Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 02:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/177/154 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi Patricia,
You sound so happy! and I am really so happy for you. You come across as a very grounded, sane and basically content person and I'm very lucky to have you as a friend.
Well, to be honest I've only partly climbed back on the LC wagon. But I do intend to get serious from monday. I also intend to start a bit of exercise....maybe walking for about 30 mins in the evenings. I was also thinking of starting a bit of yoga.....there are some breathing exercises which people say really help with weight loss. It wont harm even if it does no good. (Too much thinking and too little action, you say....I agree . So tally ho it is, here comes lcanu !)

OK, bye now, take care and have fun,
Anu
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-05, 06:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: :(/:)/145 Female 5 feet 4
BF:
Progress:

Hellooooo Anu wow its been to long ! well today is my first day off, YIKES we were busy selling flowers ! I had some long days, also fell of the l/c wagon with a lot of cake lol it was the easiest thing to grab to eat (good excuse eh ) haha Iam trying to hop back on it today,also will go home for the weekend to visit my mom , and also RELAX!!!so have you been a good girl with the low carb lifestyle Anu? lol so how have you been doing anu lately ? and also your family, i hope everyone is well there my hubby comes home in one week so that will be a nice change again not being alone lol well all is well here , i think Iam to tired to think today , well take good care of yourself and i hope all is going good for you !! have a great day ... Patricia
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-05, 00:43
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Patricia,
Has it really been sooooo long? I'm really sorry about the huge time gap....this time I can claim a valid excuse. My daughter just started her first board exams and it was reaaaaaaaaly tense at home. My son's final exams are also on and I've been on tenter hooks. Woo, do I need a break or do I need a break!
So, have you started LCing again? I'm really impressed at the distance you have already covered so I guess you can afford to relax a bit.
How's mum? She must have loved your visit. Is hubby back from his extended trip?
OK bye now, have fun and keep smiling,
Anu
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 06:52

BF:
Progress:

Hi ya Anu wow all those exams can make you CRAZY lol when i went to see my mom , my neice was doing all that studying wow looked to hard for me to do again lol sign of old age on my part Iam doing well , busy with easter coming , and hubby is going away again for work,he will return weekends so thats also good Iam stil slipping on the low carb wagon some , i need to jump back on it and MEAN IT lol it will be easier with spring here soon than i can roam outside for fresh air , and walk and garden,so how are you making out with lowcarb?well time for work , i hope your kids did well on there exams and that all is going well for YOU !!! take care my friend from Patricia
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-05, 06:36

BF:
Progress:

Hi Anu wow its been awhile eh ? so are the kids all done with the exams now ? i hope so lol all is well here, finally spring has sprung , and all that nasty snow is gone Iam still busy with work , and go home to visit mom when i can on the l/c way of life, Iam about the same , i seem to break a little more often but haven't gained any back but also havent lost more either lol, I am hoping now that nice weather is here I will get out a little more , walk , garden etc but its tough anu so how are things going in your life ?my hubby is away again , just a few hrs away so he returns on weekends everything else is the same here , life goes on quicky .. well i hope all is the best for you my friend take care ... Patricia
  #96   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-05, 08:49
Registered Member

BF:

Hiya Patricia,
Wooo, has it really been that long? Time really does fly doesn't it? Phew, yes I'm done with one set of exams......next set comin' right up!!
So, how've u been? I'm glad to hear the weather is warmer...it would be glorious in a while, no?
I've been generally fine...managing the addition to my family (dad) and juggling time. He just left today to be with my sis in New Jersey for a while. He's doing alright, but the memories are painful....
I've finally climbed back on the LC wagon again...feeling great. We're planning a holiday in the mountains next month....really looking forward it. There's a lake at 17,400 feet, really cold and we're all expecting to have a whale of a time. All of us need a break and the kids will have their summer hols, so this should give them something to look forward to.
Bye now, Patricia. Do keep writing in. It's very nice to hear from you,
Anu
  #97   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 02:26
Registered Member

BF:

Hullo Patricia, where have you gotten to? I hope you are well and your family too. You really seem to have dropped off the radar.
I've just returned from a great holiday in the mountains......on the border between India and Tibet. Very very exciting.
Tell you more later. Write in soon
Anu
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-05, 15:04

BF:
Progress:
Default hi ya Anu ... :)

