Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 12:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/199/175 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Thumbs down Did any one slip on Mother's Day besides me?

Yep...I did pretty good, ate nice prime rib, olive salad, but wrecked the whole thing by having a slice of dessert and strawberrys with chocolate Fondue....No more buffets I hope!!! I am back on track today...but have a dinner out Tuesday night and a luncheon Wed....I am trying hard to stay in Induction and promise to be more careful eating those meals out....like I said Buffets are back for dieting.....Please encourage me....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 12:50

Stats: 248/140/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 105%

I did'nt slip, but what I did was worse, I totally skipped lunch and dinner, I just was not hungry.

But hey, your post is positive and you are back on track!! Don't sweat it!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 12:58

Plan: Whole30
Stats: 300/269.2/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

I kinda slipped. I ate way over my carb allowance, but I did it with peanuts (how can you just stick to 1 ounce once you open up that big jar), pork rinds and the low carb cheesecake (found the recipe at atkins site). Just remember your 25% of your goal - that's great so far!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 13:01

Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I actually surprised myself and stayed on plan. We went to Ruby Tuesday and I had 1/4 of a lc quesadilla and then split the Church Street Chicken dinner and a piece of the lc cheesecake with my mom.
I wasn't stuffed and felt really good about not cheating.

My sister's appetizer and fries looked pretty darn good though, I have to admit.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 13:02
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I had a hershey pie from Burger King.

DH got it for me and said, I know you can't have this but I think you deserve a sinful treat for having lost so much weight.

He never pushes sinful foods on me but he just wanted to give me a treat. It's the thought that counts.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 13:42

Stats: 175/138/135 Female 5'7"
BF:I did it!
Progress: 93%

I did really well with my meals until we had some company over in the afternoon. I was serving them some coconut cream pie that we had bought at a fund-raiser, and I thought "This is a good way to get rid of temptation!" However, I couldn't resist sneaking a bite...and another bite...and a couple more as I was cleaning out the pie tin. Man, was that good!!! But not good for me! I only had about a half a cup of the filling, and it's something like 44 carbs.... Today I am mowing the lawn...with a push mower....
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 13:55
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

I had my very 1st cheat. That is one and no more!
Dh took me out for a wonderful dinner at a new restaurant in town. I had filet mignon and a lobster tail....dh had chicken cordon bleu....no bread or potatoes...instead extra veggies...a nice glass of wine...and no dessert! When the waiter brought our bill....instead of the usual chocolate mint or after dinner mint....he brought these huge chocolate dipped strawberries. They were h-u-g-e!!! Like a whole dessert !Any hoo i popped that whole thing in my mouth....if anyone would have tried to stop me I might have bitten them.
I'm still in ketosis today... Hubby couldn't believe how fast that baby dissappeared. I'm on owl so the strawberry was allowed...I think the decadent german chocolate was not tho.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 14:34

Stats: 192/155/145 Female 5'6"
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 79%

I went to my grandmother's house for dinner...and she had Pork Loin...good right??? and then Baked beans, baked apples and macaroni salad and then for desert, strawberry shortcake (strawberries soaked in sugar and water)...
So I had lots of pork loin....1 small spoon or baked beans.

Killed me...I wanted some apples and Strawberry Shortcake.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 14:40
i see stars

Plan: My own way
Stats: 168/165/140 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie Real
I actually surprised myself and stayed on plan.

So did I! However, my mum's birthday was Thursday - I took her out to eat at Applebee's and I had a Perfect Margarita and thos Boneless Buffalo Wings.

Bad breading, BAD!

So, I resolved not to do it again only a few days later.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 15:05

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

I really blew it. My dh made this wonderful omelet for breakfast. I calculated the carbs and it was almost 20 crabs just for breakfast. For lunch he made bacon wrapped scallops, those weren't to bad. But then dinner happened. He made pork roast (I ate 4 slices), aspargus (I ate 12 spears w/butter), and lobster tail. Which wasn't to bad except for the clarified butter and the bowl of fresh strawberries with fresh whipped cream. I enjoyed every bite and then I was mad at myself for enjoying it. I am too scared to even look at the carbs and calorie count in fitday. I told my dh next year I will make the Mother's day dinner.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 15:48

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 237/182/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

We went out for a Mother's Day buffet dinner, and the entire buffet was carb-y except the sliced beef, the turkey, and caesar salad. Nothing but potatoes, rice, potato salad, rice salad, mountains of rolls, that wierd marshmallow salad, and so on.

I ate beef, turkey, and caesar salad. And drank a jug of water. Boy, that turkey is dry without gravy ... Still, I figured that I ate my meal ticket in protein -- they didn't make any money on me!

And I don't want to be unkind, but 99% of the people lining up to serve themselves enormous slabs of cake, pie, brownies, soft ice cream and so on at the dessert table probably shouldn't have been doing that, if you know what I mean. So I did feel virtuous, if somewhat deprived (my dad, sitting right beside me, had two slices of pie [groan])
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 17:35

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

DH purchased a meat platter from Honey Baked ham which consisted of ham, chicken, beef. They were all barbecued plus there was baked beans. He did not realize everything would be barbecued. I ate it and it was pretty good but my throat ached from all the sugar. I weighed this AM and my weight is holding.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 18:06
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

When I woke up Sunday morning I decided I was going to eat whatever I felt like for the entire day, which is exactly what I did. And it was almost all carbs!

I have done this twice before in the 14 months I've been LCing, so I'm okay with it, and am right back on plan today. Consider it a blip on your LC radar screen, and just keep on going with the plan.

Liz
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 18:16

Plan: generic low carb now
Stats: 210/212/145 Female 63
BF:plenty
Progress: -3%

I did real good at my sister's house. I had bbq (no sauce) chicken and pork ribs, green salad and a few strawberries. NO garlic bread. No rice/broccoli casserole. Skipped desssert.

Then, DBF wanted to stop and pick up Krispy Kreme to take to work today (we don't have one in our town 70 miles away so it's a novelty) We walk in and they shove a warm one into your hand ... I've never tasted one before ... and it was too sweet and gave me a tummy ache.

It that what all the fuss about? I guess I satisfied my curiosity and it was no big deal. No gain this morning, and I'm back on plan and have no desire to repeat ...
  #15   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 07:42

Plan: Atkins(Starting over)
Stats: 252/251/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 1%

I just want to say I am so glad for this post. I had gotten off track my second full week on induction. It was my son's birthday and mother's day. I felt so bad about that I started my usual "what's the point" I am always going to be fat and never going to have the success. But I came back to the forum to try to see if I'm alone in this and to try to get some encouragement. Fortunately, I did and I'm going to check myself and get back on track.

I have a question, when a person cheats on this diet(Atkins), should they go back to induction or go to the next phase if the 14 days are up?

faith