Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Feb-03-07, 16:01

Plan: UD 2.0
Stats: 250/200/200 Male 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnybee
I bet she lifts (on the lighter side) and does cardio, also, I'm guessing she does pilates because of the shapes of her muscles (long and lean, not bulky), and eats a really clean diet.

I don't think pilates are in the plans of most of these competitors. I would also like to point out that long lean muscles vs huge bulky muscles are really not a product of training style as much as they are a product of hormonal state in the trainers body. Muscles only really grow or shrink, they don't really become "toned" or "bulky" . The female bodybuilders take substances that give them a more masculine physique.

You know those huge dudes you see on stage with veins popping out everywhere. They lift relatively light weight with high reps for a large part of the year. The rep range in the higher numbers doesn't necessarily mean you will get the "toned" look. These styles (low vs high) reps work different fibers and produce different results based on muscle composition, and training history. If you have been lifting high reps forever and start pushing around heavier weight in lower rep ranges you will likely notice and increase in muscle size since those previously underworked fibers are now being forced to adapt and grow. The same goes for those who work mostly low reps and switch to higher ones.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Feb-04-07, 07:40

Plan: daily exercise,LC,LFat
Stats: 115/108/105 Female 4'11"
BF:caliper16%/15%/12%
Progress: 70%

All I have to do is pushups and my veins start popping out.
I think alot of women consider lean muscles to be the opposite of bulky ones.
Lean to me means no fat and when you have short legs like me, long muscles is never an option, choices are either ... have muscle or don't have muscle.

Mega-T is what I use, a half hour before my workout. If you have never taken pills, they can give you energy for a few weeks then you have to stop for a little while because your body gets used to them and they don't work.
Who knows if they really work, sometimes I think its all in my mind. Pills or no pills, if I don't watch what I eat or how much and if I didn't exercise(that will never happen) then I WILL gain weight(fat)
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Feb-04-07, 09:05

Plan: semi-low carb
Stats: 127/127/114 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thanks for the info about Mega-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessive
All I have to do is pushups and my veins start popping out.
I think alot of women consider lean muscles to be the opposite of bulky ones.
Lean to me means no fat and when you have short legs like me, long muscles is never an option, choices are either ... have muscle or don't have muscle.

Mega-T is what I use, a half hour before my workout. If you have never taken pills, they can give you energy for a few weeks then you have to stop for a little while because your body gets used to them and they don't work.
Who knows if they really work, sometimes I think its all in my mind. Pills or no pills, if I don't watch what I eat or how much and if I didn't exercise(that will never happen) then I WILL gain weight(fat)

I already have a bottle, but I'm still thinking about the 2 cups of green tea in the AM instead.

Yeah, you're probably right aobut the placebo effect!
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Feb-04-07, 09:06

Plan: Atkins (Strict Induction)
Stats: 183/120/115 Female 5'7.5"
BF:21.6%
Progress: 93%

She looks really good and I could never look like that - she is really small-boned IMO!