Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 07:18

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Good Morning all!

Happy weekend! I am doing great on CAD. I know my weight average is going to be lower come Monday, yay! It feels good to be on plan and to feel thinner. That's a great feeling, though I am not thin but no means, but to feel thinner than you were..... well that feels great!

I just wanted to say "hello". I hope everyone has a good weekend! We are going to a family day at my DH's workplace and lots of yummy foods will be served, so needless to say that will be when I take my RM hour
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 07:40

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Good Morning,

I did OK with my RM considering, DH made a wonderful turkey breast, but he also made the mashed potatoes and dressing to go with it. I did eat both of those, but tried not too eat too much of either. I didn't have any dessert, so that is a plus for me. Of course if he would have made pumpkin pie to go with this, I would not have done so well.

Linda. Good luck with the WATP tape. I have never tried that tape, but I have heard it is great. I love to exercise to the oldies. When I walk on my treadmill I always head for the oldies CD's to play. Will keep my fingers crossed that you won't have to go on stike. Not a fun thing to have to deal with.

Lisa & Shirl. Today is another day. It can be so hard sometimes to get firmly on track, but don't worry you will. It is extra hard when TOM makes an apperance. Hang in there. You can do this and you will feel so good.

Monto4boys, Congrats on doing so well. I am sure come Monday that scale will be in your favor. Keep up the good work.

Everyone have a great week-end. We all know the week-ends can be quite the challenge for most of us. We can do this..

#48   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 07:58

Stats: 218/210/175 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Good Morning All!

Smoking was hard for me to quit!!! WAY TO GO. My biggest challenge was the car where I seemed to smoke more because I was stuck there. I started recognizing my trigger places and brought coffee stir sticks to chew to death and fiddle with. It has been 3 years now and the smell of smoke is terrible to me now..you will get there and be able to breathe better!

I was wondering how many carbs are allowed on my CM meals and the entire day carb total? It seems that the salad dressings can kill you. Any salad dressing brands you can suggest? What exactly will a can of diet soda with my CM meal do to me...that is like a dessert for me. Does chicken and fish and lean meat have carbs that I need to count?
Thanks you guys!
Theresa
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 08:17

BF:

I am just starting to read the book so I was wondering if I could get someone to comment on my current eating if it is ok too much or not enough of something??

I eat breakfast at 6:30 (3 eggs, mushrooms and 1/4 cp cheddar) Today I added 4 slices turkey bacon no carbs or sugar and 20 cal a slice. I try and wait till noon for lunch (large green & cabbage mix salad with some chicken or turkey and feta or cheddar with salad dressing) Dinner is another 3 cup green & cabbage salad with dressing (no cheese) an approved veggie and then chicken or fish every now and then red meat. I have not been eating potato, rice etc carb, rather I have dessert. Creme Brulee, pudding, BUT last night I had a fat free brownie, 1 scoop ice cream and a tbsp choc sauce. the carbs were around 18, so I imagine that was bad, or am I supposed to count carb amounts on that. I am totally unclear about the RM sweet option. It seems that you can have pie, or whatever and not pay too much attention to the content as much as the 1/3 size......IS THIS WRONG..... ALSO diet soda :-( I crave those after lunch can I have one????
Thanks for your continued support. I have never done this thread thing before and I must say I love it!
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 11:03

BF:

Theresa

Basically you don't count carbs on CAD/CALP, however there is a rule about not having more then 4 grms of carbs during your CM's. You don't count any of the carbs in your veggies, but the carbs that you do count would come from possibly your salad dressing, or bacon, sausage, etc. The lower the better, but no more than 4 grms. You don't need to count carbs for your RM.

I usually make vinegar & Oil dressing. That is probably the safest one to have because there are 0 carbs in V & O, especially if you make it from scratch. Check your store bought dressing, because it could have sugar in it. Another one I have without too much problem is ranch dressing. It could be a problem for some as it does contain MSG.

What you ate for the day sounds really good. Your CM's look fine. Don't worry about counting your carbs for your RM. The main concern with your RM is that is it balanced.

Quote:
It seems that you can have pie, or whatever and not pay too much attention to the content as much as the 1/3 size......IS THIS WRONG.....

No, you are not wrong. The main thing is to make sure you are balanced with the 1/3 portions. Go ahead and have the pie or whatever, but make sure it is balanced with your protein and legal veggies and you will be fine. You don't need to eat LC foods or sweets at your RM. You can eat the LC treats if it makes your comfortable, but you don't have too.

Quote:
Does chicken and fish and lean meat have carbs that I need to count?

No, none of your chicken, fish, beef, have carbs in them unless it is processed, then they could have carbs.

Quote:
What exactly will a can of diet soda with my CM meal do to me...that is like a dessert for me.

If you see what you wrote you might have answered your own question "This is like a dessert to me". That is one of the reason why you should not have diet soda. Your body thinks it is getting sugar, and will release insulin and you don't want that to happen. Now some people do not have a problem with diet soda and they drink it with their CM's. What you need to do it give it a try and if you find that you have cravings for the rest of the day or extremely hungry, then that would be the first thing you need to cut out. Give it a try, you might be one of the lucky ones..

I hope I have answered your questions OK.. YOu are doing just fine. Keep reading the book. You will find it has a lot of good info in it.

#51   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 11:45

BF:

Thanks Diane,
I am glad I am doing ok. I guess I aort of panicked when I gained a pound back. It is that time of the month, so I imagine I may be retaining a bit of water or something like that. Really not sure what that does to the scale.
Hmmm soda well I need to watch that one
Theresa
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 12:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Theresa, I wanted to mention, and you will also learn this in the book, you need to average your weight by week because weight can fluctuate day to day, mine can be 3-4 pounds different some days. And if it is that much different don't fret, the average is what matters.
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 12:38

BF:

Theresa, TOM, can also cause a several lb gain, but will come off within a few dsys. Do what Amy suggested. Write down your weight for every day and then average your weight for the week. Your weight will fluctuate depending on what you ate the day before, too much sodium causes extra fluid build up.
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 14:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1st, now CAD
Stats: 218/218/146 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi!

Theresa, I just wanted to agree with the others - try not to get hung up on the day to day numbers on the scales. I know how hard it is, but it's the weekly average that counts! For me my weight will dip down to a new low then bounce back up a pound or even two the next day despite keeping on the plan. It's a result of perfectly normal body fluctuations. And also, weight loss may well be slower than usual on this plan - but that's the truly healthy way to lose weight.

It sounds like you're doing pretty good so far!
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-04, 14:34

Plan: SBD
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%

I am trying to stay on more the atkins side with once in a while doing cad. Mostly because of blood sugar, as I have type 2 diabetes.
I guess we need to start another Sun to Sun thread tonight.
I don't think I have lost any weight. I know you are suppose to weigh every day, but I get discouraged if I do. Weighing in next Sun.
Not much going on today. I have a roast in the crockpot for dinner, with carrots. Tomorow my Grandson is having his 13th birthday so I am eating Icecream and cake, I will try to not over do it.
I will start the thread again tonight.
Shirley