Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 10:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178.5/168/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default dissapointed..

I'm very dissapointed in myself. I did good on this diet for over two weeks, then I got tempted with Mcdonalds. Now I'm paying for it.

I have cheated ever day this week and I keep telling myself to get back on track. Then I tell myself that I only have a few more days until Xmas, that I can start back up the day after. I feel so stupid for cheating and even stupider for continuing to do it. Now I tell myself there's no point starting over on Atkins until after the holidays. Is it too late to pick up where I left off or should I just start Atkins's over?

I was doing so good too.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 11:05

Plan: BFC
Stats: 182/161/150 Female 5'4"
BF:dont.wanna.know
Progress: 66%

Well, first off...you're NOT stupid! Realizing and admitting what you did is a good thing. Not just to us, but yourself.

Now you've got two options...one...start again today or tomorrow...or two...get yourself a plan and get back on this WOL by setting a date and sticking with it. You've done fantastic so far. Be proud of yourself at least for that!

You can still do good and trust me....we all understand what you are going through. I've been back and forth. I've finally set myself a date (Jan 2, 2006) and I'm in the process of preparing for just that date. Take it day by day and also plan ahead...you can do this...you've done great so far!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 11:49
Registered Member

Plan: HARDCORE low carb!
Stats: 225/184/130 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 43%

I just did the same thing last sunday...
I felt sooo guilty, but I started back monday and I feel GREAT!
We all slip up, dont beat yourself up about it. Just get back on the wagon, and remember.. YOU CAN DO IT~

j
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 11:59

Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Lady
I've finally set myself a date (Jan 2, 2006) and I'm in the process of preparing for just that date.

I really think "preparing to start" is vital. (At least for me!) Think about what it was that ended you up at MacDonald's and then you can do what you need to do to minimize the likelihood it will happen again. The better prepared you are, and the more you have thought through your own particular stumbling blocks, the better things will go for you. No need to be disappointed with yourself- you've simply had a "learning opportunity"!

But don't give up! And even if you decide to restart after the holidays, I really want to encourage you NOT to use the holidays as an excuse to go wild with carbs!! You'll REALLY regret the weight you put back on, and you might end up feeling so discouraged you don't restart at all!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 12:00

Stats: 239/223/154 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

If first you don't suceed, try, try again.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 12:30

Stats: 196/176/150 Female 5'6.5
BF:
Progress: 43%

It's never too late.

Do what feels more natural, don't punish yourself.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 13:07

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 336/289.8/250 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 54%

of all the things to go off for , mcdonalds? ewww. but just regain focus after christmas i think would be the best. But who am i to think whats best for you. You know what you should do and you know what you will do
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 13:08
Registered Member

Stats: 340/310/210 Male 6 feet 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 23%

I know this is different but.......Back when I used to smoke, I quit 100 times. Then one day I woke up and didn't feel like smoking. One day lead to 2 and on and on. Next thing you know I just quit!! That was 10 years ago.

This same thing can happened with eating on Atkins! If nothing else, the very next day you are not that hungry, try eating low carb foods (under 20 carbs) If you can do this 2 days in a row you are right back on track and on the way to Induction. This is how I came back to Atkins 3 weeks ago.

Hope some of this helps.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 13:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - OWL
Stats: 150/150/110 Female 62.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Do not be too hard to yourself!

If you think you gonna be struggling with this WOE through Xmas holidays, then set up a date in January and wait till then.

If feeling better and thinner from tomorrow on is your main will, go back to strict induction straight away and you will see the first great results by new year's eve!

It's up to you, whenever you feel like go for it and stick to it!

GOOD LUCK
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 14:34

Stats: 184/140/125 Female 5 ft 1 in
BF:41%/33.2%/20
Progress: 75%

You can get back on track....promise...we have all been there and can relate to that low feeling associated with cheating or binging.
when I go through times like that I plan to get right back on track....if I go for a few days I consider my goal and what I want to look or feel like when I have reached maintainance.

Keep your eye on the goal! THis is a bump in the road, not the end of the road.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 15:51

Stats: 254/215/150 Female 64"
BF:C198/T126/H53/L120
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruri
If you think you gonna be struggling with this WOE through Xmas holidays, then set up a date in January and wait till then.

I have to agree. However, since youve done so well, dont let this "waiting" be a license to pig out on carbs. Its supposed to be a way of LIFE, and its all a learning process-so see if you can control yourself, listen to your mind and body and see if you REALLY WANT that food. Try to say no. Find out why you cant-and how to learn to do so.

Ive been cheating too, by allowing a bite of something here and there, and I havent had full blown cravings yet. That doesnt work for everyone. I reserve my carb intake for stuff I REALLY want, blowing off the bread, but Ill take a bite of the amazing dark chocolate, for example. Today I went crazy and had mexican food for lunch, beans and rice and the whole nine, but it was really delicious. I wont have carbs the rest of the day, or probably tomorrow, since I wont have an opportunity to have something that I really want.

I intend on going back first of the year, but Im still being as legal as I can, so it will be easier when I do.

Best wishes,
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 16:31

Plan: Atkins' OWL
Stats: 294/237.6/149 Female 5'8"
BF:oodles
Progress: 39%

The best advice I ever saw on the forums about this kind of thing, came from one of the old-timers; she recommended that if you feel you just can't do it anymore, to go on Maintenance. When you're ready to dedicate yourself again, start at the beginning. You'll eat healthy, have more flexibility, and maybe even avoid weight gain. If doing Induction or OWL is too much right now, do you think you could stick to Maintenance and then start over in January?
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 16:52

Plan: LC
Stats: 176/150/145 Female 5 feet 6
BF:
Progress: 84%

oh that's good advice JaneDough!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-05, 10:44

Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

I am going to go back on induction Jan. 3. I stocked up on sugar free goodies to get me through Christmas, yet I am planning on having pizza and some Bailey's Irish Cream on New Years eve. I love the Irish Cream, and if I get the craving out of my system I know I will be fine for another year!! I am so stoked!! I am looking forward to this cheat, and I am sure that the "sick" feeling from eating too many carbs will make me stay true to my WOE for a long time after!! Pick a day, and make a new start! We can all do it! My motto is "it better be worth it" That means to me that I would never "cheat" with McDonalds, or Taco Bell, that just isn't worth it to me. But, the Baileys!! Now that just might be worth it!!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-05, 14:49

Stats: 144/138/120 Female 5'-2"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Thats very good advice Jane dough....REALLY

what's been done can not be undone...but avoid cheating anymore or at least choose your food carefully...If a bite can satisfy ur taste dont go for the whole thing...Get back on the wagon as soon as you can and you'll feel you havent done much harm.hehe ! i'm done lecturing (My fav. part !! tee hee )

Easier said than done - huhhh....i'm experiencing the same thing- well almost if i dont control myself soon....i can see myself slipping...i started with a bite of lo carb choc dessert i made, and now i want it every single day.....eeeeehhhhh i must get myself outta this craving for chocolate or else this cud lead to more damaging cheats....