Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 11:11
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 197/191/140 Male 5 feet, 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Question Several important Questions

Okay here are my questions for the day

1) If one is type 2 diabetic then certainly CKD is out of the question, correct?

2)Is it true that while doing just Atkins it is very hard to gain muschle while weight training or this is just a myth?

3)What is the advantage of TKD vs. Atkins

4)Is cardio really necessary and if yes, how much?
I am starting again (after 8 months) going to gym today and the difference is now I am on Atkins. I was wondering if only 10 min of cardio to warm up before weight training is fine or do I have to do more.
I am probably not going to be able to go to gym more than 3-4 days a week.

My main goals are to lose weight, gain muscle, and maintain blood sugar.

All of your help would be GREATLY appreciated. I did order Trainer Dan's book as well.

THANKSSSSSSS
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 14:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/159/145
BF:
Progress: 48%

I'm only going to try to direct an answer at #4 because I have no idea about the others.

The last time I did the Atkins (induction level) I was doing absolutely NO cardio excercise and I managed to lose approx 2.3lb a week that way. I'm doing the Atkins again, for the second time, and this time I plan to do cardio 3 to 4 times a week (easier said than done). If I follow through with this I'll let you know what the difference is.

Last time I did Atkins I charted out my weight loss and it was incredibly linear in the sense that I was regularly losing 1.1kg a week for several weeks in a row. All weights were done at similar times with similar levels of fluid consumption beforehand
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 197/191/140 Male 5 feet, 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default good luck

thanks, and do let me know of your results.
Good luck to you
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 13:54
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

1. don't know, sorry
2. no - this is a myth
3. tkd is a limited version of ckd so possibly not wise for a diabetic, either - the tkd is for someone looking to increase muscle mass, atkins is a way of eating for good health and weight loss
4. adding cardio would probably increase your weight loss and is good for the heart - that means essential in my opinion but you make the call