Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 05:05

Plan: think im gonna try the atkins diet
Stats: 139/139/10 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:
Default I Am Very New Here And Need A Little Help!!!

HI EVERYONE IM VERY VERY NEW TO THE ATKINS DIET INFACT I HAVENT REALLY GOT ANY INFO ON IT BECAUSE I NEEDED TO CHECK IT OUT A LITTLE BIT FIRST BEFORE I START CHUCKING MY MONEY AWAY AGAIN ON A DIET THAT EITHER DOESNT SUIT ME OR JUST DOESNT WORK.
SO SORRY IF I SOUND A LITTLE NEGATIVE BUT I HAVE BIN DIETING FOR YEARS (ON AND OFF) AND AM STILL LOOKING FOR THAT SPECIAL DIET TO WORK.
LIKE I SAID I HAVENT REALLY GOT ANY INFO ABOUT THE ATKINS DIET (I HAVENT EVEN INVESTED IN ANY BOOKS ON IT), SO BEFORE I DO WOULD SOMEBODY BE ABLE TO TELL ME WHAT KIND OF FOODS YOU EAT AND IS IT TRUE THAT YOU CAN EAT AS MUCH MEAT AS YOU WISH: CHICKEN, PORK, BEEF, LAMB, TURKEY, SAUSAGES,BURGERS, AND DO YOU HAVE TO FRY THEM IN COOKING OIL OR GRILL THEM.
I AM ALSO A CHEESE MONSTER AND YOU CAN EAT THAT TOO (DREAM COME TRUE). IF YOU CAN EAT ALL THE ABOVE THEN WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO HAVE WITH THEM. ALSO I USUALLY HAVE SOME KIND OF SAUCE WITH EVERYTHING I EAT ie,red,brown,s/cream,mayo,garlic mayo.
SORRY ABOUT ALL THE QUESTIONS BUT I COULD DO WITH HAVING A LITTLE MORE INFO TO SEE IF ITS FOR ME AND IF I CAN WORK IT AROUND MY JOB.
THANKS EVA SO MUCH AND SORRY AGAIN FOR THE ESSAY.

FEENY.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 05:22
Too kinky for you

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/246/187 Male 176 cm
BF:xxx/27.2/20
Progress: 24%

Hi there.
First thing I'll say to you is that you should buy Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution.
It's not hugely expensive, and if you DON'T decide to follow it I am sure you will be able to sell it!
The book is FULL of valuable information and to be frank you'd be mad to try and follow the plan without this in your armoury.
It's not true that you can eat as much as you want. You certainly NEVER deprive yourself though! This is not a diet where you go hungry, but it's also not a license to stuff your face till you burst.
Frying is good - in oil or butter. Grilling is fine too.
You need to be careful with sauces - a lot of them have sugar in them. Mayo (provided it's not lowfat) is fine. Cream is allowed too! So cream based sauces rock.
You need to be careful of some sausages and burgers, as they are made with "filler" which may contain flour or other bad carbs.
You can eat cheese but in limited quantities.
I hope you like veggies too - you will be eating loads of them! And they taste SO GOOD once your mouth isn't totally desensitised to sweet tastes by all the sugar. Also, veggies served with fatty dressings (eg, beans grilled with butter) are fantastic!
Induction will most likely SUCK for you. The first week is horrible. Most people who try the plan and fail, fail here. Your body needs to change the way it works and it doesn't feel good while it's happening, but it's WORTH IT! This is not the first diet I've tried (weighless, slimfast, herbalife) and while I lost a little on all of those, I could never keep them up. I've been on Atkins since July 23, I have lost 30.5lbs as of this morning, and I am still LOVING it.

Anyway, to reiterate - buy the book and read it first. It's money well spent.
Good luck!
Steven
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 16:03
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Hi Feeny I would go here: http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-a...lans/index.html
and see which diet plan you know you can follow then go purchase that book. I didn't read it and then wound up buying 2 books because I found I liked CAD better. Go through and read and decide which plan is right for you first! Then it will give you an idea of everythin LC has to offer, but like Sinbad sad then go purchase the book.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 16:05
Too kinky for you

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/246/187 Male 176 cm
BF:xxx/27.2/20
Progress: 24%

Good point - if you're not sure which plan might be right then do some online research first!
I just assumed you'd decided on Atkins...
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 03:00

Plan: think im gonna try the atkins diet
Stats: 139/139/10 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:

Thanks sinbad and AmberAA1 i think im gonna give it a go ive got nothing to lose (apart from hopefully my weight). i just hope that on the induction if its a set meal plan to stick to that you can swap n change food that you dont like, because as you said sinbad i think its the first couple of weeks where you have to stick to a set plan to give you that boost where i have problems, but i suppose if i want it that bad i would do it.

so it looks like im off to the shops to check these books out, once again thanks for the info and hopefully i should be up and running within the next couple of days.
(it would be great if i could lose about 21lbs for crimbo) ttfn.