Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-01, 06:01

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default Starting again!

Ok, Dan and I are doing the CKD again starting Monday morning (next Monday).... I want to know from everyone out there, what are your favorite recipes? It is much easier for us when we plan out the week in advance what we'll eat for dinner/lunch/snacks. So, if everyone could post their one favorite, easy to make, snack or dinner it would be very helpful!!!

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-01, 08:11
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

A great recent favorite is Doreen's turnip hashbrowns:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...=&threadid=4049

Great addition to eggs!

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-01, 08:16
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

This is my current fave...

Korean-Style Tofu
Makes 6 pieces, which should serve 2-3

Tofu

1 lb. block medium firm tofu
2 eggs
1/4 tsp. salt

Sauce

2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp. dried ground chilies, or more or less to taste
2 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onion
1 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds

Slice the tofu into six pieces and lay out on paper towels to drain while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.

Beat the eggs with the salt and set aside. Combine the sauce ingredients.

Heat 1 Tbsp. of vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Dip the tofu slices into the egg and place in the pan. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the tofu. Fry until golden brown on one side. Flip over and cook until golden brown on the other side. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with the sauce.

Total Carbohydrates: 21.8
Total Carbohydrates Minus Fiber: 18.6
Carbohydrates per Piece: 3.6
Carbohydrates per Piece minus Fiber: 3.1
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-01, 08:38

BF:

Thanks Karen and Wa'il!
Hmmm.... I have never tried turnips or tofu so it will be a new experience!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-01, 08:52
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Cool bestest, favouritest, fastest meal

Omelets/Fritattas

1. Use leftover steamed veggies from the day before .. broccoli and/or cauliflower are perfect. Or, sauté some mushrooms, zucchini, green onion, sweet red peppers ... oh, almost forgot .. leftover eggplant is wonderful too.

2. Melt a little butter, either sauté veggies from fresh or heat up the leftovers.

3. Add crumbled cooked meat ... believe it or not even hamburger is good .. .. or cook up bacon or sausage from fresh, crumble it up, and cook the veggies in the same pan (after removing most of the drippings)

4. Dot with grated sharp-tasting cheese, pour over desired number of beaten eggs ... Cook over medium heat till bottom is set, then pop under the broiler for a few minutes till the top is puffed and bubbly. Yummm.

5. You can vary this to suit your whimsy ... and it's good cold too, cut in wedges (eat with your fingers, but have a napkin handy ..)

Enjoy, Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-01, 06:13

BF:

Thanks Doreen!
Come on everyone else out there!!! I know there's a lot of you.... Help me out and post your favorite recipe!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-01, 14:56

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb How about Tequila chicken

How about Tequila chicken

Take chicken breast pound the crap out of it then marinated it in the tequila over night. Do this even if you don’t like tequila…it makes the chicken VERY tender!! Then fry a few pieces of bacon and crumble and set a side. Sautee some mushrooms and get some low carb cheese slices. Fry your chicken in butter. When done, top with cheese, mushrooms and the crumbled bacon. Put lid on an wait till it all melts together!!

SSSSOOOOO VERY GOOD!!
Lorraine
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-01, 17:01

BF:

Thanks Lorraine! Sounds great!

Keep 'em coming everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-01, 19:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Me just plain Jane, but sure hope all these are in the recipe section...Yummy
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-01, 20:21
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:

Oh Lorraine, your Tequila chicken sounds so yummy!. I copied that one!!! Yummm...

Speaking of chicken, not to push my own ideas here BUT, a couple fave chicken recipes (which I'm reminding myself that I must make this week) are posted to the members' Recipe webpage (click on the red menu bar) ... but I'll give the links to the two specific recipes here.

The first is Lemon-Garlic-Herbed chicken ... the second is Lime-Ginger-Sesame chicken. Both recipes are really simple, you just put the chicken in the pan you plan to bake it in, dump on the marinade ingredients, toss to mix, refrigerate a few hours, then put in cold oven, turn on heat and bake till done. It's so good hot, and absolutely awesome cold too ... quick to grab on the run (have napkins handy!). Each piece is 1 gram (or less) carbs.

If you want delicious combined with fast and easy, check out Karen's article Jazz Up Your Induction in our Tips webpage. Great ideas there!!

You guys are amazing. I know your goal is fitness and health ... and you're so committed to the lowcarb/CKD ... keep up the good work. Love ya both ..

Doreen
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-01, 20:30

BF:
Default Doreen-- i luv ya too!!!!

YUMMY!!!
Doreen the chicken recipes sound great! I think you're amazing also! This board gives me a great deal of support and your constant suggestions/answers to questions are greatly appreciated!!!

starting Monday I am going to start a journal in the bootcamp section to keep me motivated!!!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-01, 23:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/176/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

Just made these yummy pork chops.

First I beat 1 egg with 2 tablespoons of caeser salad dressing. Then I crushed a bag of pork rinds up. I dipped the boneless pork chop into the caeser/egg mix and then into pork rinds. Cooked for about 45 minutes with served with some daikon hash browns (not a fan of radishes so that was a test on the tastebuds).

Anyhow the pork chops were awesome and had just a wee bit of caeser flavor and were so tender and juicy. I will definitely make these again!

Good luck on CKD Monday!!!

Stina
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-01, 05:42

BF:
Thumbs up

Stina-
Thanks for the recipe idea....mmmmm!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-01, 11:38

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Default Cool

Thanks everyone ... Fern and I are making a little cookbook of our favorites on Mastercook.

The recipes sound awesome! Mmmm ... tequila chicken ....

I also plan to do a journal on the bootcamp page. We are making our shopping list, getting the fat burners ready, and I am waiting on the arrival of a BUNCH of Keto products today (a company that sells hi-protein/lo-carb keto-chips, keto-pasta, and keto- well ... just about everything!). I figure we'll be the guinea pigs. I get to write it all off as research (it's fun being in the fitness/nutrition professions!)

Maybe when we are done this time, I will have a FULL six-pack and not just the upper 4 and some outlines of the rest ....

Thanks for the support gang!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-01, 09:17

Plan: Atkins, General low carb
Stats: 190/189/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi All,

I love all of your recipes! so creative. I just started up again on induction this week after gaining WAY TOO MUCH on vacation a couple of weeks ago. So far since monday I've dropped 5.5 lbs. Seems like alot, but I think if my ankles were any indication, I was seriously bloated from carbs and BEER. I feel much better.
I make omelets like Doreen, and my boyfriend (an ex EGG HATER), loves them soooo much, that we have them for dinner quite often too. He's happy that I load it up with meat

~Lisa

225/161/145