Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 17:24
Pending Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 314/306.6/299
BF:
Progress: 49%

Kevin,

2 MORE POUNDS TO THE GOAL!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

Hope to see a new post next week saying you made it!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 14:56

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 327/298/227
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default 298 !!!

Thanks all :

Went to a fanmtastic low carb store in Northern California: Greenbeanz ( www.greenbeanz.com) yesterday. Had my blood work: Very positive results ( all improved since pre low carbing ):

Total Cholestoral : 201 In the good range

Good to Bad ratio: 4.1 in the very good range

Spoke with the store nowner Rick who has maintained a 100lb. loss for 3 to 4 years now ( on LC WOL )and got some great information & motovation.

Asked him for advise on pushing through 300lbs., and he advised a 5 day cleansing / detoxifing Fast. The idea really appealed to me, invest 5 days to clean out my liver, colon etc. & drop a quick 5 to 10 lbs. It involves using the Natures Secret Brand, 5 day cleanse products; together with Atkins Essential Oil Supplements
and Protien drinks and of course at least 1/2 gallon of water daily.

I know that this will not be a fixall, but what the hell; after 3.5 Months of LC, with a healthy blood profile; why not. It will not harm my overall health and God knows, my body can use a cleanse.

My scale weight was 298 this AM ( mostly water I am sure, but it still felt good to nudge it ). I will report in and let you know how it goes. I was warned that a might get quite crabby, and I am being carefull to keep my temper in check.

Best wishes to all
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 18:30
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 360/310/299
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default detox fast...........

this is very interesting kevin,
I have been contemplating a juice tetox fast myself.........I just got a new juicer, and have been browsing thru "Atkins age defying diet" book........in the back he has a list of which vegetables and friuits have the most detoxing and cleansing effects with the least amount of carbs.......I will be watching to see how it goes for you...........blu
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 18:46
Pending Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 314/306.6/299
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Greenbeanz

Hi Kevin,

Good luck with your detox. I have done a few in the past and have always felt better afterwards (was that because it was over though? LOL) Seriously, a good spring cleaning never goes amiss.

Thanks for the info on Greenbeanz. We will be moving back to N.CA soon and it's great to know there's an LC store just waiting for me!

Keep up the great work!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 16:10

BF:
Default Thanks

I appreciate the encouragement. The scale was down big today, but I'm sure it's mostly water ( therfore I'm not counting it as fat loss in my head ) . Today is day 3 of 5, pretty weird... I am so used to eating... I'll tell you one thing... getting back to steak & salad low carbing has never felt more appealing... 2.5 more days... I'm taking it one day at a time...

best to you all...
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 19:09
Registered Member

BF:
Default jan 24th

I decided to do a 3 day juice tetox fast, today is day 2.
Kevin inspired me, also I just got a new juicer and wanted to try it ouy. am waiting to see how you came out kevin? did you make it thru all 5 days? oh and by the way ...I was checking to see if you had posted recently and noticed....

#22   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 16:54

BF:
Default 2.5 Days

I made it 2.5 days....I just really wanted a steak and salad... so I allowed myself.... I did continue to complete all of the vitamins & herbs ETAL... felt very good.... The best part of LC eating is that I am never hungry... durring the evening of the third day I was famished.... all in all it was a great experience.... I will most likely give it a go again in 3 Months...

Best of luck on yours...
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 17:18
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 200/190/150
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally posted by Squeezle
hi BluViolet! I fully agree with you that the final goal seems tooooo far away! I suppose my "ideal" ending goal would be somewhere between 170-180 (not quite sure - been so darn long since I've been there! LOL) but that seems almost impossible at this point. I think increments of 25lbs sounds good. I will be changing my goals too. I think 299 will be a major milestone for me and it is easier to stay motivated when the destination is a bit closer. Let's do this together ok?? If you don't mind, I will subscribe to your journal so I can stay more in touch with your progress and please feel free to do the same. WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
Your right there ,you need to start with baby steps. Looks like you and Blu are doing just that, and with these posting its good when you can find some one to share with,, that really does understand your feelings and moods, Good luck to the both of you. I;m here as with all your other new friends Just talk to any of us . we are here for you..
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 21:35
Registered Member

BF:
Default saturday 1/26

hey there...

kevin - congrats on makeing the first goal and graduating into the countdown to 249

this morning I felt really good....weighed in at 306
I noticed that my shoulder and neck muscles weren't as sore as they have been since my radiation, and I think the detox is helping there...so I decided to go for it today too....

I don't feel that hungry but,
there's a chicken roasting in the kitchen now with montreal spicy steak seasoning on it that is smelling pretty damn good tho!!
I wonder if we would all be skinny if we didn't have a sense of smell
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 11:49
Registered Member

BF:
Default tuesday 2/12/02

WOO-HOO!!
down to 303, getting pretty close now...I stayed at 306 for a couple weeks after my detox, but now she's starting to move again...It's very hard to be Good and Patient too ...Isn't it!