Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-16, 14:32

Plan: Atkins 20 plan
Stats: 215/202.4/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default Purchase Keton stick it showing...

I purchase the Ketone sticks and it is showing that I have a "small" about the ketone's showing up. How can I get this really purple I am in the atkins 20 and I have been closly monitoring my food intake and lately I have notice that I have been constipated. At first I increase my intake of water and have been getting a lot of leg cramps so I slowed down the my water intake . I have lost about 10 pounds in about a month My weight is now is 201.6 looking forward to be at 135 early next year or sooner.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-16, 06:09

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Have you gotten your sticks purple yet my2girls? I see no one has answered your post. Sorry.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-16, 06:49

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Welcome, my2girls! There are many threads on this forum that address the topic of ketone sticks and their effectiveness or lack thereof. Suggest you use the Advanced Search feature (the regular search on this forum has been disabled) on this forum and search for ketone sticks. You'll find much information that will address your question.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-16, 07:05

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Here's one of those previous threads. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...t=463436&page=1

And to help avoid cramps, check if you are getting enough salt. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...210#post8626210

Suggest you don't set yourself up for a having a certain pound loss in X number of weeks. 65 pounds in 20 weeks is somewhat unrealistic. And the scale can lie, choosing other health goals and clothing size might be a more positive approach. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=365499

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Aug-28-16 at 07:11.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 02:34

Plan: Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 225/183/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2girls2
I purchase the Ketone sticks and it is showing that I have a "small" about the ketone's showing up. How can I get this really purple I am in the atkins 20 and I have been closly monitoring my food intake and lately I have notice that I have been constipated. At first I increase my intake of water and have been getting a lot of leg cramps so I slowed down the my water intake . I have lost about 10 pounds in about a month My weight is now is 201.6 looking forward to be at 135 early next year or sooner.

No advice on the keto sticks, but I can relate to all the other stuff. I take Magnesium Citrate daily (slowly worked myself up to double the dose, so 800 mg a day) because that is literally what it takes for me to not cramp and not be constipated. Works for both PLUS gives me a GREAT sleep every night (take right before bed). Apparently that dose would make some people run to the bathroom, but not me, even at 650 grams a day for a few weeks things were still a bit "hard". I also just learned that too much water (if your pee runs clear) lowers your eletrolytes (duh, common sense, but I never put two and two together) and have since cut back as well. I also like to set myself a goal to keep me motivated, my goal is 6 lbs a month or 1.5 lbs a week. For me goals are good (realistic ones though) and if it proves unreasonable I can readjust and keep myself focused. I treat this like a discipline, like an athlete... go for gold! I Hope to see you around (why don't you start a journal in the journal section, it is a good way for users to build camaraderie and journey together).
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 12:55

Plan: Atkins 20 plan
Stats: 215/202.4/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Thank you for replying to my post I had a hard time trying to locate my post. I purchased the sticks an they have been some what helpful. I am have gained .9 oz I am a daily weigher and it is stressful to try to stay focus after seeing the scale not work in your favor. I may be retaining water or my body is holding on to fat I don't know.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 13:21

BF:

come and join us on the daily weigh in thread found in http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106 , they should be putting up a new challenge tomorrow tonight or tomorrow morning for the month of September. It helps to see that everyone has their ups and downs and stalls and we all just persevere and hold out to see some downward movement by the end of the month. The more you participate in different threads the more you will see, it's a long road, but we get closer to goal every month when we don't get sidetracked or overwhelmed!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 13:24

BF:

also, to find previous threads you have started or posted, go to your user control panel (user CP on the far left of the green menu bar at top of page) and then if it is not a recent thread with new posts you have to click on view all subscribed threads. That will bring up older threads. By default I believe the site subscribes you to any thread you start or post in. Hope that helps!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 16:55

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

By default, you should get a daily notification of any previous thread and post answered. Do not turn this off if you want reminders and a direct link to any previous threads of interest.

Or Anytime, click on your Username anywhere, and then click "Find All Previous Posts by X" Can also update your profile, etc with that quick tip.

Last edited by JEY100 : Thu, Sep-01-16 at 03:51.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-16, 17:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

We go up and down, up and down, it's just the way of it.

But if you stick to your eating plan, the way Dr. Atkins wrote it, you will trend down.

It's no problem to go up, so long as you are eating what you know is on plan. If somebody habitually cheats, then the weight rising is a sign of regain. If you're staying loyal to your plan, it could be that the humidity has increased, that you're a little constipated, that you are getting your period, that you've been exercising more than usual and your muscles are inflamed...

But your size will continue to drop, and that's the really important part, right?