Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 22:38

Plan: Atkins-Induction
Stats: 130/126/110
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Any teens?

Hey guys..

I'm just wondering if there are any teens on this board?? It seems as tho i'm the only one
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 17:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/145/110
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hiya!

Hi cathy...welcome

umm...i am 22 years old.......

i looked at your profile..you should have a very nice body..why do you wanna loose weight????????????????

welcome
Naddaw
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 19:26

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Kathy,

I have to say that I'm inclined to agree. For your height, you are surely a good weight already, aren't you? And at just 17 (if my maths are correct), I do feel rather puzzled.

Do your parents, friends, relatives agree that you need to lose weight?

Andy
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 15:56

BF:

Thanx for posting guys. I don't feel good about my body, and I want to be able to. My mom is fine with it, and she doens't think i need to lose weight, but i wanna do it for my self. It's not what othr people think of me, it's what i think.. and i'm not comfortable.

Naddaw: I don't think u need to lose weight either! Your slim
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 22:59

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Kathy,

You don't just have to be losing weight to benefit from this way of eating. There are many health benefits, and I have read a report of someone who continued on this way of eating after he had reached goal weight. He lost no further weight, but all his tests showed improved readings.

So I'll be happy to help you with this way of eating. First thing you need to do is start a journal. This enables food menus to be checked, and any misunderstandings cleared up. Also it gives you somewhere for other people to get in touch with you.

Andy
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 04:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/145/110
BF:

thanks Cathey....

but i really need to lose wieght...it is 136 now...it should be 110 maximum..Cathey..you are tall i am not

why do not post your picture here
see ya
thanks again
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 18:26

BF:

lol..Ur welcome, hun. As for the pic.. I don't have a nice pic i'd like to post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-02, 18:06

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default Kathy C,

Alright, I'm 5'9" and I know that there is no reason you need to be 110. After I hit my goal, I may lower it to 125, 120 the lowest, but not 110...ouch. YOu should try Yoga or toning. It may resolve your problem. Do you know you're percent body fat? b/c you may not be able to go that low, if you're musclar.

Good Luck,
Erin

Last edited by Erin4980 : Sun, Jan-27-02 at 21:42.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 20:49
Registered Member

Plan: high protein/low carb
Stats: 160/160/130 Female 5'5''
BF:

hey, im 15 from california. my names krystal. anyways um.... yeah. LOL!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 12:57

Plan: atkins/PP/my own
Stats: 180/133/140
BF:sz 14/4-6/toned 4
Progress: 118%
Wink yikes!

whoa Cathy......

Erin's right, try some yoga! Or pilates, or some light weights. Unless you've got bird bones, you are not going to look good at 110 pounds. I'm 5'9, and I can't even imagine being that low....LOL, I'd look like a skeleton. But then again, I'm "big boned" (really!! ) and gain muscle easily. WHen I was 14, I was a size 7/8 and looked very slender. I was about 140 pounds.

Isn't it funny how people look completely different at the same weight....even if they are the same height? I'm always amazed looking at the boards and seeing people's goal weights....I always forget that some people can get a lot lower and still look good. Maybe I'm lucky, but even at 180 pounds I looked fine. I gain weight evenly. (However, at my peak of 190 pounds, I looked FAT. It's weird where people's "fat" threshold is, if you kow what I mean)

Sorry for the rambling! I guess my point is, CAthy, is that please forget about the number. Eat low carb, and tone up! You'll get to that smaller size, look better, and feel better. The amount of protein you get on this diet is amazing for toning. I haven't lost much weight, but I've gone down a size!!

Grace
(ps, I'm not a teen, but I'm in college....age 22)
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 13:54

Default Gracie, I can't agree more,

First, when I figured out my lean body mass, it was 109. Yah, I'm a little taller than Kathy, but she's close. At 173, I'd say I didn't looked bad, but I think after 165 is when I hit my peak of what my body could handle and still look okay - not in a bathing suit or anything, rather in clothes. Anyone, I've always dismissed myself as big boned, but turns out I'm not. Do a couple searches. There is this one where if the width of your elbow bent is bw these particular inches, than you're big boned. Turns out I'm right in the middle. However, I am shaped more on the big side, so I can hold my weight better - hips and tush no matter what, and broader shoulders, etc. You should check it out (unless you already know), I lived my whole life saying I was big boned...lol. I think it also helped me the justify why I was bigger, now I realize just taller, than other girls.

Erin
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 16:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196.6/187.8/136
BF:
Progress: 15%
Smile New to the boards

Hey everybody....new to this whole post thing and thought this would be a good place to start. I started the Atkins thing about 3 weeks ago and the results are pretty good. I don't really know what I'm doing because I'm still trying to find things I can eat and things I can do to help lose weight. I haven't always been a "big girl," so I can't pin my problems on the big boned theory. I was always teased about being fat even though I didn't look 196....not to me and not to any of my close friends anyway. And I didn't feel 196 which in my opinion is more important. One of the reasons this diet is hard for me is because at school there is nothing I can eat so I have to bring my lunch and I don't really know anything I can take besides the meal bars. So if anyone has any ideas to make it a little easier, that would be great!!! Happy Dieting
~*Kellie*~

P.S.-- Look at some labels for flavored water. Most are carb, calorie, caffiene, fat, EVERYTHING free...they taste great and are a nice change from drinking nothing but water!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 12:07

Plan: low carb
Stats: 116.5/???/95
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default newbie!

hello! im 16 yrs old and just officially started the Atkins plan today...i kind of tried it months ago for one month but didn't really know much about it and ate carbs, but excluded the obvious such as rice,bread,pasta..etc. well..im glad i know a little more about it now and im very excited to do this plan because i know it will work since i lost about 8 pounds on my first try.
wish me luck!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 19:35

Default Butterfly9,

You're in Evansville? I'm in Bloomington IN - I go you IU...we're kinda neighbors.

Erin
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Oct-08-02, 14:30

Plan: Aitkens
Stats: 136/125/112
BF:eh i dunno!
Progress: 46%
Thumbs up hi! im a teen too!

hey!

I am Angela nice to meet you all!
It's well gid to see all you on this too!
i though i was the only wee lassie! heh
Ive been on it for 2 weeks and I've lost 12 pounds! Which is always a good thing
Well if you wanna talk to me, I am on msn sometimes, so add me...fighting_to_be_free~hotmail.com and just say that ur an Atkins boy or girl! heh...infact, are there any boys even on this lol, well hope to hear from use soon
love Angie
x
and keep it up! It is toally worth it!!!