Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-09, 20:52

Plan: carnivore
Stats: 315/197/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

I pushed it way too long today. It was a hungry day, but I was busy. Had 2 Whopper Jr patties around 11am (yes, they'll do the same thing they do at A&W and sell the patties by themselves for $1 each!), 2 A&W patties around 3pm, and then didn't have a chance to slow down til about 20 minutes ago. Scarfed down some ribs I got from this really good rib place. I was so hungry at that point I felt faint, but still didn't have the urge to cave and eat whatever.

I've got a duck thawing in the fridge. Can't wait to make it! Then, I'm making a turkey.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-09, 23:58

Plan: Dirty Carnivore
Stats: 197/150/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

Yey Gran!!!! There you are!

ok there was a thread about where we are getting our calcium from eating meat, and I lost the discussion somewhere. And it was interesting to me.

anyone? Bueller?
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 03:43
Registered Member

Plan: Zero carb
Stats: 214/205/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMiller26
I sleep SO heavily now. A Mack Truck could plow through my room and I wouldn't notice. Hubby likes it because I don't "wake up" (eyes open, but still sleeping) and talk to him anymore. lol. But I do have some of the strangest dreams. I was singing lullabies to kittens the other night. lol

This is me as well! And, I can get back to sleep quicker after getting up to use the bathroom.

Also, without carbs, I don't snore anymore
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 03:48
Registered Member

Plan: Zero carb
Stats: 214/205/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodg4kat
So I just put dinner away and did dishes. Today was my first successful day of anything LC in quite a while. Amazingly, no withdrawal headaches, no run down feeling, and no hunger. Lately I make it to dinner and lose it in the evening. I am soooo not hungry right now, I can't even think of sticking my nose in the pantry to find junk. Good!!

I hope everyone else had a great day!

Such an awesome feeling isn't it?
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 05:40

Plan: My Way.
Stats: 178/173/140 Female 63 inches.
BF:
Progress: 13%

I find I have lost all interest in bacon & I am just finishing the last of my eggs rather than waste them. Doubt I shall be buying any more. I bought some pork sausage last week with 1% carbs, Enjoyed them & ate all 400gms but didn't feel satisfied. They are a temptation, better avoid that store. Still have some cheese but going off that too. Still have double (heavy) cream in decaf coffee but can't ever see me going off that.

Hi Starmaker, I had to go on to Pilotgal's profile to find this thread among her recent posts, I am not the sharpest knife in the draw but realized I was bound to find it there...
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 05:42
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttygran
I had to go on to Pilotgal's profile to find this thread among her recent posts, I am not the sharpest knife in the draw but realized I was bound to find it there...
this was a smart move!
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 05:55

Plan: My Way.
Stats: 178/173/140 Female 63 inches.
BF:
Progress: 13%

Cheers! I meant drawer, not draw!!
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 06:55
Registered Member

Plan: VLC/ZC
Stats: 147/135.2/120 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Had a great day back on ZC yesterday. (had a rough week with stuff at home last week) ate at 8:30am and then only had a bit more at 9pm

scale is down 3 lbs. which is nice

i'm finding that I get very nauseaus after my second meal. the thought of eating it makes me want to gag but i KNOW i have to eat something.

i was reading the digestion thread on ZIOH and it talks about HCL, anyone take them? try it?

i'm eating just ground beef right now. I had a lot in my freezer. its 80/20
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 07:10

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB2
Is it lower cravings, or the racing heart that did you in before?

joe

It was usually a combination of both that did me in. If I didn't quit because of the racing heart, I would up my carbs to the point where the heart thing went away...which was also a level that would cause terrible cravings.
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 07:24

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

I'm finding my meal pattern is kind of odd. Sometimes I'm ravenous when I wake up (like this morning) and other days I have no interest in food until almost noon. Yesterday I skipped lunch because the thought of eating was kind of nauseating. A few days ago I was super hungry for breakfast and lunch, but skipped dinner. I seem to be missing one meal every couple of days.

The other weird thing is, hunger and fullness are unmistakable! I used to spend a lot of time trying to figure out whether I was really hungry or not, and when I should stop eating. (You know, the "intuitive eating" approach.) Now I know I'm not hungry enough to eat because it is almost physically impossible to chew and swallow the food. And I know when I'm finished the same way. I feel like a door closes somewhere inside and I simply can't get another bite down. (Maybe TMI, but I actually had to spit a piece of steak into my napkin the other night because I knew I couldn't eat anymore.) SO different from regular LC, when I wouldn't be able to stop eating - or just picking at - some kind of lowcarb dish like a chicken broccoli casserole.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 08:03

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmikee
How do you all feel about eggs? Too many carbs? Not true carnivore? Or are they a good thing?

I'm not one of the hard-core ZCers, but I subscribe to the Dr. JK theory that eggs are one of nature's most perfect foods. I don't usually eat the 4 eggs a day that he recommends for people, but I rarely go a day without eggs. I just love 'em. Since I'm not all that crazy about most meats it is eggs and cheese and butter and cream which help keep me on a mostly animal-sourced diet.

And it doesn't seem to be hurting. Down another pound this morning. Only one more to go to reach an even 100 lost.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 08:10
Wag more, bark less.

Plan: Meat.
Stats: 216/149/145 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
Only one more to go to reach an even 100 lost.

That's great, Debbie; congratulations!
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 08:21

Plan: ZC/VLC
Stats: 243/220/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
I'm not one of the hard-core ZCers, but I subscribe to the Dr. JK theory that eggs are one of nature's most perfect foods. I don't usually eat the 4 eggs a day that he recommends for people, but I rarely go a day without eggs. I just love 'em. Since I'm not all that crazy about most meats it is eggs and cheese and butter and cream which help keep me on a mostly animal-sourced diet.

And it doesn't seem to be hurting. Down another pound this morning. Only one more to go to reach an even 100 lost.

congrats Deb! I WISH I liked eggs. They just gross me out tho.

I am still on my chicken wing kick. I am tempted to go to a butcher and ask them if they sell the skin from boneless skiness chicken breasts. yummo
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 08:27

Plan: ZC/VLC
Stats: 243/220/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmaker
Yey Gran!!!! There you are!

ok there was a thread about where we are getting our calcium from eating meat, and I lost the discussion somewhere. And it was interesting to me.

anyone? Bueller?

maybe the end of the old thread?

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...620#post7960620
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 08:28
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln88
I am tempted to go to a butcher and ask them if they sell the skin from boneless skiness chicken breasts. yummo
that's on my bucket list.
congrats on the weight down, debbie!
Closed Thread