Rant: stomach vs. thigh loss
This is something that, I know, is totally shallow and I hate myself a little for how much it's bothering me.
But it is.
It's really driving me crazy seeing women, mostly on reddit, who are losing weight and complain about not losing in their thighs. Well that's where I've been losing quite a bit, and in many ways it sucks.
Don't get my wrong. At my size, I'm happy for any loss, but that's kind of the least convenient area for it for reasons that are both valid problems, and non-real problems that are just totally in my head. To my POV, though...
- I'm getting more chafing now than at my highest weight, because my pants bag at the crotch!
- Nothing fits right now because my pant legs are baggy, but the smaller size still cuts into my waist when I sit down. Also, I look terrible in leggings because you can see my belly rolls in them, and elastic waist bands make me want to cry.
- I'm starting to feel a thigh gap. Albeit a small one. However, feeling any sort when you're still 277 lbs, and in a size 24 is just weird! You even have to start walking differently.
- Thick thighs and butts are in, so who cares that I'm losing in my legs? Whether it was the skinny mini look of the 80s and 90s, or the thicker look of today, everyone agrees that you need a flat stomach. Which, I'm sure, will be impossible for me without surgery!
- Even the medical community agrees having weight in your butt and thighs is better, but, if you have a gut, it's only just a matter of time before you die young! Sucks for you! You're working on losing it? Well that's good, but you'd still be better off if your fat distribution were more feminine!
Can anyone help me put this into perspective?