I don't know if I'm allowed to post this here, but I guess I'll find out.
This might help you Ms Arielle, or anyone else who's interested.
Things that might cause cravings, weight gain, or plateaus:
1. Eating more than 4 times a day.
2. Drinking coffee with cream and/or AS more than once a day outside your RM or taking more than 15 minutes to drink that once a day coffee with cream and/or AS.
3. Eating too much cheese at CMs--more than 2 ounces.
4. Artificial sugar during the day or at CM.
5. Diet Soda during the day outside your RM.
6. LC recipes or lc products during CM.
7. Exceeding 4 carbs per CM exclusive of listed foods.
8. Too much fat at CMs.
9. Hidden carbs/sugars, fillers.
10. Using net carb theory.
11. Atkins allowed vegetables that aren't on the CM list.
12. Vegetables that aren't on the CM list.
13. Trigger foods at CM--MSG, broccoli, green/red peppers, cottage cheese, onions, AS, pork rinds.
14. Allergen/sensitive foods at CM/RM-- sugar, wheat, dairy, cheese, eggs.
15. Not enough protein. Try for at least 12 ounces.
16. Flavored waters.
17. Salad dressings with more than 2 carbs per serving.
18. Nuts, bars, shakes, mock danish, pork rinds.
19. Unbalanced, wildly unbalanced, or carb binging RMs.
20. Gum and breath mints.
21. SF Metamucil or fiber outside CM/RM.
22. Exceeding the 60 minute RM rule by even a few minutes.
Craving Reducing Foods List
ANY FOOD *NOT* LISTED SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A CARBOHYDRATE-RICH FOOD
all regular and lean meats, including: bacon (check the label for sugars) ham(check the label for sugars) lamb, rabbit, veal, beef, hamburger, pastrami, sausages (no added sugar)* corned beef, hot dogs (all meat), pork, venison. Most lunch meats contain added sugars and fillers and those not listed in this meat section should be saved for reward meals only.
light and dark varieties, with or without skin including: capon, chicken, cornish hen, duck, goose, pheasant, quail, squab, turkey (ground or whole)
FISH AND SHELLFISH:
all varieties, canned, jarred (no sugar), or cooked (no bread crumbs), including: bass, bluefish, calamari, clams, cod, crabmeat, flounder, haddock, halibut, lobster, monkfish, oysters, perch, salmon, sardines, scallops, scrod, shrimp, smelt, sole, sturgeon, swordfish, trout, tuna
DAIRY AND NON-MEAT ALTERNATIVES:
Regular or low-fat varieties of: eggs, egg substitutes, cheese (all varieties except low-fat ricotta), cream cheese, cottage cheese* milk, cream, or half-and-half (up to 2oz daily in one cup of coffee or tea or in cooking; not nondairy creamers), sour cream, tofu (soybean curd) vegetarian meat alternatives that contain 4 grams of carbohydrate or less per average serving
fresh, stir-fried, sautéed (no breading), steamed, or boiled non-starchy vegetables alfalfa sprouts, bamboo shoots, brussels spouts, celery, green beans, kohlrabi, okra, peppers (green or red*), snap beans, tomatoes (raw, about 1/4 per meal), arugula, bean spouts, cabbage, cucumbers, greens (all), lettuce, onions (as seasoning only), radishes, sorrel (sour grass), asparagus, broccoli*, cauliflower, endive, kale, mushrooms, parsley, scallions, spinach, wax beans
OILS, FATS, AND DRESSINGS:
butter or margarine, regular mayonnaise: oils: all varieties salad dressings: all regular and low-fat varieties where sugar is not among first four ingredients.
capers (for garnish only), garlic, horseradish, ketchup 1-2 tablespoons only), mustard, onion (fresh or powdered for cooking only), seeds (poppy or sesame, for cooking only), wine* (dry varieties, for cooking only) dill pickles, herbs, juice (citrus, small amounts for cooking only), mayonnaise (regular only), olives (green or black, no pimientos), pepper or salt, spices, vinegar (white, all other varieties*)
carbonated water, club soda (non flavored)*, coffee, seltzer (non flavored) tea
*if your particularly sensitive to carbs, you may find that these foods can cause rebound cravings or educed weight loss. If so, or you have concern, eliminate them or save for reward meals.
