Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#691   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-23, 04:03

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey ladies!

Quickie as I have been "browsing too long online looking at tires of all things. I am thinking Bridgestone might be "the ones". I need to get a Costco membership to get the discount on those.
Sighhhhhhhh always something needing $$$, but if you think about the fact I will get them almost on my overtime money- CHA CHING. Need to keep these cars up and in prime condition.

Lori- - good luck today with the movers and the sale? Is that today too? Bust two days you have!

There is a stomach bug going around here too! URGHHHHH I am being very careful. It seems Spring does bring that around every year! Sorry to hear Betty has it.

Trig- I am with ya on eyes open, mind engages and then no sleep!
I sorta love tree frogs but RAREY see them. Tiny critters for such a loud mouth!!!!

Nic- - can't wait to hear all about it!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Gotta run- late........
Sponsored Links
  #692   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-23, 05:23

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz......The "sale" is an online auction. They take all the stuff to their warehouse, photograph it, list all items for sale and it all happens online. Those who win the items go to the warehouse to pick up or possibly they can pay for shipping if they are not local. Not an old time sale like you used to see in people's yards. It's all new to me!
  #693   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-23, 03:49

BF:

Good Morning.

Will DH & I ever get a good night's sleep again? Seems doubtful. I'm so tired of being tired and worrying about him. Life sucks rocks at the moment.

4 guys came and started moving stuff out yesterday. They're coming back at 7AM today to continue. Hoping they get a lot done before rain showers come in around Noon.

Betty was back to normal when we visited yesterday afternoon. Thank goodness the stomach thing was short-lived. She was sure miserable on Tuesday.

Today I have to get my 30 min. minimum walk in and go to the grocery store. That's it. I need a nap.

Sorry no personals....I have zero brain space for anything today.
  #694   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-23, 04:00

BF:

Morning!

What a rough day yesterday- urghhhhhhh 2 days of this week to go! I am counting down the weeks.

I do however, might have a job opportunity here in Charleston. I am going to apply. The gals who run the rehab center here are looking for another admissions person. Granted it is more like a sales job than a nursing job- I am so ready to take one foot out of nursing.
Add that to the fact the type of people I would be dealing with are people who WILL RECOVER, get better and go home.

I am just exhausted holding the hands of dying people. I have 2 families going through that right now. Both people won't make it to see the weekend though. It's the families too........... they are emotional wrecks. It just a lot- then you add understaffing and and and and and holy crap. Ok- taking 30 minutes and NOT talking about work!

Well going back to the rehab gig- .......lololololololol........ it is a national company that is doing VERY well $$ and they are expanding services and hiring for solid well-paying jobs. So yeah, I am interested. I have an in too. The team that would interview me I already know very well. They ask me to apply! So......... I shall see.

Nic- What are you exploring today????????? Pic's and details!

Lori-
Wow, on the sale! I mean ONLINE?!?!? No more browsing through old homes and estate sales? What fun is online? Nothing like driving down the street and seeing a sign and pulling up and finding a hidden treasure in a sale! I would buy old kitchen ware like spoons, and bowls and such. Some of those have real value. I still use the "meat fork" my Nana had. Timeless!
Wow! I hope the sale goes well! Is there a link? I might need another meat fork! HAHAHAHAH

Trig--Goodness you still without a prom dress? When is prom? I might need to go online speaking of online..........

How is the MIL? Truck issues? Everything getting fixed up?

It was SO SO SO nice out yesterday. Today is going to be a repeat! I am jelly you can go outside!
Enjoy some sun!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

I am going to take that advice myself. I am GOING to take my 30-minute lunch break and sit in the sunshine. I have not done that since I have started working here. I eat, IF I eat at my computer charting. Yeah- no more. I need to get up and take that mental break.

So, a funny. I decided that I would toss my pot roast, (chuck this time), into the crock pot and let it cook while I was sleeping. It actually kept me awake. Like I would start smelling it and my brain would click on! But- now I have a beautiful piece of pot roast to take into work- no cooking after work!

I am on the struggle bus for my WOE. I am back on track but in a complete stall and have been now for going on 2 months. I just hit that stall wall.

Well, nothing much to add- gotta hit the shower and pretend to give a rat about this gig. I do love my paychecks though! LOLOLOL
  #695   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-23, 04:04

BF:

WE cross posted Lori! BIG HUGS coming your way via ONLINE!!!!

