Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-18, 10:55

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Logging in

I am really getting quite frustrated with this, EVERYDAY, it takes me at least a minimum of 3 attempts to log in, I am entering my password and user name correctly and this happens everyday, I log off after each visit, and even if I hve been successfully logged in, when I log out and come back later...the same thing happens. This is the only site I have issues with, so I don't believe it is me or my computer, If this keeps up, it will keep me away... just saying...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-18, 17:03
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

I just tried logging out and back in on both Chrome and Firefox on a Windows machine with no issue. I've also used it on my iPad and my phone, no login issues.

I'll see what one of the admins has to say, but if I had to guess, I'd say it sounds like a browser/cookie problem. Do you have an overzealous plugin trying to delete cookies or something?

I know this is just a workaround and not a solution, but do you really have to log out? Are you sharing the computer and you don't want someone else seeing your login info?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-18, 17:46
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

What error message do you see when the login fails? What happens if you change your password? .. here.

p.s. - for the record, I also have no problem logging in with different browsers and devices. In the past, the rare times it failed was because my keyboard was stuck in CAPS LOCK mode .. forum passwords are case-sensitive.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-18, 02:47

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hey Kristine and Doreen, thanks for the insight into my problem. So, sometimes I log in just fine other time it tells me I have entered incorrect password, and says you only get 5 tries before it locks you out, it usually takes 3 or 4 attempts. This morning I got in first time...yay..I have not tried to change my password and for the record, I am a bit of a computer idiot, so I don't even know what cookie's are???lol, except that I don't eat them...I do share the computer with my DH and it is not that I don't want him to see my log in info, I just don't want him seeing my journal or any of my visitor's, those who know me, and chat with me know that I get zero support for this WOE from him, this site is MY PLACE not his...
I use Chrome and I will say that when I log on I am told that this site is NOT SECURE, so I have always been a bit cautious of it. I do thank you for the suggestions, I guess it is what it is..

Have a positive day, ttys
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-18, 08:20
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoogirl
... I use Chrome and I will say that when I log on I am told that this site is NOT SECURE, so I have always been a bit cautious of it.

Yes, I get this too, not just here but other sites I visit regularly and have trusted for years. These sites are, in fact, very secure .. it's just that newer browsers tend to be programmed to only recognize the latest security software. Because they don't "recognize" older security programs, the connection gets labelled "not secure" . Older doesn't mean defunct

Doreen