CAD/CALP CHEAT SHEET
1. EAT TWO MEALS OR TWO MEALS AND A SNACK COMPRISED OF THE LISTED FOODS.
2. EAT 12-16 OUNCES OF PROTEIN A DAY; MOSTLY RED MEAT, DARK MEAT POULTRY, AND FISH.
3. EXCEPT FOR THE AMOUNTS LISTED, ITEMS ARE LIMITED TO 3 GRAMS OF CARBOHYDRATE/ITEM AND A TOTAL OF 6 GRAMS/MEAL FOR CONDIMENTS/OTHER ITEMS.
4. A SNACK IS ONE-HALF THE SIZE OF A MEAL. ALWAYS CARRY AN ALLOWED SNACK SUCH AS BEEF JERKY WITH YOU WHEN OUT.
3. DO NOT EAT ANY FOOD DURING YOUR NON-CARBOHYDRATE MEALS WITH MORE THAN 3 GRAMS OF CARBOHYDRATE PER SERVING.
5. HAVE ONE BALANCED REWARD MEAL W/SALAD EATING WHATEVER YOU WANT, HOWEVER MUCH YOU WANT. EAT NO LONGER THAN 60 CONTINUOUS MINUTES. DO NOT LET MORE THAN 20 MINUTES LAPSE BETWEEN FOODS TAKEN WITHIN THE 60 MINUTE REWARD MEAL.
6. CALP GUIDE IS TO HAVE A BALANCED REWARD MEAL COMPRISED OF 1/3 PROTEIN, 1/3 VEGETABLES AND 1/3 CARBOHYDRATES (INCLUDING DESSERT AND ALCOHOL)
7. EXCEPT FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS, HAVE REWARD MEAL FOR THE SAME MEAL EACH DAY.
8. OTHER THAN DIET SOFT DRINKS, SUGAR SUBSTITUTES AND SUGAR-FREE GELATIN; DO NOT USE DIET OR LOW FAT PRODUCTS WITHOUT CHECKING CARBOHYDRATES.
9. LIMIT DIET SOFT DRINKS TO 2 AND ADDITIONAL SUGAR SUBSTITUTES TO 2 PER DAY. AVOID MSG.
10. DRINK 8-10 12 OUNCE GLASSES OF WATER A DAY.
11. USE UP TO 2 OUNCES MILK, HEAVY LIGHT OR COFFEE CREAM IN YOUR COFFEE ONCE A DAY AND DRINK IT WITHIN 15 MINUTES, OTHERWISE HAVE IT BLACK. DO NOT USE NON-DAIRY POWDER.
12. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. FOOD ALLERGIES/SENSITIVITIES CAN ALSO CAUSE CRAVINGS, GAS, BLOATED/UPSET STOMACHES, AND HEADACHES. IF ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS RESULT FROM THE REWARD MEAL, INVESTIGATE/FIND THE CULPRIT FOOD AND MINIMIZE/AVOID IT IN YOUR DIET.
13. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY II. SOME CARBOHYDRATE ADDICTS CAN REACT TO THESE FOODS WITH INCREASED APPETITE/CRAVINGS ALSO—ARTIFICIAL SUGARS, SUGAR ALCOHOLS, DIET SODAS, CAFFEINE, COTTAGE CHEESE, YOGURT, BROCCOLI, RED PEPPER AND OTHER HIGHER CARB VEGGIES. IF ANY OF THESE AFFECT YOU, ONLY HAVE THEM WITH YOUR REWARD MEAL.
PROTEIN (4-6 oz. Cooked, 6-8 oz. Raw/meal)
Any tofu, meat, game, poultry, containing 3 grams of carbohydrate or less per serving.
Any fish or shellfish without added fillers or sugars. Do not eat imitation lobster, crab or fish.
Any cheese containing 3 grams of carbohydrate or less per serving.
Eggs or egg substitutes containing 3 grams of carbohydrate or less per serving.
Watch out for prepared egg, meat or fish salads, they often put breadcrumbs in them to extend them.
FATS, OILS AND DRESSINGS
Heavy cream, sour cream, cream cheese, fats, oils or dressings containing 3 grams of carbohydrate or less per serving.
VEGETABLES (2 cups raw or 1 cup cooked or mixture/meal; do not count lettuces)
Beans (green or wax)
Cabbage, all kinds
Lettuce, all kinds
Onions (2 tbsp)
Squash (summer only)
Tomatoes (raw, ¼ only)
Catsup (2 tbsp)
Lime/lemon juice (2 tbsp)
Last edited by PaCarolSue : Sun, May-13-18 at 07:48.