HI there , well so sorry its been to long i havent checked messages for a long time , and i knew you were so busy , Iam well, was to busy with work , selling flowers and than our florwer shop was moved , any day off I take it to be withmom .. so i guess Iam to busy some times to even think anymore .I still have my vacation time left so maybe i can relax than some haha yeah right ! hubby is still away during the week and home on weekends, that wil end in july sometime so life will be more normal than so your vacation went wel ? iT SURE SOUNDS LIKE A LOVELY AREA ... and hows your dad ? did he have a nice holiday also ? hows your kids and family? school out yet ? I sure find it hard to get back on the low carb band wagon again!! yikes... I have slipped big time OCH.... havent gained YET or lost EITHER!!! I need to restart maybe? and how goes the battle for you Anu? I did so well for so long and now i feel like Iam losing my weight strengh maybe haha well its time to bag a little bag and hop to PEI to visit with my mom for the nite .... take care Anu...I was thinking of you today and I hope all is well in your life ! talk soon .. best wishes always .... from Patricia
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 01:18
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Patricia,
So nice to hear from you again.
I'm sorry to know that you've fallen off the wagon, but it's really hard to climb back on......I should know. I've not really been able to get back on properly since mom's time....a few days on then off again. Thank goodness, my weight has not increased much (not that I had lost a helluva lot to start with
It must be much warmer now...glorious weather and all? Where i live it's the height of summer.......HOTTTTTer than hell and 90% humidity to boot. We're all waiting eagerly for the rainy season to start...It's delayed already by about a week and the national collective have hung out their tounges!!!
I must tell you, my daughter did quite well in her board exams...so I guess the tension must have been worth it, eh!

Talk to you again soon Patricia, stay well.
Anu
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 11:46

Plan: No plan (I'm a newbie)
Stats: 215/215/170 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Good luck!!!

Wow,
It's been a very, very long time since I ventured into this website. A the start of this year, this is the website which motivated me to try low-car diet. I did a strict diet for two months and then I fell pery to the traps of carbs.

Anyway I was bored at work and just browsed to this site and by chance, your forum. You two have been able to keep up the companionship over such a long time. And obviously, you are a positive influence on each other. I urge you to keep it going. Share whatever you are feeling with the other and that will take a lot off your mind.

Good luck,
Kumar
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 04:41

BF:
Progress:

Kumar ...thank you for your positive thoughts, Anu has been a wonderful friend , have a wonderful day Patricia
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 04:51

BF:
Progress:

Hellooooo Anu , well how is life going now for you ? I can't belive this is the start of my mini vacation WOW!! Iam packing and typing as we speak lol off to PEI to visit with MOM , I have been working a lot as usual, and any free time its to spend with my dear mom hubby is stil away during the week , i went back on induction and lost anything i gained feel good again , but know i will slip some on PEI , my sister is a wonderful cook so we shall see how it goes there ,the weather is wonderful , flowers are all in bloom and if i had the time its beach weather .... Iam glad to hear the exams went well , glad thats all over with i bet lol so hows the low carb lifestyle going for you Anu ? when do you take your next holidays? and your dad whats he been up to ? I hope all is going well for you Anu , wel my suitcase is ful so time for the drive to visit my family take good care of yourself and your family .. talk soon i hope ! have a great day .. bye bye anu .... from Patricia n.b canada
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 04:53
Registered Member

BF:

Dear GNV,
Thanks a lot for your kind comments. I've been really busy lately...not checking my mail and all, so I came across your message rather late, but thanks anyway.
Greetings from calcutta,
Anu
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 06:06
Registered Member

BF:

Haloooooo Patricia,
When you were a kid did you listen to a song by Cliff Richard called......We're all goin' on a summer holiday...........I dont remember the rest of it but it was a really happy cheery song. You sound like a walking advert for that number
So, how was the great holiday? Hogged to heart's content? Really, life's more worthwhile with some groovvy home cooked grub, ain't it? How's mum? I'm sure she was very happy to see you.

My dad's fine...more or less. When he's alone the memories come flooding back and he feels very depressed, but the rest of the time he's ok. He's still with my sis in NJ, should be back with me in Oct/Nov.
So, Patricia, are you back at work now, among the lovely flowers and all?
I'll sign off now and hope to talk to you soon. Stay well and climb back on the wagon! (That's for me too!!)
Anu
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 22:14
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Patricia,
Where have you got to? Looooooooooong time no hear. I hope everything's fine with you.
Write in soon,
Anu