Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 17:44
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Hi Sue: It's me again....Willeke is a very nice lady, in my experience, and it is easy to see why she would be concerned. But I am similar to you (as well as being 2 inches shorter) and understand what you are saying. In the past I have only been able to maintain or lose weight (no matter what I ate) on 1000 calories or less. Above that the pounds start creeping back up. I can JUMPSTART a low carb diet on a few more, up to maybe 1800 but no more than that. I am trying to be patient this time....hoping that I can have a little more to eat on low carb.....and at least I am not gaining. But I find myself energetic and feeling full on 1200 to 1400 calories, though I am not deliberately restricting them. It just comes out that way. I'm sure many folks out there would be ravenous and weak at that level. Even I would begin to feel a bit faint at less than 7 or 8 hundred. My point is that we are all different. It doesn't seem that your goal weight is unreasonable and over 5 months is a very long time to go without losing. I assume you are taking supplements. Not a long term solution, but you should be okay for the two week trial.

I do think you might be wise not to post your caloric intake publically on these boards, or you will continue to get concerned responses from extremely well meaning people.

Kay