Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-12, 14:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/130/112 Female 5ft 2
BF:
Progress:

As I am in the UK i had not even heard of kimkins! or hcg diet? they are so bizarre.

So they claim that they make you healthier on the outside, but what about the inside too? doesn't that count?

I might be wrong as I have only just researched it. Has anyone been on any of these diets and can shed some light on it? (somehow you have guys have put off believing the testimonials on the website! hehe)
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-12, 15:10

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beernutz
It seems a stretch to say that a diet such as the vegan which is promoted as 80-10-10 ever be considered carb restricted.

It does restrict carbs when we consider that we can't digest plant fiber.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-12, 19:51

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I suspect the apple diet works, when it does, partly because at some point, your body realizes that there's really no benefit to eating yet another apple, and it rejects them. Apple-specific appetite disappears. Maybe also because de novo fatty acid synthesis has its limits. Carbohydrates are fattening within the context of any reasonable intake of fat. But at a ludicrously low, probably unhealthy level of fat intake? Maybe not. At the least, probably not always.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-12, 19:58

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

You know, I really thought I was disagreeing with Martin in that last post. But I guess not--decreased appetite for some nearly pure carb food such as apples is a sort of carb restriction, no? And the point where the body says enough might actually come sooner with more quickly absorbed carbs. Unless you buy into the glycemic index... Dr Guyunet did a post about a satiety index study recently. The study annoys me, but that's beside the point. Easy to absorb fat-free potatoes always rate highly in these studies... much higher than harder to digest bread...
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Mar-03-12, 09:39

Plan: Gluten Free, Low Carb
Stats: 205/200.2/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 9%

Every SINGLE time I eat an apple, I get ravenously hungry less than an hour later, even right after a meal. I googled this issue and apparently I'm not the only one.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-12, 09:35

Plan: Mixture .. mainly Paleo
Stats: 168/163/120 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I find exactly the same thing with apples; they always make me hungry a short time later. Interesting read on the fad diets. I know of someone who has lost 2 stone in 4 weeks on the Dukan Diet. This seems very extreme to me. Do you consider the Dukan Diet a fad diet.