I hope you and hubby can get some rest this weekend when this is ALL OVER! The sale will be over, Betty is moved and cared for, the house is sold. This is the last hump! Hang in there! There is light!

Hugs
  #696   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-23, 04:58

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, you got alot of stuff but online auction is a good thing too.
hey crap is gone, money will be made and garbage stuff is then handled too....well worth it all.
What we did, since mom had her home down to bare minimum, she is not a hoarder type like me LOL we all took what we wanted, like bro's son took the nice dining table and chairs etc. so we got rid of a few things, but in the end I had a consign shop come and 'take it all' from corner cabinets to bed frames to all dressers and front hall furn. etc and they sold it, sent me a check....then anything left after all that they showed me all left, can't sell and we donated it to goodwill......hey it was easy peasy.

Hold strong, all is happening and after, it is a monster relief off your shoulders for sure. Happy Betty is better, scary when the super oldies get 'some bug' or go off in any way but she seems to be doing very well in new digs...cool

Jaz, don't worry on weight loss, your body is catching up right now. Ya lost alot. You are eating great. You are healing and repairing that body so don't worry on that part ever. Just keep on going and crockpot roast smelling good, oh yea LOL remember also you can go down a darn size and 'lean mean out' more in body comp. without losing a darn lb so....hold onto it all and don't stress over any of it

hey that job sounds decent if ya wanna stay for a while there....money good, no big hosp. drama etc and you just do paperwork and more I could see it a good step outta real nursing into something less stressful.

Nicco we know you are having fun!!! be safe wandering around have some Irish whiskey for me please!!

-------------so kiddo now says she might not do prom. she really don't care so....wait and see if we shop tomorrow at prom dress store or not. chatted with her and no weirdo reason other than she just don't care about it all LOL Hey, she got my personality LOL, we shall see how it rolls.

truck in shop. wait game
MIL still getting tons of testing....I swear she is fine literally causeshe pulls this same 'icky sicky' for the last 5 yrs but in the end so far no testing has shown any bad issues like the Drs spouted off about....omgosh the brain drain from this crap.

weather at beach for our trip to be crappy, 3 days big rain then rain around and cloudy and temps not fab so maybe, the smallest maybe it was an ok cancel but gosh this ol' broad needs a change of scenery.

right now still in a mood. no doubt on that. just being, doing mostly nothing cause I don't care to do nothing.....oh well....let the days pass and see where it all ends up.

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Apr-06-23 at 05:25.
  #697   ^
Old Fri, Apr-07-23, 03:45

BF:

Good Morning!

Slept well until 3AM when Gabby decided it was time for breakfast. BRAT!! I'll catch a nap at some point. It's 5:30 now and I hear DH stirring around upstairs. He's meeting the movers again today at 7AM. I think it is doing him good to help them clear stuff out. Betty continues to hang on. She's dealing pretty well with the thought of her stuff being disposed of. After all these years, it can't be easy. The fact that the entire first floor is not being touched gives her a lot of peace. We only cleared out the 3 furnished apartments on the 2nd fl. and the 3rd fl. huge attic space, plus the carriage house(garage)...also huge. DH keeps saying that you just can't believe how much "stuff" there is. Oh yes, I can. When they come to clear out the 1st fl, whenever that happens, it will be a huge amount of stuff. As I said before, I can't wait until we walk out of that place for the last time. I'm WAY over it.

----------

Jaz.....I can't imagine how heart wrenching your job is. I know you're very good at it, but I'm sure it takes it's toll. I don't blame you for wanting to do something else in the near future.

Nic.....Hope you and DD are having the best time! I'm sure your week has flown by.

Trig....I hope DD doesn't decide the night before prom that she wants to go! That would be a mad scramble! How's your weather? We didn't end up having any rain yesterday, and now it's supposed to be sunny for the next week with temps hitting 80 by mid-week.

---------

I'm not planning on doing much today, other than getting out for my walk. Day #7! I think it'll only be in the 50's, so I'll have to wear a couple layers. Tomorrow starts a 6 day stretch of playing golf. Only in the 50's for the weekend, but by Monday it'll be 70's and beyond! That means I'll have to plan my walks for early in the morning. That's actually my favorite time to walk, but it makes me hustle to get that done and also get ready for golf. Gabby makes sure that I'm up in plenty of time to get it all done! Sigh.....

