Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  still cant believe it!!

View Article Article tools
  #121   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-13, 16:36

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 160/156.4/130 Female 69
BF:36%/33%/25%
Progress: 12%
Default Still on induction level carb count?

So I see in your success story you say you are still pretty much maintaining induction phase levels of carbs everyday....I was wondering about this,,,if this was o.k. to do if you found you were satiated and felt good.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-13, 13:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/188/150 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Congratulations!

I came in here for some inspiration as am like you were, a carboholic and my cravings are grabbing me at the moment.

Really lovely reading your story and a huge Congratulations! I am shorter than you but can't imagine what 140 let alone 126lb would look like on me, you look amazing though and really interesting reading also about your body balancing out at a weight without you stopping.

Thanks for sharing and being an inspiration!
  #123   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-13, 20:40

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 193.6/192/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Thumbs up Congratulations!!

Yes, You ARE a great inspiration!! Thanks for posting your story!! WOW!!
  #124   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-13, 08:50

Plan: Atkins Indunction (DANDR)
Stats: 205/202/130 Female 5'2 or 62''
BF:42%/???/28%
Progress: 28%

Hi Jo,

I came across your post just by chance. I haven't looked at any success stories in this forum, yours was my first.... All I can say is amazing! It was like I wrote it! You described me compltely 30lbs ago and now. Thank you for posting and much continued success!
  #125   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-13, 12:05

Plan: Keto
Stats: 241/235.6/199 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Very inspiring story and picture gallery to speak to your journey. Thank you so much for having the courage to share. You look wonderful and happy!
  #126   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-13, 16:22

Plan: ZC
Stats: 260/222/170 Male 5-10
BF:Huh?
Progress: 42%

I always love hearing your story.
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-14, 15:39

Plan: Keytonic
Stats: 156/156/136 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress:

Hi Jo

Read your success story and is so inspiring as you have done so well, it was not a flash in the pan and the eating plan can and has become part of your life. Your story has motivated me and i so hope to enjoy clothes again and to wear a bikini without scaring others! Thanks

Anita x
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-14, 00:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitaolson
Hi Jo

Read your success story and is so inspiring as you have done so well, it was not a flash in the pan and the eating plan can and has become part of your life. Your story has motivated me and i so hope to enjoy clothes again and to wear a bikini without scaring others! Thanks

Anita x

Thank you!!! My story is great - eventho I say it myself lol!!! The sad part and the part that annoys me, is that I didnt start this WOE til I was pretty much 40! That was 10 years ago now and altho I'm still fit, slim and healthy, I'm 50 and the bikini is starting to scare people again lol!!!!!

TOP TIP: Dont waste your lives believing the low fat mantra, lose the weight while you're young!!!

Jo xxx
  #129   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-14, 23:44
Registered Member

Plan: New Atkins
Stats: 256.2/229.3/195 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Very inspirational thank you! I did the Atkins diet around 14 years ago when I was 26 years old. I'm 40 years old now. Back then I think I was around 230 lbs when I started the Atkins diet and I wanted to lose weight cause I was getting married. I lost around 35 lbs then very easily. I have great will power when I want to do something. So when I got married I was only 195 lbs. I felt so great I was almost at my high school weight being a broad shouldered fairly muscular guy under the fat. I kept the weight off for almost a year I think but then I started eating all the crap again. I love chocolate, baked stuff and eat a lot of sandwiches that are full of carbs in the bread. Well after eating like crap for 14 years I'm up to 258.6 lbs. That was a week ago but I know I've lost a bunch already. I had enough of being obese. I was getting light headed and dizzy often. I thought I was getting diabetes. My knees hurt all the time, my lower back is in agony all the time from supporting my fat stomach, and I have been tired and feeling very unhealthy all the time.
So me and my wife decided to do the New Atkins together since she has also gained about 20 lbs since she was in her 20's. She's 43 right now.

Anyway I just want to say thanks for your story and inspiration and I hope to be posting my successful progress story soon too!
  #130   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-14, 21:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/168/145 Female 5.3 inch
BF:Better Now
Progress: 62%

Very impressive success. And you sound like you have a great attitude. Good for you and keep up the great work
  #131   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-15, 09:02

Plan: mine
Stats: 222/185/143 Male 175
BF:
Progress:

fantasatic.
eating meat makes you feel good and dont crave for sugar or breads.
  #132   ^
Old Thu, Jun-11-15, 10:40

Plan: Atkins> LCHF >Carnivore
Stats: 200/183.5/150 Female 5'8" inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

You go girl! I want to be like you! I am about 5'7" as well and started off at about 200 lbs. (this time, I have weighed more in the past). I am 15 lbs down since April 23rd and I intend to stay the course (unless I get pregnant, and I then I will have to put on a few lbs., haha).

Thanks for posting this! How long did it take you to lose as much weight as you did?
  #133   ^
Old Mon, Feb-22-16, 13:08

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Beautiful story, beautiful transformation, beautiful woman!
  #134   ^
Old Tue, Mar-29-16, 03:31

Plan: None yet
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5 foot 4
BF:
Progress:

This is great to hear Jo, this inspires me to lose weight myself. I have around 50 pounds to lose!

Thanks for sharing.
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-16, 10:27

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%

JO...What an awesome and inspirational journey. So glad for you. Your pics are great. Thank you for sharing.