Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-18, 06:51

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebenRedux
Wow, awesome trig/HDLs! And with Paleo/Keto alone! You ARE an inspiration! I'm a bit puzzled about your comment re the BMI, though. I thought I understood BMIs but was under the impression that a BMI of 50 at pretty much any weight was a problem. Have I missed something?

I appreciate your suggestion of a consult at Duke/Heal Clinic. Will see what I can find out. I actually was wanting to go over there for a consult re statin induced mitochondrial myopathy in early 2016 but was much too ill to manage it (or even think) at the time.

Sorry! I am usually careful with grammar and spelling, but that sentence is a real dog's breakfast. I lost 60 pounds down to 162, but even though I regained to more stay around a 50 pound loss, 169 is a healthy BMI for me (169 at my height is the cut-off for a BMI of 25!! or entering the healthy BMI range)

ps on visiting "Medical City"...Dr Westman has a support group meeting first Tuesday of every month unless he is traveling. Free. Do not have to a patient. Some people from out of town plan their appointments to attend that also. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Duk...rbSupportGroup/
Bad videos of previous meetings here: https://www.facebook.com/HEALclinic...hc_location=ufi (The January one had good info for beginners)

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Feb-24-18 at 06:59.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-18, 15:31

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 242/225/150 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:39%/39%/24%
Progress: 18%

Ha, ha! Grammar gremlins! Been there, done that!

I can tell right now, though, Janet, that you've got the height I've always envied (and I'm not particularly short). Just always thought my body would feel more comfortable a couple of inches taller. Now I'm expecting to feel 2" taller by going 90# lighter.

And thanks for those links -- I'll check out January!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Feb-28-18, 07:28

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
Just always thought my body would feel more comfortable a couple of inches taller.
Reminds me of that old joke: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

There's a grain of truth in that, in the sense that we're all constructed uniquely, and that includes how, where, and how much body fat, muscle, bone density, and all that get put together.

Making peace with what you were born with is a lifelong process, IMHO.

Enjoy the day.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Mar-01-18, 07:17

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 242/225/150 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:39%/39%/24%
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Reminds me of that old joke: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

There's a grain of truth in that, in the sense that we're all constructed uniquely, and that includes how, where, and how much body fat, muscle, bone density, and all that get put together.

Making peace with what you were born with is a lifelong process, IMHO.

Enjoy the day.

It IS just like that joke (good one). It wasn't a thought that caused me any particular angst, though, just the occasional "Oh (sigh) wouldn't it have been CONVENIENT if I were a few inches taller?"

I do know that once I've lost these physically painful 50 pounds I've put on most recently, I'll be able to ENJOY my (perfectly acceptable) height a whole lot more.