Have good days!
  #698   ^
Old Fri, Apr-07-23, 04:41

BF:

Good Morning!

PAYDAY FRIDAY! Oh YES PLEASE!

I got great sleep last night. I wasn't hot. I have wondered if me getting "hot" in the middle of the night is keeping me up. But last night I was cool and sleep great. ????????

Lori- Your hump is ALMOST over. I love Trigs post. Bag it up and ship it out and donate the rest and DONE!
You two seriously need a weekend away somewhere fun! GO for it!

Trig- Yup- agreed this week in weather has been hit and miss. So MAYBE, your campground cancel wasn't in vain!

I agree that the body takes a minute to "adjust" after a drop. I AM just keep on keeping on. WHY???? Because When I eat so simple it feels good to my gut. I hate bubble guts and all the GI stuff I get when I don't eat clean. I started off doing Carnivore out of pure desperation to feel better.

I did, and then the inflammation went away, and the weight dropped off. The more inflammation there is the more fluid, and bloating one carries. I think that is the biggest benefit! Hardly any inflammation. No more aches, pains, foot, knee, body aches. Just nothing but feeling great! BIG bonus!
Add that to hardly any "real" cooking......... I don't spend hours in the kitchen anymore.
Boom- in the air fryer, on the plate. I am hauling that bad boy with me!

No prom huh? You know maybe not a bad thing. Kids these days just don't feel the same way about "stuff" like that. They are more into adventure, exploring, ect........

MIL.... goodness I sure know the "I gotta be sick" type! See it everyday. Insert eye roll here!

NIC- HIYA !
  #699   ^
Old Fri, Apr-07-23, 05:16

BF:

Lori, I remember long ago you posted a pic of Betty's historic home.....I don't remember 3 floors being used and all and it filled to that capacity, yikes!! It was a beauty history home for sure but the inside stuffed like would drive anyone batty. MIL is hoarder loaded with small country old home....6 rooms with alot of outbuildings/barns/storage packed full too but the home itself is small and ME AND HUBBY are beside ourself having to clear it out later....ugh....but floor by floor, inch by inch. And yea don't worry on Betty, she knows there is 0 use for any of it anymore, she gets it, and super oldies really don't put value on stuff anymore like us youngers so....all should progress well for ya!

rainy icky gray days here. not a fan. getting colder again too, WTH? lol

I am like you truly.....last time you walk away for good!! so tired of my parents house on market but we just accepted offer of 625k to unload it. hope it goes thru...ugh----I also must BE DONE with it all, so understand what you are saying!

Jazz, yea bubble guts and inflammation and more and some of us are SO effected by it all. I am and it sounds you are too. Always keep zc simple as you can and I parrot your kitchen cooking free time is valuable to me...omgosh I hate cooking to the max. Kitchen means 0 to me other than slap a steak in a pan done, or hit the crockpot and wait yea my kinda lifestyle for sure!!

you are right there is no 'traditional' anything for the young'ins anymore truly. many don't think that way. I was shocked she went to homecoming LOL but will ask her today, prom or no prom and we discussed 'old mom here feels' she might be missing out on something for young'ins for memories and she says, who cares? I don't? HAHA She said she will live in the present and worry about having a fun day on things she wants to do and make memories, she doesn't need forced fake ones....WTH? omg kiddo what a reaction on it all HAHA whatever, she can do her, I am fine with it all....saves me probably around $400 for dress, shoes, after party money etc....I am always a fan of that LOL

Nicco, I KNOW you gals are having a blast....can't wait to read up how much fun and new adventures you are having! Enjoy Ireland.

-------------ick day. or days to come still...bleck
whatever

the 3 of us own moms hosue and got offer for 625k and took it. We know all want outta this house around our necks. Super sad to sell, big big memories but MUST HAVE it OFF me too ya know. Agree with Lori above, at some point it has to 'be off us' so hoping sale finishes and house is gonzo.

got the darn 200k I will get planned. Keep out $50k in a 3% savings avvt. college money when needed or extra boot to hubbys income to live better as the yrs progress.......and put $150k into a 3 yr annuity at like 5% and just let it sit (VERY SAFELY) and make some bucks on it. So got that covered, just need to get my hands on that check and get house sold and done for good!!

