Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-04-08, 11:48

Plan: CKD
Stats: 242/217/205 Male 73 inches
BF:25%/17%/12%
Progress: 68%
Default How long to wait between CKD/TKDs?

Hey folks,

I'm about the enter the 13th of a planned 16 week CKD. I've done very clean 24hr carbups, for the most part. I've gone from 25% to 17% body fat. My gym performance has suffered very little during this time. I plan to go a little nuts on the exercise and a little lower than I ought to on the caloric intake with my last two weeks of this because I *badly* want to squeeze whatever progress I still can while I have my 3 weeks left.

The question that I pose is: How long, roughly, should I wait to do another CKD or maybe a TKD if I want optimum results.

In my off-time I plan on staying *very* active. I've got an awesome habit of being in the gym before 5am most weekdays and I have no plans on changing that. I just wish that my metabolism would let me see this through to 12% bodyfat without my having to take a break.

Thanks in advance for any your thoughts on this, guys!

-vect0rx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 05:29
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Lyle McDonald talks a lot about diet breaks, and their usefulness, in his Guide to Flexible Dieting.

Generally it's a good idea, no matter what kind of diet you're on, to take occasional diet breaks of 7-10 days--2 weeks is better--where you eat at maintenance calories, normal protein, carbs at least 100g daily. This will help upregulate all the hormones that were suppressed due to dieting, and thus help your diet "work better" when you return to it.

HTH!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 19:23

Plan: CKD
Stats: 242/217/205 Male 73 inches
BF:25%/17%/12%
Progress: 68%

I'm a pretty big fan of Lyle McDonald's earlier work and have been considering picking that book up. Maybe it's about time to.

I used his article on setting maximum caloric deficits based roughly upon 31 cal * lb bodyfat to start this diet off.

Thanks for the reply