Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 21:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/167.5/150
BF:FAT
Progress: 58%
Talking I sooo want a wine

My partner and I WERE regular drinkers (a glass or two) of wine each night after dinner .
We plan to celebrate with a bottle of wine at the end of induction (next week), and then we do have a BBQ to attend on Australia day and...and...and when is enough, enough is this cheating

ALSO

Since starting LC I have found that I'm becoming addicted to decaf coffee and CREAM

SUE
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 22:04

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi ya,

Oh, for goodness sake have some wine. If you really keep it to a glass or two you'll be fine. According to an article I saw today, REGULAR alcohol consumption is actually healthy for you because it helps prevent heart attacks. I drink a glass or two of wine just about every night, and I still am losing weight. I think I'd probably lose more if I didn't, but it's just not worth it. I'm really enjoying eating low-carb, BUT I don't want to give up my wine (or for that matter, my caffienated coffe with cream. I say, all things in moderation. I'd rather LIVE than DIE - T.

Tami
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 23:40

Thanks Tami,

I guess we must keep 1 bad habit to keep us sane and if in moderation who can complain? just talking about it is making my mouth water and with the coffee thing, well it is decaf surely that can't be a bad thing. I just feel sooo guilty with all the fat consumpion I have to remind myself to 'eat FAT and get thin'.

I look forward to next wednesday for that glass or two.

CHEERS
Sue
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 21:05

Two more big sleeps till the end of induction and although I may keep carbs to at >20, I still plan to celebrate the end of induction with a nice bottle

Sue
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 07:47

BF:

Enjoy!

One of my favorite wines is from Australia--Rosemont Chardonnay (but I mostly stick with red wine now).

Tami
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 14:41

Tami, my favourites are the chardonnays too (really anything with a gold medal will do)

BUT I thought the white wines were lower in carbs or do you just prefer the taste of red wines now . My DH is a red wine drinker (then again he would drink anything) though he has been really good while on induction. That would probably his headaches last week, going cold turkey off his black coffee and alcohol.

Sue.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 15:07
Contributing Member

Plan: Adkins (somewhat modified)
Stats: 250/182/170
BF:
Progress: 85%
Smile Have a glass!!!

My doctor even recommended a friend and I drink a glass of red wine at night.....I think he even said it could help with cholesterol levels.....can't see where drinking it has hurt me at all!

Have a great time...drink one for me!

micsing
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 18:16

BF:

Sue, actually, it has to do with quantity. When I drink white wine, it goes down like soda pop, whereas red is enjoyed more slowly, so I drink less. This is my big struggle right now...moderating quantity. I've come to terms with the fact that I simply choose not to give up alcohol completely, but I know that the quantity must be limited (both for financial reasons as well as for carbs!)

Tami
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 08:20
Registered Member

Plan: adkins diet
Stats: 190/175/135
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default wine wine wine

Sue,
I am not a big wine drinker unless it tastes like kool-aid, but my partner has started drinking wine once a week, normally some sort of red wine and she is loosing probally more than me...
I guess maybe I need to develop a habit if its working for her

How did you survive the BBQ? I found when we went to a party that people tend to have alot of meats and cheese anyway, so its not such a problem ........its all the sauces and hidden sugar.....

Sherry
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 18:14

Sherry,

The BBQ was fine, your right meat and cheeses, so no troubles there. DH and I shared a bottle of white, I was proud of him cause he had no more then I and normally he guzzles. He did get paid-out on for not having a beer but he handled it well.

We have another BBQ this weekend for Australia day. One bottle will not last at that party as it's an all day thing, we might have to have one each this time and pad it out with a cube of ice in each glass. hehehe!

Sue
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 13:02

Plan: shwarzbein/protein power
Stats: 165/135/125
BF:
Progress: 75%

I'm still indulging in the occasional glass of red wine too. Used to have it with dinner every night. Now maybe a glass or two every week. SO far my weight loss doesn't seem to have stalled. I just make sure to count it in my carb count.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 01:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%
Thumbs up Wine

O. K. could'nt resist posting some of my favorite wine Quotes

#1 A girl's got to get her Iron.

#2 A day without wine ? Why bother?

#3 I love cooking with wine , sometimes I even put it in the food.

#4 Friends are like wine, they get better with age.

#5 Let the wine of our friendshipo never run dry.

#6 A good wine should breathe, 30 seconds should do it!

Hope it's good for a chuckle or two, Cheers Kathy
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 17:20

Plan: shwarzbein/protein power
Stats: 165/135/125
BF:
Progress: 75%

#14   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 21:21

Quote:
#3 I love cooking with wine , sometimes I even put it in the food.

Kathy this one say's it all, I DO love to add wine to my meals. After induction I had about two-three bottles of wine and no more weight loss so since then I have gone off it for a while , but as I said I do like to add it in my cooking anyway Hubbster Got a cask the other day and it has been tempting me more and more (I really have been good) but with all the teenager problems at the moment I'll think I'll have one or two (glasses) tonight.

"I SOOOO WANT A WINE".