Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-07, 10:49

Plan: Gen LC, Atkins influence
Stats: 264/251/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I'm a student too! I'm going year round, going into my fifth semester, but officially classified as a sophomore after last semester (only going part time). I'm majoring in Fashion Design and Merchandising with a business minor.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-07, 13:41

Plan: General LC
Stats: 318/213.2/185 Female 5ft 6.5
BF:
Progress: 79%

I am at UCLA, majoring in International Development, i dont know what ia m going to do with that degree... hopefully get into grad school....... i was on track to double major, but my fiance lives far and i dont want to wait ... so hopefully Fordham or Columbia will accept me for grad school when i move.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-07, 08:59

Plan: Wheat Belly
Stats: 245/232/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default My Major

Hi. Im new, I am majoring in Social Work with a minor in Psychology, will graduate with my AA degree in Feb. 2009 and go on to get my Bachelors and then Masters to be a LCSW.

Gwen
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-07, 03:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/194/165 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 28%

I am a 2nd year at the University of California, Irvine. My major is Poli Sci and I hope to apply to Law School after graduation. Only 2 years left of being stressed out with midterms and finals, then it's over!
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-07, 20:21

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Geography Major - 2nd year Master's...this will be my final year <tear!>
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-07, 18:29

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 173.8/173.8/140 Female 5'7"
BF:jig/ggg/lee
Progress: 0%

i'm majoring in family science (it pretty much enables me to work in any non-profit/youth education/adoption, pregnancy centers/open my own daycare, etc) with a minor in psych and will be done in august '08....

right now i'm studying for the gre and hope to start grad school in the end of august '08...

sometimes it's so overwhelming doing that and being a single mom....but i just want to be done with everything by may '10 - so i can get married & have more kids
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-07, 21:32

Stats: 145/145/110 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

Wow! Aren't we all a bunch of overachievers haha! This is pretty amazing, I love hearing about what everyone is doing with their lives, sounds like everyone here has a really bright future ahead of them. I'm majoring in Chemical Engineering with dual degree in Bio. After that who knows!
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-07, 18:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/160/130 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 0%

Congrats to everyone!! i CANNOT wait to graduate which will be inl ike threeee lonnggg yearsss because I had to go and switch my major (Iwould be graduating this year if I hadnt)!

O..I was majoring in Medical Dietetics but now I am majoring in English, pre-education whih is my passion
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-07, 11:02
LCing for health!

Plan: GF whole foods
Stats: 160/140/140 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wow, there are lots of brainiacs here.

I'm a Pub Pol major with a Bio minor and a certificate in Ethics. Two and a half more years to go!
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-08, 19:49

Stats: 216/126/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 105%

I've never come into this section of the forum--oops!

Anyway, I have a BA and MA in sociology and I'm currently working on my Ph.D. in sociology (criminology, specifically). I've got a couple more years to go.
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-08, 02:53
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 142/136/115 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Hello!

Nice to see you in this section! haha

I am actually going to be taking sociology this semester.

I am currently a Psych major. I took a semester off after graduating highschool (personal reasons) and worked. A lot. I am now going into my third semester. I have a difficult time following a linear path (of any sort it seems), so who knows how long it will take me to get through college.

I will be trying to solely eat off of my meal plan allowance, and that means only being able to buy food on campus. They don't have a ton of whole foods, as you can imagine. From what I remember, I will be able to pick up tuna, pickles, salads, fruit (when I reintroduce fruit into my diet), LC bars (if I decide to eat those), and perhaps beef jerky. *sigh* We shall see.

How are you doing?
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-08, 10:49

Stats: 216/126/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 105%

I hope you enjoy your soc class! I teach it every sem and try to make it as enjoyable as possible for my students.

I changed majors so many times as an undergrad (5 maybe?) that I'm pretty sure no one thought I'd ever graduate. In fact, I dropped out for a couple years along the way. So yeah...even if you don't know how to get to the end right now, I'm pretty sure you'll get there. College is about more than just graduating, you know.

I wish you luck eating off of your meal plan. I know it's do-able but I'd have a difficult time; I'm more easily tempted by non-LC things than I'd like to admit. My eating goes really well for me because I live alone and only have LC foods in the house. I don't even do much snacking because on top of having only LC foods, I really only have foods that have to be cooked and my snack cravings are never so strong that you'll find me in the kitchen cooking a turkey at 10PM.