy, but so glad it worked! Dinner wasn't as I planned because I had a meeting after work so I ended up picking up a rotisserie chicken and making mac and cheese for the kids (and chicken of course) and I just had the chicken on a salad. (Yum!)

Definitely didn't drink a gallon of water though... I only drank water at home - I have to figure out a good way to drink it all day at work...

Last edited by greenjeans : Thu, May-08-14 at 04:05.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-08-14, 04:02
Registered Member

BF:

Probably should post weight here at the beginning, huh? And maybe once a week? Join me Naygro? (Anyone else?)

............GreenJeans.....Naygro......
Week 1: .....194.0........
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-08-14, 06:58
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Good Morning!

Your dinner sounds yummy! Hmm.. I'm not a big fan of whey protein and after reading the "Ideal Protein Plan" I'm not sure I can follow it to the t as I like eggs! and Protein (soy or meat) during lunch! LOL If you're ok with it, we can give each other support?

I missed my breakfast yesterday. Yesterday I had baked chicken wings (not breaded) for lunch, about 5 of them. For dinner I had brisket and green beans.

Today I'll have left over green beans with a protein for lunch and for dinner we're having baked pork chops.

Here's my stats:

............GreenJeans.....Naygro......
Week 1: .....194.0........ 159.6
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 04:36
Registered Member

BF:

Good morning! Oh my - I can't believe I haven't been on here for a week already! :-( Sadly, I have had many days where I did not follow any kind of plan at all. Retirement party, mother's day... but Monday I got back to it! I have been having my morning protein shake in my coffee actually. :-p It's good! Yesterday I had a salad and chicken for lunch and salad and steak for dinner - not on the plan I posted, but low carb anyway! I definitely need to reverse what I did this weekend (buffet one night, mexican one day, just like 3 days of no good...!)

How are YOU doing, naygro!?!? Are Thursdays good for posting in our chart? I don't think I am going to have a drop in weight this week, but I will post what I see in the morning tomorrow.

What did you end up having with your pork chops?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 06:58
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hey Greenjeans!

I travel for work so unfortunately this week I was only to weigh on Sunday morning and I was at 156.5! I have been doing my very best to do well while traveling so I have been keeping healthy eating habits as much as possible. I will be able to weigh in is on Friday when I'm finally home!

Have a great rest of the week!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-27-14, 05:51

Stats: 162/157/145 Female 5 feet 7"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Can I join you? I am just starting my diet today and could use some moral support. Sadly I made the mistake of eating way too much yesterday and gained more. Darn scale is going in the wrong direction.

I need to lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I refuse to go up a size in cloths and a summer trip is coming.