Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-04-09, 07:22

Plan: CAD
Stats: 176/-/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Poll: Who is successfully losing weight on CAD?

Just curious.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-04-09, 16:44
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
feel free to look at any of my posts- I have lost and maintained all on CALP.
E
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-04-09, 22:33

Plan: CAD
Stats: 176/-/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
feel free to look at any of my posts- I have lost and maintained all on CALP.
E

Are you the only person who has found success with this plan?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-04-09, 23:23

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

I have also been successful although I still have a ways to go. As a matter of fact, it was weigh in and measurement day for me so I was getting ready to update my stats when I noticed this thread.

Unfortunately, my weight is exactly what it was last month. I will continue to follow this way of eating and hope that I will get back to the lowest weight I saw a couple of months ago.

The one thing about this program is that it is not a quick fix! It is a way of eating that helps to control insulin levels. I love sugar and I can still enjoy it without losing control. My meals continue to keep me satisfied for hours and I have no problem with my family snacking in front of me.

I follow the guidelines of CALP and try to keep it balanced. I do my best when I keep my meals simple. I begin with a salad and try to eat the same amount of protein, vegetables, and carbohydrates.

I have been on here awhile and even have a journal that I started when I first began. It is no longer active but I am an active member on the CAD/CALP main thread.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-05-09, 00:46
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 166/155/150 Female 64.5
BF:
Progress: 69%

I've also had success on this program...What other diet can you have candy on? This to me is guilt free eating. I do better when I am disciplined. Eating better helps me be less depressed and more energetic. I was down to 135 2 years ago and slowly began thinking I could be more loose with the diet or WOL and then my exercising went down and I gained back the weight and even more. I've tried the rotation diet, weight watchers exchanges, but I'm not sure those recommend a changed way of eating. Well Weight Watchers does. But what I like about this is that you can eat as much and as often as you like of certain kinds of food. No measuring and the fat is downright indulgent. I am totally convinced its not the fat but the carbs that make me fat and how my body stores the excess. I am a nurse and the doctor I worked with was on Carbohydrate Addicts Diet for control of his blood sugar. He was a skinny little guy but intelligent and made a big impression on me. I have my struggles at doing completely what the diet calls for. Like water and balancing my reward meal, but I'm working on it. I don't do well eating what I want to, I eat way too many carbs and my attitude and state of mind feel the effects of that. I've also tried the cabbage soup diet and what that taught me was that I don't have to like everything that goes in my mouth. So for me CAD' s been the only thing that has worked and now I'm older so my older metabolism is something I'm dealing with this go round.

Jackie
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-05-09, 16:05
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I don't think I am the only one who is successful- but maybe the longest one posting! I post to keep myself on track, and it is also a way to pay back the Hellers for changing my life. I can't even describe the difference this has made for me.
E
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-09, 13:55

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppinn
Unfortunately, my weight is exactly what it was last month.

Hi,
I was wondering if you exercise? If so, what do you do and how long, then I went to the other thread and saw that you're using bowflex now. so...never mind. I wish I could've deleted this ..

Last edited by Mayflowers : Tue, Dec-29-09 at 14:04.