Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-01, 13:54

Plan: Atkins/CAD/PP
Stats: 178/172/145
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default I'm New Too!

Hi Everyone!

I found this site last week when I began to think of what diet to go on next. I was on the Protein Power plan last summer and lost 20 pounds easily (3 months). I even cheated once in a while. When I read more about the site, I realized that all if not most people here consider low carb a way of life. So, instead of a diet I began to think of it as a new way to eat. I took all of last week to prepare myself mentally and to realize that after I loose the weight there is no going back! I presently weigh 175, after starting at 178 this past Sunday. I would like to weigh 145. I think that is a healthy weight for someone who is 5'7". Since the beginning of the year,I was doing the "eating healthy" lifestyle and working out 3-4 a week. I went from 180 to 178 over 6 months. However, I did incorporate working out as a part of my lifestyle so I guess it wasn't all too bad. Recently I have had surgery on my shoulder which prevents movement until next week. Then I will resume cardio,and it will be a month before I resume lifting weights. I hope to loose the weight by Christmas. My husband and I made a new year's resolution at the beginning of this year, and I swore that this time I would accompolish it. When I saw this board, I realized that the support I gave and received would help me reach my goal. I am ready to enjoy the benefits of my low carb wol! (-:

Joni
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-01, 17:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome joni!! i see that you already know your way around low carb! you are so right!! this is a way of life!! what a wonderful way to eat and lose weight, eh!! i hope you'll feel at home here and post often!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 02:18
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum Joni!

You have the right attitude to make low-carbing work for you!

Keep posting!

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 07:06
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hi Joni, welcome aboard

30 lbs is very do-able by Christmas. You have a wonderful, realistic and practical outlook ... with a GAME PLAN. I just know you're going to be successful! It just took a little time for your psyche to catch up ... you really do have to want to make the necessary changes.

Oh, and congrats on the 3 lbs. so far!! .. Can't wait to read more posts about your lowcarbing success.

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 14:48

Plan: Atkins/CAD/PP
Stats: 178/172/145
BF:
Progress: 18%
Smile Thank you!

I really do love all of your encouragement. It keeps me going. I'll be sure to try and post as often as possible.

Joni