Next is MIL's land. Another buyer called hubby. Hubby said first 3 mil takes it....hmmm, waiting to see what goes down....yes he finally 'told me something' about it....whatever LOL It is his gig and he never tells me nothing so, will just wait to see what bread crumbs come my way. another whatever

today is ribeye steak first meal, will pair with shrimp again. just in the mood for this combo. second meal just some cheeseburger patties. keeping zc very simple.

I did eat a few cookies and almost went ape shit over some choc. candy etc that I buy for kiddo. had to rain my happy azz back tight, I coulda gone on a friggin' tangent binge for sure....but even that little bit I ate made me feel 'off' and like Jazz said, when we feel 'great' we know it truly each and every moment on zc, when we 'ick out' we feel it fast too LOL I tell ya some days and right now in a mood and need to watch me....ugh....

be good, over and out.
  #700   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-23, 01:34

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all! Dot from me. I will have my own hotel room in Dublin tonight and hopefully can jot a note tonight or tmrw. Trip has been good. We are in the closing stretch!
  #701   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-23, 06:28

BF:

Good Morning!

A DOT from me too. "."

Off to the golf course! Talk later!
  #702   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-23, 06:34

BF:

Nicco, safe travels, fun times!! Enjoy!!

Lori, golf? we are in full big Tstorms, you are lucky you are clear now, I guess all this is coming your way soon? Have fun!!

Jaz, what's up? You got the big storms also or did they move thru?

-------------get this crap.....buyer for home yesterday got in small car wreck. old guy is fine but never got to agent to sign OTP on house......glad he is fine but friggin' come on!! We did have huge storms thru the day in pockets that were scary here but come on LOL I expected to sign our DocUSign and get this contract going for sale......waiting to see now.....ugh....

Kid don't want prom. Cool...over it all. She is old enough to do 'her' and that is decision.

paid IRS their damn 864 like 10 days ago to direct draft outta checking....they haven't done it???? come on, now I gotta follow up on this.

My refund for camp trip? non existent. now I gotta follow up on that too??

Now this stuff is not a huge issue but the mood I am in...yea it is! This is my life and I am now in a big funk. big big funk.

Got a ribeye defrosted. Got burgers for later. Both don't thrill me, I want a friggin' extra large pepperoni pizza and inhale the whole damn thing. can't tho, I am sure it would put me in the hosptial at this point HAHA omgosh yes I am wonky right now.

ok enough of it all...be good all
  #703   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-23, 15:05

BF:

OMG Dot from me too.......... got a new job- signed on dotted......
Letter sent to boss, agency and landlord. - DONE DEAL
Moving 2 weeks.

Morning and all and personals in am
  #704   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-23, 15:38

BF:

OMG.....So much going on here! Jaz......a new job? It's not a problem to quit in the middle of your contract when you're a traveler? I didn't know how that works. Can't wait to hear where you're moving to and more about the new job! If you're happy, we'll all be happy for you.

Trig.....You are having the worst luck! Geez, I hope everything goes thru with the house sale, even if it's a couple days later than expected. We're having great weather. A little chilly today and tomorrow, but starting Monday the temps go up and we'll hit 80 by the end of the week. Full sun all week.

Nic.....Can't wait to hear more about your travels!

Full day on the golf course....I'm whipped. No sooner home than we went to see Betty. She looked so tired and worn out. Day by day here.

I'll be in bed early. These 3AM wake up calls are killing me!
  #705   ^
Old Sun, Apr-09-23, 04:20

BF:

Good Morning! Me again!

Slept well, just not long enough! It is freakin' cold this morning, so we'll probably have a frost delay at the golf course, just like yesterday. They won't let us start playing until it warms up a bit to be sure there is no frost on the greens. If you walk on the greens(putting surface) when they are frosty, you can damage them. We were only about 20 minutes late starting yesterday..expecting the same today.

I think I'm going to do an indoor walking YouTube video this morning to get my 30 minutes in. I'll do some walking at the golf course too, but at least my 30 minutes for the April challenge will be done before I go.

Nic...are you traveling home today? Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Jaz......News, news!! I'm so anxious to hear where you are landing in 2 weeks and what your new job is all about. Exciting!

Trig....Hope next week goes better for you and you can get some details tied up with all the stuff that's been plaguing you!

------

Off to the golf course around 9. A nice active day. Something easy for dinner, haven't decided what it will be.

Have good days!
Closed Thread