Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-08, 09:47

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 209/194/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Just remember...muscle weighs more than fat. So...you could have lost 15 lbs. of fat and gained 10 lbs. of muscle. Muscle is more compact so you could look considerably smaller. I bet you were turning all kinds of heads. Congratulations!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-08, 20:07
Registered Member

Plan: Zone
Stats: 189/174/135 Female 5'7
BF:34/27/18
Progress: 28%
Default Fluidity Bar

I have the Fluidity Bar and the workouts, as well as the other barre workouts like Lotte Berk, Bar Method and Callanetics. I really love the workouts and feel so good after doing them. I did Callanetics back in the 90's and saw very good results. I can't wait to use this bar. I have already done a few workouts and they really seem to get deep into the muscle.

I have worked out with weights for years with good results, but have recently been experiencing joint pain and have backed off any heavy weights. My hubby, a chiropractor, really likes the barre workouts. He and my son still use more of a weight routine, but I have switched to the barre.

I'll keep you all posted on the results and would love to keep hearing about others results!
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-08, 23:05

BF:

I kind of did my first fluidity workout. I was sweating and purple faced...and embarassed to say that I only made it through the first segment. That's what I get for thinking the beginner's version looked too easy! Better luck tomorrow. Anything is a start for someone as out of shape as I am. On a bright note...if I succeed in the long run I will be a true example for other weaklings!
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-08, 20:34

Plan: LC/IF
Stats: 180/173.8/150 Female 5'9"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 21%

Sorry, girls, that I haven't posted in a bit. Unfortunately I've allowed myself to get off track as of late, but am ready to get my butt back in gear. I definitely feel a difference in my body since I haven't worked out in, what, 2 weeks now?

I plan on doing my next FB workout tomorrow or Wednesday.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 15:03

Chubbykit: oh, my word, I didn't realize you had been in a car accident until just now when I was going back through the posts! I hope you are doing much better - I know how traumatic a car wreck can be - so sorry you and your DH had to go through that.

I hope you've been having a better week this week!!!
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 08:49

Plan: ?
Stats: 178/166/155 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 52%

Thanks for the kind words, Peach. We're doing fine as far as health goes. We're still without a car (but should be picking up our settlement today). If all goes well with the financing today, then we should have a car by tomorrow. Truthfully, I have my doubts that we'll get anything, though as we're going through a stage of credit repair

Because of this, I've been stressing out and focused on arguing with insurance (no rental coverage) and calling dealerships and lenders etc. I can't wait until this is all over so I can get back to my normal life. Anyway, one plus has been having to walk/bike ride to run errands.

I did a Fluidity workout yesterday and it felt good but it was HARD! Peach, you're right. Two weeks without working out really makes your body feel different. And not necessarily for the good either. Well, I'm off to deal with more car administrative work. Wish us luck.

All the best to you all...
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 12:30

Chubbykit - good luck with all that car schtuff - what a pain in the buttocks! I hope it all turns out very well for you.

Ok, girls - I did my 8th Fluidity workout today - FINALLY!!!!!! What with the "time off (i.e. being a lazy-~$$)" I didn't feel as strong as I had before, but I know with consistency I will continue to develop strength (and a fab body, perhaps?!? - well, more fab than it already is now, right? )

By the way, Chubbykit, how are you liking the Natural Advantage products? I've never heard of them.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 10:49

Plan: ?
Stats: 178/166/155 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 52%

I haven't had the opportunity to try them just yet. I'm anxiously awaiting delivery. I'll definitely let you know when I get them.
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 12:29

Completed my 9th Fluidity workout today! Wow, it was quite difficult considering my muscles were like, "HUH?!?" from the workout on Wednesday! I really felt it in my love handles today since I really focused on making sure I was targeting them as well. I walked upstairs shortly after my workout (for a post workout workout with DH during his lunch hour ) and my muscles were like, "WHY?!?" That means I will almost definitely be very sore tomorrow. Good stuff.
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-08, 12:54

Plan: Healthy Low Carb
Stats: 190/143.6/125 Female 5'2"
BF:Don't want to know
Progress: 71%

Hi guys - so glad you started this thread. I've seen the infomercial and it looks great. I'm hoping to follow along with you while you work up and work out!

Right now I'm just re-starting exercise and am focusing on Ballet Conditioning dvd. It's really hard for me - I'm thinking I need to start with some of these basics before I invest in a portable bar. Yes, I also have expensive clothing racks, most of which are now in my basement, although several have went the way of the garage sale over the years.

I used to lift weights with my husband and had awesome results. After children, I let myself go, and did try a few times to re-start the weights, but I find working out by myself lonely and I'm just not as motivated. Growing up and teen years I loved dancing and kept so thin and muscular that way, I'm thinking that might be the way for me to go, and I might even find it more joyful. Love those dancer bodies! Have any of you tried Ballet Conditioning or New York City Ballet Workout?

I wish you much luck and will check in to watch your success!
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-08, 23:52

BF:

I have bought all of them! I just haven't made it past the beginner version of the fluidity workout dvd yet! Come to think of it...I haven't made it THROUGH the beginner fluidity workout yet! It feels so good at the time. You don't sweat a lot, and it doesn't leave you all out of breath and blue. (I hate cardio...can you tell?) However, after the first 15 minutes my legs are literally quivering so bad that I am afraid they will smooth give out on me. Then...I can't hardly walk for 3 days. Of course, I am aware that if I would get back at it every other day I would be past all of these problems by now. What can I say? I am just not a very devoted exerciser!

To answer your question...yes, I have the Ballet Conditioning dvd as well as the New York City Ballet Workout 1&2. They just haven't made it to the dvd player yet! :-)
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-08, 15:49

Did my 10th Fluidity workout today! 2 more until I start the intermediate workout! The beginner workout is definitely still challenging for me, but I know it will be a nice change to move on to the intermediate.

I haven't been faithful with my dry brushing, so I plan on getting back on track with that next Monday - that way it will coordinate with beginning the intermediate workout. I think all the effort will pay off! I look forward to how my body will look after the next couple of weeks.
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-08, 07:29

Plan: unsure
Stats: 161/161/145 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi, I'd really like to know how you ladies are doing on the fluidity bar. Haven't seen a post here since the end of March. I have one coming in a few weeks and I'd like to think it is working for someone!! Eggplant
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-08, 08:20

Plan: unsure
Stats: 161/161/145 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool

testing testing

Last edited by eggplant : Sat, Apr-05-08 at 13:08.