Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 11:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/low sodium/no sugar!
Stats: 155/140/130
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default JAN'S EXERCISE PROGRAM

I am a recreational cyclist. For 14 years I trained for long rides, with at least one century ride each season. I wanted to "be the best I could be", and 6 years ago began to work with an Exercise Physiologist who provided me with an exercise program. Before each cycling season I had aerobic testing done. These results would provide me with the correct heart rate range to train in. I had a really great time with the long bike rides, despite the fact I hadn't discovered LCarbing, and was always struggling with food. I was diagnosed with low bone density 3 years ago, which resulted in my needing to change my training regimen substantially. I still absolutely love to ride my bike (distances not as long), and enjoy the memories of long rides with my cycling friends. Where I am now is focusing on strength training, & aerobic conditioning. I'm at the gym 5 days a week, strength training 4X, cardio 5X. Weekends are cycling in the season, otherwise long walks.

45 minutes gauntlet (level 9) using Fat Burner program at 80% maximum heart rate
lower body:
leg press 3 sets 10X each
leg extension "
leg curl "
abduction "
adduction "
calf press "
ab's "

I'll walk this evening, the weather is nice, so it will probably be for at least 30 minutes. I will attempt to walk through the winter again as I have done. I purchased small round lites (that are sold as bike lights) that I clip to my jacket. Want to walk safely!

My inquiry to you all is: Does anyone have any suggestions for web sites for strength and conditioning exercises? Also, has anyone tried Pilates??

Have a safe Thanksgiving to all.

jan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 11:53

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: JAN'S EXERCISE PROGRAM

Quote:
Originally posted by jan082001
My inquiry to you all is: Does anyone have any suggestions for web sites for strength and conditioning exercises?

Hi Jan I often use this site, its well organized and has a lot of great information aside from the resistance exercises.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

HTH
Nat